Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We need a World of Warcraft 2

1235»

Comments

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    DKLond said:

But that's what we need.
    who are "we"? What the market "need" is fun, convenient, short-term games.
    We are the gamers and the consumers of entertainment.
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    JeroKane said:
    Not going to happen.

WoW was developed during a unique time and they spend over 7 years (I believe) making it.

Like someone else said, the Vanilla WoW game was so huge on release, making a WoW 2 of similar size (which would be needed, if you even want any player retention and meet player expectations) would be way too expensive today!

ActiVision is never going to authorize that kind of budget for an MMORPG in today's fickle climate.

As pretty much every single MMO in the last decade has failed to meet investor expectations.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see a WoW 2, but it's just not going to happen.

Especially after the whole Titan fiasco.
    That was my first thought as well.  If Activision won't pay to support an MMO with 8 million subscribers what are the chances you'll be able to squeeze a dime out of their clinched fist to make an new AAA MMO. 

Then again Blizzard did make the most successful MMO of all time so in theory if anyone could get funding for a new MMO you think they would...

I look at destiny and see Activision knows how to hype the hell out something to generate sales so it may be possible if they think they can turn the hype meter to 11 and sell millions of boxes on day one... but given how cheep they are my gut reaction is that only disappointment awaits there.
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    You may need WoW2, Blizzard doesnt.
  • MikePtMikePt Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Phixion13 said:
    WoW just needs to die so something new takes its place.
    How foolish you think those 5 million player will suddenly like you game choice...WOW has nothing  to do with market ....wow does what gamers want and other companies just copy their model in hope of cash success.
    If you want to change mmorpg  gamers must  support new ground breaking mmo like Chronicle of Elyria .
    But gamers still fall for cheap all treadmill mmos .
    WHy would companies waste 100 millions when they can waste 1 to 10 for a wow copy paste or a Asian mmorpgand make 10 times more income....

If Chronicle of Elyria will succeed this will show than their concept is profitable and more companies will try to follow their success and their their pice of cake .

Wow hates are so ridiculous

• IwayloIwaylo Member UncommonPosts: 174
    You think you do, but you dont.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    Activision-Blizz is busy creating other genre games , they have a MMORPG , ARPG , Cards , MOBA , Strat game and soon a FPS..... what come next? who knows...but im sure acti-blizz wont waste millions in creating a new mmorpg when a FPS or simple card game can bring $$$ with little to no investment.
  • Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    Selo said:

As much as i would like World of Starcraft, its quite hard to make classes for it.

"Ill play a zergling!" "ill play a battlecruiser" XD

But the fact is, the most succesful games since WoW has been the games that are quite similiar to EQ/DaoC/WoW even though everyone wants (or think) they want things to be different. I actually think the majority wants the mechanics to be closer to older games, but the content more friendly. Imo the more quests, the better. (no dailys, ill travel back in time and shoot the person that adds dailys)

Rift, Lotro, Warhammer, Swtor are all using the old formula and survived the longest out of the newer games. The only one beeing different is GW2, which i didnt like the combat in, aswell as the lack of progression. Im oldschool so i prefer tabtargeting and holy trinity. Actioncombat have a tendancy to become to spammy, twitchy and limited due to fewer skills for me.

Theres SOOOO many boring action combat games that talk big about beeing "revolutionary" and "not at all like WoW" but they just end up meh.

I didnt play WoW more then the first 30 days becouse for me it was to easy but right now i think Blizzard are the only company that actually have the resources to make a major AAA mmorpg.

God knows the future is grim right now for mmorpgs, nothing at the horizon at all to look forward to.

Well, the reality on controls is that we all grew up using specific kinds of controls and therefore we have a lot less of a learning curve to deal with when we run into those same controls in a new video game.  They might do something slightly different,  but the buttons are in the same place and our fingers know where all the keys are.  Compare that to having to figure out how to use a HOTAS for a flight game or suddenly switch to a track ball for some reason on a gaming cabinet.  
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    DKLond said:
    DKLond said:

But that's what we need.
    who are "we"? What the market "need" is fun, convenient, short-term games.
    We are the gamers and the consumers of entertainment.
    including the millions who enjoy and buy non-mmorpgs?
    Robokapp said:
    Selo said:

God knows the future is grim right now for mmorpgs, nothing at the horizon at all to look forward to.

