Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Of any genre, what is the best game you have played recently?

Comments

• ZukapeZukape Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Stardew Valley: I knew the developer, we had a small chat before and after a couple years he finally released the game. Absolutely I loved it, nowadays am on it nearly everyday.

Sims 4: After second game, I stopped following it but 4th generation looks super cool.

O.S. Runescape: Not much thing to say, very old game. Finally I figured out the mechanics of the game. To be honest it is one of the genre which is not pay2win model. Kinda interesting game.

Gigantic: This week I finally had a chance to test the game on Xbox one, after playing a few hours. Immediatly I ordered Overwatch.

Path Of Exile: If you seen any of my posts before, possible I gave very good reviews about this game. With a brand new mechanics I back to playing it. If you loke ARPG`s this is the game you should spend time on, NOT Diablo III.
  • TheelyTheely Member UncommonPosts: 430
    edited March 2016
    Last of Us probably the best game I have played in the past 20 years. It is one of the only games in the past 5 years that I actually played nightly until I finished. If you own a PS3 or 4 and do not own this game you are missing out.
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I've been playing Fallout 4, World of Tanks, Black Desert Online, and Total War:Attila recently.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Life Is Strange
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    I have moved largely away from the MMORPG genre; there just isn't much that interests me currently (I am watching and waiting though). I am playing more and more multi-player arena and single player games... but I am always after suggestions of something new to try. 

Please let me know what games you have enjoyed recently (MMORPG or otherwise), and why they appealed to you. 

I'll start off with two: -

Robocraft: Think WOT, but where you design your own machine from the ground up, in a sci-fi setting. There are some balancing issues (missile launchers :/), but it is just great fun. Plus I find designing and building and improving your bot endlessly fun.  

Life is Strange: I stumbled across this one by accident, largely because high school angst is not a subject that interests me in the slightest, and I nearly quit during some of the more cringeworthy dialogue in the opening chapter... but thank F I stayed with it. It is a point and click adventure, but actually tells a deep, immersive and surprisingly emotional story.  
    SWG-best mmo ever, Mario Maker- unlimited mario level, 3d Mario world-fun MP, Trine 2- fun MP, and star bound good mp if you have a server. 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Dragon's Dogma

Also been enjoying Black Desert.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    I'm looking forward to trying the Culling and the new Hitman.

Blade and Soul is keeping me very busy game-wise, though.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    So after playing Assassin's Creed Black Flag, Metal Gear V, Witcher 3, Dragon's Dogma...  I have to say that Witcher 3 is the longest game I have ever played.  And Metal Gear V is probably the best game I have ever played.   Black Flag was a good change for that series and its worth playing for sure while Dragon's Dogma has really nice combat features and a nice world to go along with it.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Overwatch.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Darkest Dungeon
  • TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Rocket League.  Easy to learn, super hard to master.  Great devs, great community, and matches are only 5 minutes long!
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    Overwatch
    Starcraft 2 : Legacy of the Void
    Destiny
    Bloodborne
    Dragon's Dogma
    Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Recently ?

Divinity Original Sin enhanced edition.
  • KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    I have mainly been playing Black Desert Online. But the boredom of trying to level my horses makes me want to play another game while doing it. I want to try out Life is Strange on my PS4, or Dark Souls III. Can't decide.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    I've played a ton of games recently and only one lasted: Don't Starve.

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Rust....I know a lot of people knock it but IMO there is no better survival/crafting/building game out. 

• CyraelCyrael Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Skyrim. Specifically, heavily modded Skyrim. Skyrim + Requiem + Frostfall + iNeed (soon to be replaced by Last Seed + Hunger in the North) + Interesting NPCs + about 20 other mods is a completely different game from normal Skyrim.
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Playing BDO and loving it, always playing EvE, but have recently got my invite to alpha for black death, but not had chance to play it due to having grand-daughter this weekend... 

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Final Fantasy 9

Got released on Steam (and PC in general) for the first time the other week, I haven't played it since it was originally released on the Playstation. Really enjoying it, only 8 hours in so far but some fun moments and better combat than I remember. Looking forwards to when the game opens up and I can focus on leveling and exploring, rather than the on-rails story. 
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    Hmm, probably Company of Heroes 2. While not really my genre - I do think it and its prequel are among the best games of all time within the RTS genre.

Beyond that, I think The Division is a really great twist on a loot-driven game - and while there's a LOT of room for improvement, I think the foundation is better than a lot of people are giving it credit for.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I guess single player is the way to go.  I have a problem playing single player games, so for me it's ESO.

I self identify as a monkey.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856
    In the last couple of years, I'd say Kerbal Space Program was the standout for me.
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    The Division