Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's good to play right now?

ShadowxlegendShadowxlegend Member UncommonPosts: 5
I've been trying my hardest to look through and decide on what game I might want to spend time on. I've been playing LoL/BlackDesert and have been waiting for Overwatch; Im getting tired of BDO and I'm still happy with lol. I've been looking for possibly a good mmo I can put time into and worth (besides BDO). I mostly want something that has a fairly large player base, enough for cities not to be empty , or for it be tedious or hard to find people to do raids/dungeons/pvp at any given time. So, what do you guys got?

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Well, the 5 best populated western games right now is: Wow, GW2, ESO, TOR and FF XIV. If it is many players you want they are your primary choice.

If you want something Korean then Blade & sould is pretty large at the moment.

I kinda need more information to get anything more exact, what earlier games did you enjoy, and what parts of them? Do you like action combatm tab target or something in between? Quests and what type of quests?

The difficulty also matters, some games have easy dungeons, some hard, some in between and some let you set a diff when you enter them. Open world generally tend to be easy today but there is difference even there.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited April 2016
    Hard to match current themeparks with BDO if you're getting tired of that. It hasn't been out that long and supposedly (I don't play BDO) there are a lot of things to do. From what I read around here, BDO is one of the best games going these days.

However, I play ESO. It's pretty much a themepark, but it's good enough for me. I always see a lot of players on and don't have trouble finding groups if I want them. But it's also extremely solo friendly. There are also the standard games with plenty of population: WoW, SWTOR, FFXIV, GW2.

I don't really know what else to recommend to you if you're tired of BDO. Can you say why?

If you like sandboxes with lots of other players, you could try EVE, though it's not my cup of tea. All the other sandboxy-ish types of games I know of (Darkfall, Mortal Online, ArcheAge) seem to be struggling with population and have problems.

• ShadowxlegendShadowxlegend Member UncommonPosts: 5
    d_20 said:
    Hard to match current themeparks with BDO if you're getting tired of that. It hasn't been out that long and supposedly (I don't play BDO) there are a lot of things to do.

However, I play ESO. It's pretty much a themepark, but it's good enough for me. I always see a lot of players on and don't have trouble finding groups if I want them. But it's also extremely solo friendly.

I don't really know what else to recommend to you if you're tired of BDO. Can you say why?

If you like sandboxes with lots of other players, you could try EVE, though it's not my cup of tea. All the other sandboxy-ish types of games I know of (Darkfall, Mortal Online, ArcheAge) seem to be struggling with population and have problems.
    Hard to say why I dislike it, but I suppose it's mostly due to it just not fitting the style I want. I'm tired of having to play reallife when trying to enjoy a game. I personally enjoyed Archeage ALOT *at least when it first came out* , It had everything to make a sandbox enjoyable, and it still had all the elements of an MMORPG to enjoy. Pretty colors , giant badass monsters , a lot of grouping , unique areas , and just a lot of magical stuff.
  • ShadowxlegendShadowxlegend Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Loke666 said:
    Well, the 5 best populated western games right now is: Wow, GW2, ESO, TOR and FF XIV. If it is many players you want they are your primary choice.

If you want something Korean then Blade & sould is pretty large at the moment.

I kinda need more information to get anything more exact, what earlier games did you enjoy, and what parts of them? Do you like action combatm tab target or something in between? Quests and what type of quests?

The difficulty also matters, some games have easy dungeons, some hard, some in between and some let you set a diff when you enter them. Open world generally tend to be easy today but there is difference even there.
    I've enjoyed many mmo's over the year. I personally enjoyed WoW *before the recent sh** it has turned into* , Archeage , Allods Online *Really enjoyed this game for the little of time I got to play it before everyone left it, and I really wish there was a decent population to go back to the game since it fixed most of it's problem* , Guildwars 2 *Still some what play it atm, they turned their attention and direction for the game into Esport and had to lower their budget and cut out some of the things that really made/would've made the game really good again..... 

