Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Only took a few things to kill this game

Comments

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 553
    I stopped playing for a lot of reason's within my first month:

1) RNG - cant stand it...this is the last asian mmo I will ever play, tired of their format

2) Single Player MMO - from 1-50...unless you are with friends...grouping is non existent you doing every thing solo

3) Questing - My god the amount of shitty quests in BDO is just unreal and none feel needed at all...just typical asian grind questing

4) Crafting - It has some cool aspects...but not being able to craft my own gear, having to get workers to do it, then not even being able to see the fng armor...the thought behind that all around...fng stupid

5) Labor - I hate this about Asian MMO' the most...hated it with AA and hate it with BDO...If I want to logon and craft/gather I should not be limited by a stupid labor system and I should not be forced to do other stupid shit to get labor back up

6) Worker system - Way too much fng work and not enough reward

7) Trading - cant trade to other players, I could care less about gold sellers, I want to craft my own items and sell them to other players 1 to 1...like reality or in every other MMO....I do not want to be forced to buy and sell from a market...this make the game stale and feel like a SP game.

8) So much else, I could go on about gender lock, PVP balance, lack of purpose etc....

But yeah I quit, uninstalled and now await GV, CoE etc...one of these fng games has to be decent right?
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    Salenger said:

But yeah I quit, uninstalled and now await GV, CoE etc...one of these fng games has to be decent right?
    Probably not..
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 8,304
    I never noticed it uses energy to chat....lol wtf. Is this a f2p game or did I buy this to not be restricted so much?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,572
    Tiller said:
    I never noticed it uses energy to chat....lol wtf. Is this a f2p game or did I buy this to not be restricted so much?
    Most people don't have anything worth listening to, so probably best if they are discouraged from sharing their thoughts with the rest of the player base.

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• krgwynnekrgwynne Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Iv got 3 classes between lvl 50 and 53 and the boring slow pve grind with buggy lag and poorly designed skills not all of them but enough of them. Certain half the classes can forget about pvp unless in a blob as they get 1 shot if you are more than 2 lvl lower than the enemy in pvp once over 50 run as you will not scratch them even if you stack accuracy. pvp combat is very sub par for a pvp game. does not seem so till you get to the higher lvls though. this game is still worth the 30 bucks just to have fun for a month or so, but it is not a game for a few year experience. To many important stats seem to be hidden stats. crafting is decent but most server markets are flooded with the good profit items . no true gear choices you either. Is fun to play lvling and following the story to 50 and doing a  bit of fishing and crafting . The us version seems to be encouraging pking as they have alot lower penalties than korean version.
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    edited April 2016
    Tiller said:
    Or if you chat in an inn it doesn't cost anything.
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 8,304
    Kyleran said:
    Tiller said:
    Most people don't have anything worth listening to, so probably best if they are discouraged from sharing their thoughts with the rest of the player base.
    Pretty much true, especially of the guy who put a giant failed ascii dick in server chat and everyone replied in channel chat.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,971
    I stopped playing for 5 minutes to fix a sandwich. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,572
    Recore said:

Filthy casual!  ;)

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• VardahothVardahoth Member RarePosts: 1,472
    Recore said:

KOS! ;)

I Quit.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/436845/page/1 -> http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/436845/what-killed-mmorpgs-for-you/p1

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2316034
    Retired Gamer: all MMORPG's have been destroyed by big business, marketing of false promises, unprofessional game makers, and a generation of "I WIN and GIVE ME NOW" (brought to you by pokeman).

edited April 2016
    Myrdynn said:
    Vardahoth said:
    Blazeyer said:
    People complain about everything.

Your horse gets exp quicker, awesome. Grats on getting places faster.

"BUT BUT YOU CAN SELL THE HORSE!!"... if afk riding makes you more money than afk fishing, you're doing it wrong.

Chill out, seriously.
    I know it's hard to see past leveling a T1 horse in 2 days. I know! It requires math. But luckily someone on the forums did it for you.

As someone already said...
    "quote"
    Horse costume = 20% exp
    Breeding count reset
    Death count reset
    Horse skill change coupon
    Horse sell for tens of millions.

Get t7 male, t7 female breed,reset, change skills until you get sprint, charge, instant accell,sell. 80million silver.

Someone explain how this is not pay to win in the long run?
    "/quote"

its pay for convenience
    I could say the same about a 2 dollar whore. It gets the job done.

Tiller said:
    You can buy energy refills from the cash shop. But don't worry, "it's convenience".

I Quit.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/436845/page/1 -> http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/436845/what-killed-mmorpgs-for-you/p1

Retired Gamer: all MMORPG's have been destroyed by big business, marketing of false promises, unprofessional game makers, and a generation of "I WIN and GIVE ME NOW" (brought to you by pokeman).

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    i don't get it.  the most popular mmo's weren't released feature complete.  why do people expect so much out of the gate?  and why do they bash games right out of the gate?
    edited April 2016
    muffins89 said:
    i don't get it.  the most popular mmo's weren't released feature complete.  why do people expect so much out of the gate?  and why do they bash games right out of the gate?
    It's not that we expect so much (well... some of us), it's there are certain universal rules that makes it easy to break an mmorpg game. If it wasn't for the p2w, and forced perma rng stats on level up, I think the game could have remained a very large attraction for many other players currently on other games.

