Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online - World War Bee

ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
http://crossingzebras.com/how-to-watch-the-war/

For those who want to understand the technical concepts of sovereignty mechanics in the new World War Bee, the war that involves a big part of the EVE Online player population.

For those that enjoy to watch and - perhaps - tell .... here are some tips where the next action is about to take place

https://timerboard.net/WorldWarBee

Have fun 

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Cracks are already starting to form in the coaltion

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    Kyleran said:
    Naturally.

This whole thing will mature into a free for all throughout 2016, as the backstabbing has already started on both sides.

And the new sov mechanics will ensure that possession of large areas will no longer be possible ... and might even force a lot of empires to relocate their power bases permanently into low sec (into unconquerable NPC stations).

Have fun
    edited April 2016
    On Fozzy Sov duty listening to EVE fan music .... its addicting ...

Have fun

• IXJacIXJac Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Kyleran said:
    What cracks would those be?
  • Musket-SquidMusket-Squid Member UncommonPosts: 386
    Seems all the goons have to do is hold out till the the alliance start to crumble. If goons wait till this then they can/will just push back into the areas they lost. The backers alliance can't last for ever. Sooner or later some of those mercs will start wanting a larger slice of pie.

How many delicate flowers have you met in Counterstrike?

I got a case of beer and a chainsaw waiting for me at home after work.

Bruise187 said:
    Seems all the goons have to do is hold out till the the alliance start to crumble. If goons wait till this then they can/will just push back into the areas they lost. The backers alliance can't last for ever. Sooner or later some of those mercs will start wanting a larger slice of pie.
    Many of those mercs do not want ANY slice of the pie.

They opted out of the sovereignty game and use unconquerable NPC stations in low-sec.

They only want WAR and pew-pew.

Have fun 
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Erillion said:
    Bruise187 said:

They opted out of the sovereignty game and use unconquerable NPC stations in low-sec.

Have fun 
    A lot of us don't even belong to a corporation.  All of the news articles seem to forget that there's an NPSI (Not Purple, Shoot It) element that is also participating in pushing the little bees out of sov territory.  

Although, to be honest, we'll shoot just about anything that moves if we can't get any bees to strap on their helmets and grease their cheeks.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Erillion said:
    Bruise187 said:

Have fun 
    There's also NPC stations in null sec as well, and many corporations have long since called them home.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Kyleran said:
    Erillion said:
    Bruise187 said:

Have fun 
    There's also NPC stations in null sec as well, and many corporations have long since called them home.
    This is true.  I spent the early part of my EVE life living in FDZ out in Geminate shooting SmashKill, ATLAS and Fang.  

I lived in NPC Syndicate for a good five years of my EVE career.  Then they put Ben freakin Booley in charge of the alliance.  Nah thanks.
  • ImpsyImpsy Member UncommonPosts: 53
    If only the game wasn't terrible.
  • CyraelCyrael Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Impsy said:
    If only the game wasn't terrible.
    We're in luck then, since some of us quite in enjoy it.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4kl4c1/sovless_aggression_becomes_a_reality_as_goons/

Last Goons station lost.

Seems like World War Bee is over after half a year of fighting.

And no one seems interested in fighting for 0.0 space anymore as long as the current sovereignty rules are in effect.

Have fun
    To add insult to injury, after taking away the last sovereignty from the Imperium, the Coalition forces have placed one of the new citadels in Sarannen, the last (non-conquerable low sec) hidey-hole system of the Imperium. Here is the in game "The Scope" news channel report about it:

https://www.facebook.com/eveonline/videos/10154238569359394/

The citadel has been named "The Spinmaster"  ;-)  as TheMIttani found out that sometimes words are not enough when being attacked by the rest of EVE Online for hubris ....

Have fun