Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Only took a few things to kill this game

VardahothVardahoth Member RarePosts: 1,472
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/74624-20-horse-exp-on-the-new-costume/&page=7
Game is now confirmed pay to win

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/43010-hp-per-level-seems-to-be-random/
perma forced rng on your character stats upon level up, dumbest design I have ever heard for an open world mmorpg competitive pvp game.
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/73595-voting-forced-perma-rng-in-stat-increase-upon-level/&page=2

Game has only been out for a few months. That didn't take long.

Next!

I Quit.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/436845/page/1 -> http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/436845/what-killed-mmorpgs-for-you/p1

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2316034
Retired Gamer: all MMORPG's have been destroyed by big business, marketing of false promises, unprofessional game makers, and a generation of "I WIN and GIVE ME NOW" (brought to you by pokeman).

Comments

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,294
    the lack of variety in the appearance of the equipment did it for me. It's a pity the game has so much potential is fun.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    From your experience in game can you tell me the difference between good stat and poor stat rng increases ...What type of % difference are we looking at ?
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,783
    What happened? I thought this game was the best game ever because you could fish and craft and not even bother doing anything in the game? So what are you saying? AFK fishing isn't fun a month later? Sending workers to gather mats for your isn't holding your interest? Come on, that's masterpiece quality right there. You can even breed horses! Like, how is that not the best thing ever month after month? You can't possibly be tired of it, no way.

Game can't be p2w because there's nothing to win. What are you going to win? A grinding spot? More horses? AFK fishing spot? Best game ever is best game ever. Confirmed.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,516
    Someone better tell all those currently playing its game over for them. :p

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,768
    When you are a hammer everything looks like a nail.  You can always find fault if you are looking for it.  RNG thing is great you just aren't up for the challenge.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    Oh noes!  Someone doesn't like the game!  
  • yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 224
    RNG thing is the least of the problems. Any 'loss' or 'gain' you make is offset by changes in the hidden stats.

Might screw up the min-max'ers, but there are far bigger things undermining this game.
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    RNG thing is the least of the problems. Any 'loss' or 'gain' you make is offset by changes in the hidden stats.

Might screw up the min-max'ers, but there are far bigger things undermining this game.
    Yep.  Like a misguided player base of PVP tryhards that think the game is the next MOBA.  They're going to continue to be disappointed.  Daum may want an ESport, but Pearl Abyss continues to make an RPG.  That's where the confusion lies.
  • Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    edited July 2016
    RNG means no two characters are the same.  Guess what, no two people are the same either.  More realistic.
    Post edited by Kane72 on
  • Dragonsfire9Dragonsfire9 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Still having fun.  :)  Sorry you don't but just give it up with the hyperbole.  At this point you are trolling yourself.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,756
    edited April 2016
    The horse thing isn't "the worst" thing in the world, but more and more "it's not so bad" items and eventually you actually do have "the worst thing in the world".

The RNG stat thing is the same thing.  "Not horrible" and "doesn't make too much of a difference".  Add up all these little things and you have a game that is poking and prodding you ever so gently from every direction to use the cash shop.

Annoying.

Game is certainly not going to die because of this, or the next thing.  Eventually though it will die of a thousand cuts.
  • DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384
    I don t have enough time to make my list, so I ll just agree and move on.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,303
    A nother opinion which should be moved to the 'BDO opinion thread'

Concentrate on enjoying yourself, and not on why I shouldn't enjoy myself.

• Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,066
    The random stat thing will even out over 50+ levels to the average value of the random function's minimum and maximum value. The end difference will be minimal.
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791
    The only reason I'm not playing BDO lately is because there's only so many hours in a day. Guild Wars 2 released an amazing patch 2 days ago and It's been a blast. 

However, I have a scheduled "raid" in BDO tonight :) fun fun fun, although I think I'll be missing this and instead make a blader *_* 
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,606
    Actually, the way the game is going ( management / customer service ) in regards to lost cash shop items, rewards not being handed out properly for pre-orders and events, certain aspects of the game being handled client side making it a cheaters wet dream, recent cash shop items being added that lean more towards P2W and of course RNG stats. It's more than just a few things and it all adds up to what continues to be one disaster after another. Hidden changes to the game not mentioned in patch notes and poor communication are also horrible signs of game management. XLGames and Trion did the exact same shit and this game is looking to be following the exact same mistakes. For those wishing to stick it out, I wish you the best of luck, but I've already been through one train wreck called ArcheAge and I'm not doing that again.

• maple2maple2 Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Vardahoth said:
    http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/74624-20-horse-exp-on-the-new-costume/&page=7
    Game is now confirmed pay to win

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/43010-hp-per-level-seems-to-be-random/
    perma forced rng on your character stats upon level up, dumbest design I have ever heard for an open world mmorpg competitive pvp game.
    http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/73595-voting-forced-perma-rng-in-stat-increase-upon-level/&page=2

Game has only been out for a few months. That didn't take long.

Next!
    sorry but i have to laugh at you..

exp for horse isnt P2W lol.. how dumb can u be? u dont gain anything by leveling a horse..

so what if the stats are RNG? just be a better player since 100 hp doesnt make any difference.

the game isnt even close to dead its still full in the weekdays and weekends.

the game is awesome and has alot of things you can do and even more coming soon.

new classes already.

so just get your really annoying and stupid mentallity out of here
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
     We knew the horse costume would be in the game, it doesn't stop you from being able to achieve the same horse level as anyone else, it just takes a bit longer. This is not pay to win. Pay to win would be if the game would not let me achieve a certain level unless I buy an item, which it doesn't do. If you have access to the same end result without paying money, you're just crying over spilt milk 
  • gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Don't go overboard about those nitpicky things OP. It makes you look ridiculously biased.

Hodor!

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,673
    So strange to pick like the most minor things as key issues.

The game has much bigger problems  - like server performance, skill cooldown exploits, economy exploits etc...

20% horse XP costume and stat RNG.... please

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,231
    It only took people waking up ;)
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,606
    DMKano said:
    So strange to pick like the most minor things as key issues.

The game has much bigger problems  - like server performance, skill cooldown exploits, economy exploits etc...

20% horse XP costume and stat RNG.... please

Don't forget the macro bots who insta buy stuff off the marketplace.

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    DKLond said:
    It only took people waking up ;)
    If only the same could be said for a certain game someone white knights for......

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,079
    Realizer said:
     We knew the horse costume would be in the game, it doesn't stop you from being able to achieve the same horse level as anyone else, it just takes a bit longer. 
    This is not pay to win. Pay to win would be if the game would not let me achieve a certain level unless I buy an item, which it doesn't do. If you have access to the same end result without paying money, you're just crying over spilt milk
    Takes 10% longer, and if you take some time in the game you can easily even that 10% difference one way or the other. And yeah, it's totally not P2W. Only thing you 'win' is that you have a slightly faster chance to breed ans get that T7 horse...

AsRock 990FX Extreme3
    AMD FX-8350 ~4.0Ghz
    32Gb DDR3 1600Mhz (GEiL/Corsair)
    MSI GTX970 GAMING 4Gb + 3x HD monitor 1920x1080

• RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
    OP shot..... 

And missed. Again.