Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Dark Brotherhood to Take Center Stage in Next DLCESO Elder Scrolls Online News - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Dark Brotherhood to Take Center Stage in Next DLCESO Elder Scrolls Online News - MMORPG.com

Zenimax has released the first information about the next DLC coming to Elder Scrolls Online. While no release date has been announced, we do know that the Dark Brotherhood will be taking center stage in the DLC along with a host of new content focused on the Gold Coast and a new Dark Brotherhood-specific passive skill line, unique costumes, motifs and item sets also inspired by those with a talent for homicide.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    good stuff!
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    YES YES YES.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    It's good to see that they are able to maintain a consistent dlc schedule.  

I self identify as a monkey.

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628
    Looking forward to Craft Bags for ESO Members, this the same as "infinite bag space"? :-)
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    It's really impressive how much they putting into a single DLC. This might be the best DLC so far, and that's saying a lot.
  • danisheraserdanisheraser Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Looks good but damn am I tired of crime-specific updates. Bring us something new
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    We know...

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    edited April 2016
    now that the hype posts are done-that said.

it took them about a year for wrogthar DLC to get made- and by far its been the best zone story driven dlc yet.

iam hoping they have another like that coming soon- and perhaps a new undiscovered pvp zone? as well...
  • MikePtMikePt Member UncommonPosts: 47
    edited April 2016
    At last I'll be back to ESO !!!!!!!!!!! " The removal of Veteran Ranks I " So far this is one of best news in 2016 about mmorpgs along side (With CoE kick starter announcement on 3rd may ) )))
  • etharnetharn Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Whats replacing vet ranks then?

A man who fears nothing is a man who loves nothing; and if you love nothing, what joy is there in your life?

• merv808merv808 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    It'd be cool to see the morag tong return. Maybe continuing their rivalry with the dark brotherhood
  • titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    What will VRanks be replaced with?
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    FINALLY they removing Veteran Ranks.

But indeed, what system are they replacing it with?
    With the Champion System. Basically lvl 50 will be the new max level. It's a very friendly design for the alts, as we know that Champion Points get shared across all characters.

Othervise expect gear to be gated behind Champion Points from now on. The hardest content will be probably balanced around the highest CP cap. Think of it more of a horizontal progression, than vertical that most MMOs use.

As for the Veteran Zones they are here to stay. However they'll probably scale in the same way as all the DLCs.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Champion points are 100% vertical progression.. that's the whole reason for removing VRanks.. because a rank 16 with 1 CP was vastly outmatched by the same rank with 160cp. There was no way to tell the difference in power.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

JeroKane said:

FINALLY they removing Veteran Ranks.

But indeed, what system are they replacing it with?

As others have said the Champion System was/is the replacement for VRs and rhe aim was full removal with the console launch. What we were told however was that itemization changes needed for full implementation was a bigger job than anticipated - and naturally the console launch took priority.

Presumably removal will be one of the game wide changes and will happen whether people get the DLC or not.
    Looks as though it will be a stand alone DLC and any TG features needed for DB will form a part of the DB DLC (I suspect people getting DB will also get / have gotten TG but you never know.)

And will they regret introducing a vote-to-kick system though? The feature has gotten a lot of stick in WoW.

Looks good though. TESO is "growing up".

mgilbrtsn said:

It's good to see that they are able to maintain a consistent dlc schedule.  

Paid DLC is a wonderful incentive for the publisher. Think how much new content WoW might get if they had no subscription!
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Lol i find it really funny that people are excited for these dlc's that are already in the single player games. I guess if you never played Morrowind and beyond you would be excited for this. In an ES mmo i would want something new.
  • Talon_DeathravenTalon_Deathraven Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Looks good but still i not play until housing .I want something different and fresh. Im full of questing even if the story is decent.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Hariken said:

Lol i find it really funny that people are excited for these dlc's that are already in the single player games. I guess if you never played Morrowind and beyond you would be excited for this. In an ES mmo i would want something new.

You know it's all new story, locations and overall content, right? Plus the guilds give you a new skill line which further increases the already ridiculously large amount of character build possibilities.. the DLC has new loot, skins, mobs, dungeons also.

Comparing ESO to the single player games is a naive thing to do anyway. They aren't the same.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
    josko9 said:
    It's really impressive how much they putting into a single DLC. This might be the best DLC so far, and that's saying a lot.
    But there doesn't seem to be any new endgame content.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

XAleX360 said:

josko9 said:

But there doesn't seem to be any new endgame content.

The majority of MMO players are solo players who never touch either dungeons or raids, so it's not like it matters. ZOS is only releasing what sells the most, I can't blame them for that. Either way I'm sure they'll soon release some new dungeons, perhaps with the next DLC.
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    One of games I will unfortunately never bother to even try because of silly decision to enforce WASD keys which predate 2d games and pre Windows era. I just can't believe I was torturing myself with some games once before discovered some MMO have mouse - most natural way for movement - used to move around.
    Hariken said:
    True. Neither did Skyrim though.

And TESO does have features that that Morrowind doesn't have.

And remember this could be some peoples first ES experience. So if you were excited about such features many years ago its no surprise that people might get excited about them today. And if they are not new to ES games then consider it like meeting an old friend you haven't seen for several years. A warm fuzzy feeling say.