Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there anything Blizz could do to bring you back?

Comments

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    F2P
  • UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568
    Start the game over from scratch and do it right.
    WoW 2.
  • CavemanBECavemanBE Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Nope :p
  • Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    If Blizzard closed down WoW, promised never to make genre destroying crap games ever again and then shot their CEO in the face, I may come back.
  • Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    Well, ultimately it comes down to how long someone has actually played WoW and what era they enjoyed the most.  For people who have played the game since vanilla and put in 300 + days of game time there may be nothing that will bring them back to WoW.  There's only so long someone can do the same thing and actually enjoy it, after all.  Others might have been fans of WoW during Burning Crusade and liked the pacing better back then, so Legion and the more recent stuff may not appeal that well to them. 

I've played WoW for over 400 days worth of game time and I really don't know if I would come back or not.  I'm sure I'd enjoy romping around with a new character if I could transport all my wealth more easily between sides.   My old guild is still around according to the wow website earning new gear, though I got no clue what else is going down these days.   That's the thing though: If I were to come back now I don't even know if I'd want to be in the same guild as I was originally.  3 years since I last played is a long time.
  • MultibyteMultibyte Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Make it great again...
  • prizm1234prizm1234 Member UncommonPosts: 109
    no.

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    edited April 2016
    Legacy servers, I loved Vanilla WoW and the first three expansions and I loved those super fun Crossroads pvp moments along with the pvp battles in Tarren Mill.

*drops a tear*

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Remove the sub - game isn't worth a sub now with how infrequent content updates are.

Put back in all the stuff they pruned out of it.

Oh who am I kidding? They'd have to revert the game back to WotLK for me to come back.
    I think the issue with the lack of content updates comes down to the fact they are moving resources to games like Overwatch and whatever MOBA titles they are brewing up to take WoW's place.   Activision doesn't appear to want to keep supporting wow and are mostly keeping it on life support because it gives them a steady (if declining) source of income.  
  • GrummusGrummus Member UncommonPosts: 151
    Crucify Kotick.
  • tet666tet666 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    a next gen version of vanilla to wotlk would be nice.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    tet666 said:
    a next gen version of vanilla to wotlk would be nice.
    rotflmao

Like there is a market for old games like that outside small nich games. You will take your clash of clans and you will like it. 

The era of crazy big MMO´s are done for now. 

This have been a good conversation

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Vanilla + TBC merged, with TBC scaled down to level 60. Add an alternate "xp-path" after level 60 to get the last 10 skillpoints that you can unlock by doing TBC content. Remove flying tho. All raid gear would be "equal" in power, thus relevant.
  • Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    edited April 2016
    Drop the sub and i would consider it because the sub you pay gives sh1t all value for money when there's no new content. 

Other games give you free content without a sub. WoW takes your sub money and gives you nothing then you have to pay full price for the expac. And there's a cash shop too!!!!!

Seriously people keep lining Blizzard pockets and they will keep giving you nothing.
    edited April 2016
    Well, regardless right now Activision decided that they wanted to target a younger demographic with World of Warcraft by transforming it into a rapid leveling experience and throwing in systems that appeal to those younger generations supposedly, without realizing that those younger generations don't have a lot of interest in MMORPGs period.  So instead, they made a rapid leveling experience and added partially automated game systems in and alienated the original core audience near completely.  The result has been FFXIV ARR and other MMOs soaking up the fallout from the game while Blizzard is trying it's best to practically ignore everybody and not take some ideas back to the drawing board.  It's developer publisher comedy at it's finest.

Edit: I did resub to play it, but given it plays now like half minute hero (or 24 hour hero in this case), it's sort of a quickie thing more than an enduring one.  Already cancelled it and don't plan on resubbing again.
  • Papapeta33Papapeta33 Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Yes.  Launch a Vanilla TLP server and I'd be back in a heartbeat.  
  • JermzyJermzy Member UncommonPosts: 211
    A third realm.
    Haroo!
  • Kayo83Kayo83 Member UncommonPosts: 399
    edited April 2016
    Sure there is something Blizz can do to get me back. They wont do it. Ever. However, if they get rid of 90% of the cash shop items, the sub tokens, loot piñata reward system, and redesign talents, combat and difficulty back to vanilla/TBC (at minimum) ... sure ill buy Legion and resub. That includes LFG tool instant port, and faceroll 15 minute dungeons. Tanks being able to pick up entire rooms and mowing them down in 5 second AoE spam is not fun.

..... again, almost as likely as them releasing a Vanilla server. I was hoping the demand for a vanilla server wouldve inspired the devs to get their heads out of their own ass but even if they wanted to at this point there is no way itll be ready by August 30th.
  • IwayloIwaylo Member UncommonPosts: 174
    delete the last 3-4 expansions
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    I think the question is how can they KEEP you back. That answer for me is fixing professions. I'd love to see talents rolled back, too. However, do they need to do any of that to sell me a box? NOPE!! Cuz I'm an idiot! 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• st3v3b0st3v3b0 Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Nope
  • ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446
    Kayo83 said:
    Sure there is something Blizz can do to get me back. They wont do it. Ever. However, if they get rid of 90% of the cash shop items, the sub tokens, loot piñata reward system, and redesign talents, combat and difficulty back to vanilla/TBC (at minimum) ... sure ill buy Legion and resub. That includes LFG tool instant port, and faceroll 15 minute dungeons. Tanks being able to pick up entire rooms and mowing them down in 5 second AoE spam is not fun.

..... again, almost as likely as them releasing a Vanilla server. I was hoping the demand for a vanilla server wouldve inspired the devs to get their heads out of their own ass but even if they wanted to at this point there is no way itll be ready by August 30th.
    I agree with the way you want to play Kayo83 and I agree they cant do it because there are players who like WoW the way it is and they should have that.

So I would start by releasing legacy servers.  I think they can have those in place by Aug 30th. I would re-buy legion then. Then a couple of years down the road have two WoWs. Keep the WoW the way it is for those who like a more casual WoW. For those of us that want a more challenging and social MMO make a WoW alternate universe with old school gameplay mechanics. Judging by the amount of people who are asking for this I think there is a profitable market for it.
    Zarriya said:
    Kayo83 said:

I agree with the way you want to play Kayo83 and I agree they cant do it because there are players who like WoW the way it is and they should have that.

So I would start by releasing legacy servers.  I think they can have those in place by Aug 30th. I would re-buy legion then. Then a couple of years down the road have two WoWs. Keep the WoW the way it is for those who like a more casual WoW. For those of us that want a more challenging and social MMO make a WoW alternate universe with old school gameplay mechanics. Judging by the amount of people who are asking for this I think there is a profitable market for it.
    If they do make legacy servers I'd want to see them running with the quality of life improvements that were made to the game over the decades.  I'm talking about dungeon journals, personal loot that matches the class we are running on when we do raids and dungeons, node highlighting, in game calendar for events, quest tracking, improved textures and DX11 support, etc.

The parts that need to get brought back with vanilla are the leveling curve, no heirlooms, and the old world.
  • lovebuglovebug Member UncommonPosts: 260
    make the game a bit harder its just to easy no challange at all.