Why? Yes the game is rather bare and naked atm with not much: but there is enough room for anything to be added. That is where they did do one thing right by not locking things down and eliminating future options. It's just a shame a few stupid decisions ruins the game (mostly due to greed and idiocy).

I Quit.

• JeleenaJeleena Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Vardahoth said:
    *snip*
    You can buy energy refills from the cash shop. But don't worry, "it's convenience".
    What? Since when is that or am I blind *looks through cashshop* ???? 
  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,070
    Jeleena said:
    Vardahoth said:
    *snip*
    Energy Tonic can ONLY be obtained with Loyalty, which is a reward for playing the game, and not with RL cash. So... what were you saying, "vardahoth"? Not sure we get your point here...
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 5,276
    Jeleena said:
    Vardahoth said:
    *snip*
    Energy Tonic can ONLY be obtained with Loyalty, which is a reward for playing the game, and not with RL cash. So... what were you saying, "vardahoth"? Not sure we get your point here...
    That is called making things up as you go along in your fervoured  criticism.

• JeleenaJeleena Member UncommonPosts: 172
    kitarad said:
    Jeleena said:
    Vardahoth said:
    *snip*
    That is called making things up as you go along in your fervoured  criticism.
    And it's a whole gamebreaking 15 energy points I see....LOL
    Get a few alts and you have plenty of energy.....
  • KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 780
    I have been playing since the first day of headstart (before that the beta), and I am still not sick of this game. Then again, I am into Taming/horse breeding because it reminds me of my old Creature Handler days (though I really miss the excitement when you find a (baby) in the wild on SWG and it is rare). Only T1 and T2 horses to catch, and I have tried 3 times now with 4 T6's to get a T7 (using the color codes of course) and failed.

RNG does suck on this game lol. But when I do get the horse I want, I don't know if I will lose interest in this game or not. Been trying to level a Plum and she is decent but still not thrilled on the leveling/pvp process of the game.
  • DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246
    Easily the best MMO since Ultima Online, been waiting forever for a MMO like this.  The best part is the type of players with OP's attitude stay away from it making for an even more enjoyable experience.

Almost lv53 and a day hasn't gone by where I was solo.  Played about 6 hours last night with 42 guild members running guild quest, a top 5 guild decided to go to war with us and we spent an hour fighting them off and they gave up, good times. <3

Tamer outfit is not gonna help you survive in PvP at all.

The difference in the hp/mp RNG is a joke, if you are losing in PvP it isn't because of that, sorry but go get better or quit.

<3<3<3<3
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    Vardahoth said:
    LOL.  wow.  This is starting to get embarrassing.  

Here's a few tips for people that might want to use energy in the future and stack it up.

First it can be bought on the marketplace.  i.e.- in game store.

Second there's a loyalty option (mentioned in this thread.)

Third and most fun, you can trade your own energy in at Veila for potions to be used later.  This means if you have alts just sitting around not doing anything, run them over there and see Allister (sp?) potion guy.  He'll covert your energy into a potion that can be used by your other characters or sold on the market place.  Remember that energy is shared among other characters.  Even if you have brand new baby character, you can let it regain energy and run him/her over there and trade it in for pots.  Send the energy pots to the storage of choice for other alts to use.

Also as you get alts and progress in the game, energy really stops becoming a big factor.  I only run into after processing/crafting a lot.  Most times I split the duties of such things between multiple characters for big jobs.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 27,479
    Salenger said:

2) Single Player MMO - from 1-50...unless you are with friends...grouping is non existent you doing every thing solo

3) Questing - My god the amount of shitty quests in BDO is just unreal and none feel needed at all...just typical asian grind questing

Your only two points that I'd like to address are above.

questign has for the most part always been a piece of crap (vulgar I know but I really hate "questing". Even the word give me shudders) in mmo's.

The only games that have even done it passably well are Star Wars the Old Republic and Elder Scrolls online.

Maybe early Lord of the Rings online because the writing was decent.

Black Desert Online really is more of a grind game like the earlier Korean games.

As far as this being a single player game, this is on you. completely on you.

I've grouped more in this game than I have in years.

If you aren't puttign together a group to grind catfish or Sausans or the Monastery or any number of places along the leveling curve where the mobs will be red and dangerous, that's on you.

Not to mention scroll groups once you hit 45+.

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Recore said:
    I logged on yesterday after work for the 1st time in a month because I was waiting on Blader. Every channel was crowded and the game was just as alive as it was before.
    That's just the same 50 people who never shut the hell up in chat.
    Recore said:
    Black Desert is a success just like we said it would be.
    Not a truer phrase has been uttered by players in every dead or canceled game released in the past 10 years.

Recore said:
    I logged on yesterday after work for the 1st time in a month because I was waiting on Blader. Every channel was crowded and the game was just as alive as it was before.
    Recore said:
    Not a truer phrase has been uttered by players in every dead or canceled game released in the past 10 years.

Those 50 people that wont shut up are a important part of the game. We need more people like them that wont shut up.

I do not know anything about dead or canceled games because I have never been apart of one. 

I only play real mmos and real mmos do not die.  B)
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Recore said:
    Recore said:
    Recore said:

Those 50 people that wont shut up are a important part of the game. We need more people like them that wont shut up.

I do not know anything about dead or canceled games because I have never been apart of one. 

So BDO is your first MMO then. Gotcha.

Recore said:
    Recore said:
    Recore said:

So BDO is your first MMO then. Gotcha.

Black Desert is the best mmo on the market.  =)