OTOH, there are plenty of other fun games, even online games to play with. Nothing last forever. It is not like there is a lack of entertainment these days.
    you don't even need to play games to have fun. Have you tried reading books?
    Of course. I read novels. Watch anime, tv, movies. Taste wines. Restaurant hop. Collect toys. There are tons of good entertainment out there.
  • OfficerFriendlyEQ2OfficerFriendlyEQ2 Member UncommonPosts: 105

Good idea many years ago, but today it isn't profitable. Someone just posted that Intel is laying off folks over pretty much by losing desktops to mobile devices. I pretty much conclude that these games today will not look like anything in the near future.  Young and new players have these small devices that need new fun game apps. Therefore WoW2 will be something to behold on a Tablet instead.

How to play MMOs on tablets? I have no flipping clue but that may explain the pause from the gaming industry (and Intel for that matter)

How to play MMOs on tablets? I have no flipping clue but that may explain the pause from the gaming industry (and Intel for that matter)

Or why even MMOs? May be they should do other game types (not that people haven't tried .. see Order and Chaos).

May be candy crush is the future of gaming. 
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Good idea many years ago, but today it isn't profitable. Someone just posted that Intel is laying off folks over pretty much by losing desktops to mobile devices. I pretty much conclude that these games today will not look like anything in the near future.  Young and new players have these small devices that need new fun game apps. Therefore WoW2 will be something to behold on a Tablet instead.

Maybe Intel should invest in something that will make more people want to buy a PC over a tablet.

Something with the WOW factor  >:)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

laserit said:

Maybe Intel should invest in something that will make more people want to buy a PC over a tablet.

Since they are not making PCs themselves, i doubt they can be successful if they try. It is much easier to move to the bigger market which can use their products.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Bliizzard, just give us ten 1.12.1 (5 PvE and 5 PvP) servers for $4.99 a month, and I'll be happy.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

laserit said:

Since they are not making PCs themselves, i doubt they can be successful if they try. It is much easier to move to the bigger market which can use their products.
    So you saying Intel should get out of the PC CPU market? Focus on Tablets and Smartphones?

"move" is a bad word

"expand" is a much better one. 

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Robokapp said:
    Robokapp said:
    Of course. I read novels. Watch anime, tv, movies. Taste wines. Restaurant hop. Collect toys. There are tons of good entertainment out there.
    Tell me about these toys you collect...what is your favorite toy?

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

Cecropia said:
    Robokapp said:
    Robokapp said:

>:) 

Robokapp said:

I collect two main areas of toys:

a) Japanese anime robots  + japanese live sf hero shows (tokusatsu) ... we are talking about mecha anime from the 70s to present days. The toys are made mostly after 97 (I like anime accurate toys, not vintage). Shows will include classics like Mazinger and the original Gundam. By my last count, I have almost all (probably missing 2-3) of all the hero mecha in anime made in 70s.

b) 12 inch 1/6 super hero characters. I have the whole set of the Avenger (original movie version), The Guardian of the Galaxy (missing Drax, which will come out next year), Wolverine, and a few others. The new characters in Age of Ultron are shipping now.

Because i moved to Texas, I actually have a big enough house (brand new too!) to have a room reserved to be my toy museum. My museum is divided in 1/6 super hero, japanese tokusatsu, super robot, super vehicles, and a gundam area. I have glass cabinets on all walls of my "museum". 

It is hard to say which one is my favorite. From the Japanese mecha, i would say probably the Shin Getter Robot from the 1997 OVA, and certainly the Mark VII Iron man from The Avenger movie in the 1/6 section.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Robokapp said:
    I collect two main areas of toys:

a) Japanese anime robots  + japanese live sf hero shows (tokusatsu) ... we are talking about mecha anime from the 70s to present days. The toys are made mostly after 97 (I like anime accurate toys, not vintage). Shows will include classics like Mazinger and the original Gundam. By my last count, I have almost all (probably missing 2-3) of all the hero mecha in anime made in 70s.

b) 12 inch 1/6 super hero characters. I have the whole set of the Avenger (original movie version), The Guardian of the Galaxy (missing Drax, which will come out next year), Wolverine, and a few others. The new characters in Age of Ultron are shipping now.

Because i moved to Texas, I actually have a big enough house (brand new too!) to have a room reserved to be my toy museum. My museum is divided in 1/6 super hero, japanese tokusatsu, super robot, super vehicles, and a gundam area. I have glass cabinets on all walls of my "museum". 

It is hard to say which one is my favorite. From the Japanese mecha, i would say probably the Shin Getter Robot from the 1997 OVA, and certainly the Mark VII Iron man from The Avenger movie in the 1/6 section.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb