Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you can not wait unitil end of May > Paladins

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
I am so eager to play Overwatch that I started playing Paladins beta. And I love it.

Its very very similar to Overwatch , even some heroes are fairly similar. Paladins also brings very excellent layer of complexity with its card deck system.  Its almost like Heartstone meets Overwatch :)

I do not doubt the game will also be very popular.

Who knows maybe some people even decide to stick with it after Overwatch releases ?

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    "It's almost like Hearthstone meets Overwatch"

An excellent one sentence summary that let's me know this title is one I would not be interested in, thanks.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    I enjoyed paladins for a little while, but once you have all of the cards, with what few heroes they have, it got a bit stale for me. Definitely looking forward to checking it out a year from now. I'm sure they'll have a lot more content.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Dirty Bomb brings a deck loadout system in as well, but I'm not sure how it compares to the other games.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    d_20 said:
    Dirty Bomb brings a deck loadout system in as well, but I'm not sure how it compares to the other games.
    Dirty bomb is very good as well IMHO.

However they are stuck in neverending beta, and not really moving forward or dare to change anything.

The loadout system is very limited. You can basically have one card with loadout.
    However there is always one card that is simply best for your character. Once you get it , you dont need to bother with it anymore. (except for cosmetics)

The game itself is action type of military shooter with class roles and missions. So no fantasy stuff or crazy powers and ultimate's etc.

But very very fast adrenaline packed gameplay :)

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    I checked out a video of Paladins and it looks fun. I read that Barik is the new OP class. How is balance? Can you just join a match as a casual player and have fun or will you get steamrolled by pre-mades? Does the matchmaker fix you up with different people all the time?

And is the beta 24-7 now? It looks like fun for the price, but I'm not sure how much you will end up spending once you start playing. What's the business model like?

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Completely agree.  Paladins feels very weak compared to Overwatch.  Even Gigantic is a much better game then Paladins.  Hoping to check out Battleborn soon!
    TheHavok said:
    Completely agree.  Paladins feels very weak compared to Overwatch.  Even Gigantic is a much better game then Paladins.  Hoping to check out Battleborn soon!
    I dont know what you are talking about. Overwatch is probably better game ( although i didnt get to try it ) , it does have Blizzard busy busybodies behind it. But it does not make Paladins bad. In fact its good enough that I guarantee there will be people preferring to play it - for superior customization depth if nothing else

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    DMKano said:
    Overwatch
    Paladins
    Battleborn
    Lawbreakers
    Paragon
    Giganitc

Same core games each one with a different twist
    Has there even been information on Lawbreakers? Seems like they've been closed-lipped about it so far.
    d_20 said:
    I checked out a video of Paladins and it looks fun. I read that Barik is the new OP class. How is balance? Can you just join a match as a casual player and have fun or will you get steamrolled by pre-mades? Does the matchmaker fix you up with different people all the time?

And is the beta 24-7 now? It looks like fun for the price, but I'm not sure how much you will end up spending once you start playing. What's the business model like?

Casual can have fun, you get premade decks that are good enough to play out of the box. Matchmaking is mystery to me ... since i seem to end up in losing team almost all the time ?!

The business model will most likely sell cards like Hartstone

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    TheHavok said:
    I dont know what you are talking about. Overwatch is probably better game ( although i didnt get to try it ) , it does have Blizzard busy busybodies behind it. But it does not make Paladins bad. In fact its good enough that I guarantee there will be people preferring to play it - for superior customization depth if nothing else
    I don't know man, I checked out Paladins because quite a few people here said it was good but it seems pretty amateurish to me. Hard to believe the same team created Smite. Its definitely not in the same league as Battleborn, and I haven't played Overwatch but I can't imagine Blizzard would release something of that level.

Not saying its bad per se, its kind of fun for what it is, but it has a long way to go to be considered in the same breath as some of the other games people are comparing it to.
  • DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384
    I agree Overwatch is better but, Paladins is a lot of fun in it s own right. I play both , hell I ll play Battleborn as well.
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    Deltois said:
    I agree Overwatch is better but, Paladins is a lot of fun in it s own right. I play both , hell I ll play Battleborn as well.
    You are planning to play multiple games that are somewhat similar in gameplay? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?! HEATHEN!