I prefer if it was difficult , enough to enjoy my time and feel rewarded for it. 
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited April 2016
    d_20 said:
    Hard to match current themeparks with BDO if you're getting tired of that. It hasn't been out that long and supposedly (I don't play BDO) there are a lot of things to do.

However, I play ESO. It's pretty much a themepark, but it's good enough for me. I always see a lot of players on and don't have trouble finding groups if I want them. But it's also extremely solo friendly.

Hard to say why I dislike it, but I suppose it's mostly due to it just not fitting the style I want. I'm tired of having to play reallife when trying to enjoy a game. I personally enjoyed Archeage ALOT *at least when it first came out* , It had everything to make a sandbox enjoyable, and it still had all the elements of an MMORPG to enjoy. Pretty colors , giant badass monsters , a lot of grouping , unique areas , and just a lot of magical stuff.
    There are some good things about AA. I just played last month but found it would take up too much of my time and money (because I like farming).

If you do want to play AA, the most important thing to research now is the server you want to be on since they have allowed paid transfers. If you want a really populated server (NA I assume) then Kyrios was it last month. It was full of guilds that moved there, but property prices were crazy.

I was on Ollo which used to be very busy. It was a lot calmer (de-populated). This was good for me because I got some nice adjoining lots near the water, which is what I always wanted. I was also in a guild and people on the server in our faction were always grouping to do stuff.

Like I said, I was just looking at a ton of grind or the need to spend a lot of RL money to get geared up to where the vets were for pvp. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I just didn't want to commit to it either in time or money. But you should definitely check it out if you liked it a lot before.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    I've enjoyed many mmo's over the year. I personally enjoyed WoW *before the recent sh** it has turned into* , Archeage , Allods Online *Really enjoyed this game for the little of time I got to play it before everyone left it, and I really wish there was a decent population to go back to the game since it fixed most of it's problem* , Guildwars 2 *Still some what play it atm, they turned their attention and direction for the game into Esport and had to lower their budget and cut out some of the things that really made/would've made the game really good again..... 

I prefer if it was difficult , enough to enjoy my time and feel rewarded for it. 
    I prefer that too but whenever something somewhat challenging hits beta there is loads of whining and they nerf it. Most people who whine leave after 6 weeks or so anyways and the rest of us get set with an easy game. Happened to GW2, the first betaweek had things just right but now the base game is insanely easy even if HoT have some more difficult parts.

Maybe you should give ESO a shot? Personally do I prefer GW2 but that doesn't mean you will think the same, it is at least rather well made. TERA is also acceptable but it is very easy and the quests are rather terrible. Otherwise it is a pretty fun game.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Tree of Savior is about to launch.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    edited May 2016
    Right now I am enjoying Darkfall.. and there are always people in my alliance online ready to play at any given time of the day so its still active and going although the PVP isn't as common as it used to be.

Right now there are 2 Darkfalls.. one is rise of Agon (darkfall 1 rerelease its in alpha)
    the other is unholy wars (darkfall 2 and most active right now)

I play some other games too but honestly they do not have people online ready to play with me all of the time like Darkfall does but you probably have to be in the right clan for these kinds of benefits.

If you are looking to actually play with people.. use vent/teamspeak, etc... darkfall is definitely active.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• larryp11233larryp11233 Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Doom
    Dark Souls
    Dragon Encounter
    :D
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I've been trying my hardest to look through and decide on what game I might want to spend time on. I've been playing LoL/BlackDesert and have been waiting for Overwatch; Im getting tired of BDO and I'm still happy with lol. I've been looking for possibly a good mmo I can put time into and worth (besides BDO). I mostly want something that has a fairly large player base, enough for cities not to be empty , or for it be tedious or hard to find people to do raids/dungeons/pvp at any given time. So, what do you guys got?
    I know this isn't an mmo.  But I recently picked up Dragon's Dogma: Arisen and it's an amazing game that I missed when it was on the PS3.  It's available now on PC/Steam and it's only $30.  I bought it off cdkeys.com for like 18$ the other day.  So I'm sure you can find a decent deal on it.