Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the best Mmorpg for an old PC?

2»

Comments

• darkmandarkman Member UncommonPosts: 767

Definitely would have to say Ultima Online. You can choose to go on the official servers, or on free shards. Your choice, just follow the instructions like people above said.

• maxlancemaxlance Member UncommonPosts: 35

Greetings!

I have a R-60 Thinkpad with 1.5 gig RAM and it ran Neverwinter a little sluggishly though often complex ground surfaces like brick and stonework roads lagged and dragged like hot taffy, still it was playable until I added another 1.5 RAM to top off the machine's capacity and ironically now I can't even reach Neverwinter's splash screen :(   Instead I'm now running Aion on it which is surprisingly perky and very playable. I hoped the Linux Mint partition running CrossOver might permit Neverwinter but no dice, even for Royal Quest. But this is a very useful category for the unemployed or wallet-strapped gamer with hand-me-down and heirloom machines and maybe it'd be helpful if there were rows and columns listing basic RAM and video demands per game along with basic PC model mentioned.  

Keep up the great work MMORPG!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Holy Necro Batman! lol
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,814
    I have a Kaypro with 64K ram and green screen monochrome graphics. It runs CP/M. What MMORPG's can I play on it?

/snark

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    olepi said:
    I have a Kaypro with 64K ram and green screen monochrome graphics. It runs CP/M. What MMORPG's can I play on it?

/snark
    Zork I? You do have to stretch the definition of MMORPG a bit, but it is not like websites are sticking to its original meaning anymore. 
  • kadajvolajukadajvolaju Member UncommonPosts: 4
    postlarval
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Ashen Empire, Dransik, Maple Story, Runescape, Nexus, Ryzom

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Any game with necromancers in it.

A thread from The Pub in 2005 that you've never posted in prior. That's a high effort necro. Impressive
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    olepi said:

/snark
    Zork I? You do have to stretch the definition of MMORPG a bit, but it is not like websites are sticking to its original meaning anymore. 
    This isnt helpful to the op , and why drag your ridiculous, repetitive, tired agenda into this thread... Are you really that bored ...

UO is a good suggestion , Runescape or Eldevin also ....
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited April 2016
    Asheron's Call and Guild Wars 1
    nice ............also both good suggestions

Also RPG MO

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Tbh, you need an upgrade.  Don't know your financial situation, but if you can, put some coin together and update a bit.  You can get an ok computer for pretty cheap these days.

I self identify as a monkey.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    On an eleven year old thread, really.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Didnt read the whole thread did anyone suggest Runescape? It no longer runs on Java and is played in a browser with a small download
  • maxlancemaxlance Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Very good sincere suggestions, not like from clowns on other less sophisticated MMO sites! I'll be sure to try them and also drop these mentions on other boards to help assuage the poor-man gamer these days! Thanks all and good choices and if possible keep the list rolling!
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    original everquest!

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• IronicIronic Member UncommonPosts: 13
    olepi said:

/snark
    One of my first computers in the 80s was a Kaypro. Thought I was the only one that remembered them!