Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there anything Blizz could do to bring you back?

Comments

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Nothing short of adding vanilla/legacy servers. In the current incarnation, FFXIV is simply better in every single way.

<3

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    There is a lot Blizzard and other developers can do to sell me their games but they are reluctant to put any kind of triple A effort into their games.
    Really sad when they big shots cannot make a game i want to play ,yet these no name devs that came out of nowhere are able to capture me.
    Example the developer of the Witcher series or Dishonored or the series of games made by the Sorcerer King developer.Then i see EA and Blizzard and Square and what used to be SOE and Bioware and i simply don't want to play their games anymore.

I USED to feel like devs were giving their games a solid effort,you know sort of like the best they can do for that era.Now i feel and see corner cutting everywhere,developers have more tools,more technology but are trying to sell us 1990's gaming with the only improvement being graphics "sometimes" and often they won't even go that far.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

lovebug said:
    make the game a bit harder its just to easy no challange at all.
    Well yes obviously linear questing is EASY in every game that does it.However does that not tell us the developer has no confidence in their own work,they are worried if not TOO EASY everyone will quit?

There seems to be a VER Ysimple formula used over and over again.Make a shallow game that is easy handouts then just challenge them with cheap instance gaming.I mean instances are easy to make,easy on bandwidth ,instances offer the best loot so it attracts the players to keep coming back for more.

once you have them coming back then you can sell them cash shop items or subscriptions,it all adds up to $$$$$.
    Why change game design if you have a simple audience and a simple formula to pull it off,i wouldn't change either,it means higher profits,less cost and less effort.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    well when it goes f2p I will definitely play.  but right now no. 
  • ClawzonClawzon Member UncommonPosts: 188
    WoW 2 designed for VR (one should be able to play normally too ofc) would bring me back.

:)

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    A vanilla legacy server.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Sadly, I think I'm at the point now where the thought of giving them any more money under any circumstances leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    Is it Vanilla?
  • baddog66baddog66 Member UncommonPosts: 46
    I am in a wait and see mode. It seemed like Blizzard was treating customers like children so I have returned the favor. If they prove competent in launching Legion I will buy my family the 5 accounts we have used. I never get asked to Beta despite having played since 2007 so the game clearly is not meant for me I guess(hehe feelings hurt = yes). I hope they can deliver a decent product this time in LEGION.

GRIND DOES NOT EQUAL MAKING A GAME CHALLENGING!! YES I AM YELLING LOL

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited April 2016
    1.) Make World OF Warcraft 2
    2.) Make quests show properly on map without add-ons. (Older Quests were never fixed.)
    3.) New Character Models
    4.) New UI

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Get off Azeroth and Draenor and go to a truly alien world with stuff not seen before.  Shake things up and improve the game.  Their fear of losing subs has made them complacent and averse to risk taking.  In the end I don't think they have much passion for WOW anymore.
  • BoudewijnsBoudewijns Member UncommonPosts: 162
    nope, even if they give me a million euros i wouldnt be going back to wow

• BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    If Blizzard did what Jagex did with the older version of RuneScape, I would go back.

Start with vanilla, then make new expansions.  I know everyone liked the raiding and dungeons in TBC, but the damage that flying mounts cause is not worth it.  Make all new additional content, avoid adding all the 'convenience' crap - no flying mounts, no instant teleporting to dungeons, no badge farming, no multi-spec, no simplified talent trees, etc.
  • linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589
    Bring back vanilla game systems (i don't mind LFG/LFR but there is little to no depth to any of the other systems now)

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    edited April 2016
    Hmm. Nope, probably not.

I didn't leave out of anger, but because I was finished. Economic domination, check. Raid the premier bosses, check. PVP'd our brains out, check. Collect and craft and yawn and scratch, check.

More Expansions--Gotta catch em all? No, no thank you. I can recognize when it's time to be done.
  • Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    nope, even if they give me a million euros i wouldnt be going back to wow
    That makes you daft then.
  • rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 371
    Remove Lfg
    Remove guild achievments/ranks unlocks
    dungeons require cc ,time, coordination 
    remove garrisons 
    change professions back to original 
    remove flying mounts ir increase limits on them
    make old raids viable and worth doing with some kind of level scaling 
    revert or change the talent system back to how it was before

if none of those can be changed than the only way I'll play wow again would be to create a vanilla server, I played on Nos for a few months and it was amazing it sparked my joy for wow again , wow is going to die after this next expansion if they carry on changing stuff that isn't broke its the first one since vanilla that I haven't bought and I don't plan on doing so this time either because I know it will suck and disappoint 
  • UbradolUbradol Member UncommonPosts: 45
    If they re-launched the entire game and made it a MMORPG and not hack n slash within closed-groups/communities, maybe.. ;) There's little to 0 player interactions(and 0.000000 over fractions) which makes it dull. Very dull, imho.
    www.Argardh.com F2P, Open-source with low-req/graphic MMORPG launching Open-Beta on 23rd August. Based on Tibia 8.6
    Follow us: www.facebook.com/Argardh Youtube-channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UCNmxHWGpO790r-4wn4AEeSA

• JermzyJermzy Member UncommonPosts: 211
    If they came out and said "If we get a million players to resub in a week, then we will close the doors on WoW", i would do my share and resub.
    Haroo!
  • UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568
    release WoW 2 and start over from scratch

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Bring back the talent trees, remove the skill/spells to set specs and open to all specs. Thats when classes had options and were fun. 
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    1. Take out the Hand Holding.
    2. Take out the Money > Customers concept (est 2006)
    3. Make a Vanilla ONLY server! No Progression, No Expansions.

If I could add up the most fun time I had in WoW, I must sadly say it was in Closed Beta back in 2004.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    Get rid of forcing every single character having to go through the garrison event, let them all share one.

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Let say Blizzard took away something in the game or add something in the game to bring few players back. How many they would lose is the real question. People never see the same light as other.
  • spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    1) Vanilla WoW

2) A dark mmo based on Diablo 1\2 era
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I started playing again this week. There are other games being worked on that I want to play in the future. But I need something for now and this is what I chose. :) 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests