Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization - The Non-MMO That Will Grab MMOers a Previews at MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageSword Art Online: Hollow Realization - The Non-MMO That Will Grab MMOers a Previews at MMORPG.com

Sometimes you have to go offline to go online and then go online in a VR game inside a video game. No, you’re not being incepted, it’s just the new Sword Art Online game.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    The vid is private.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Sorry! Fixed!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• ThedipThedip Member UncommonPosts: 8
    The video is still private to me
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Thedip said:
    The video is still private to me
    Same for me
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited April 2016
    I am a fan of the anime so definitely want to play this for the anime feel. Kirito !
    Chamber of Chains
  • tet666tet666 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    *sigh* Why don't they make a game from an actual good Anime about MMOs like Log Horizon or Hai to Gensou no Grimgar, the Author of Log Horizon actually even played MMOs.
  • onlinenow25onlinenow25 Member UncommonPosts: 305

tet666 said:

*sigh* Why don't they make a game from an actual good Anime about MMOs like Log Horizon or Hai to Gensou no Grimgar, the Author of Log Horizon actually even played MMOs.

SAO was started back in 2009, both of those other manga started 2011 and 2013 respectively.

I'm almost certain it's due to them copying the plot of Sword Art Online. (Doesn't make them inherently bad just over done considering SAO's popularity) While the original starting plot of Hai to Gensou no Grimgar is different if it ends up the same as SAO is again a copy of the type of story setting that SAO started before them.

Log Horizon starting plot is almost identical to SAO even to the number of players stuck in the game.

So that could be your answer.

• ZendaiZendai Member UncommonPosts: 115
    edited April 2016
    I don't want to play as Kittytoe, or annoying Assuna. I would prefer to be a different customize-able character in the SAO game that plays the actual fights they couldn't bother showing in the Anime. That series was kind of a let down, especially the second season with the weird incest side story and all. Seriously, Kittytoe is a no good, arrogant ass game hacker who breaks the game and everyone loves him for it. Season 1 was ok, since the guy that made the game was being an asshole and killing people, as well as the fact that he MADE Kittytoe into the no good cheater he is. However, Season 2 had no excuse, and I really started to dislike him as the story progressed, especially with the weird incest element included. Yeah, yeah they aren't blood related, but that really doesn't make it better since they were raised together. Sleeping with your step sister is not ok, especially when you had no idea they were NOT blood related.
  • NightliteNightlite Member UncommonPosts: 227
    There were plenty of MMO themed anime before SAO.. so don't take away from Log Horizon for coming after.

Now someone post an article when an Overlord MMO is announced, I will fanboy the hell out of the thread.
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

tet666 said:

SAO was started back in 2009, both of those other manga started 2011 and 2013 respectively.

I'm almost certain it's due to them copying the plot of Sword Art Online. (Doesn't make them inherently bad just over done considering SAO's popularity) While the original starting plot of Hai to Gensou no Grimgar is different if it ends up the same as SAO is again a copy of the type of story setting that SAO started before them.

Log Horizon starting plot is almost identical to SAO even to the number of players stuck in the game.

You must be on something if you think Log Horizons copied SAO. The only thing they share in common is players trapped in a game.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865

tet666 said:

The first volume of SAO was actually written in 2001 as a competition entry for ASCII Media Works' Dengeki Game Novel Prize but it was submitted because it exceeded the page limit.
  • MysteryBMysteryB Member UncommonPosts: 355
    Omg I tried to watch that video and the b!tch was so annoying I didn't last 10 seconds before turning it off, get a better video without annoying laughing girl.

Mystery Bounty

• MysteryBMysteryB Member UncommonPosts: 355

tet666 said:

SAO is good just because it is not your cup of tea don't bash others for liking it. I love Log Horizon as well but SAO is great too, don't be a hater.

Mystery Bounty

• CoyotecCoyotec Member UncommonPosts: 2

MysteryB said:

tet666 said:

SAO is good just because it is not your cup of tea don't bash others for liking it. I love Log Horizon as well but SAO is great too, don't be a hater.

Well, there is considerable reasons to not totally be on board with SAO, the incest plot line.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited April 2016
    Not that I approve of incest or anything nor do I think it's right even with step siblings. I thought they both knew they were not brother and sister because in the episode he comes back from being locked into the game she thinks about the fact that they are not really brother and sister.

I have only seen SAO I  the  second one I have not watched.

I also love Log Horizom and Btoom.
    Chamber of Chains