Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We need a World of Warcraft 2

Comments

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Cecropia said:

Well, I could be mistaken but I do believe they did (and still are doing) fairly well financially with their MMORPG. 
    They did. So? Their newest sucesses (D3, and hearthstone) are not mmorpgs. You can as well say they should make more ARPGs, or card games.

mmorpg is more investment, more risk, falling out of gaming trend. So again, why bother? 
    But you didn't address the rest of my post. Stop wasting my time.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    To answer the Topic:

NO, we don't!

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• DrDread74DrDread74 Member UncommonPosts: 308
    We need a World of Warcraft 2 as badly as we need a JJ Abrams CGI remake of The Princess Bride

http://baronsofthegalaxy.com/
     An MMO game I created, solo. It's live now and absolutely free to play!
  • Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 190
    WoW just needs to die so something new takes its place.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    edited April 2016
    I'd rather see Blizzard work on a new IP for an MMO.  They aren't looking into another MMO though, because they saw the bleak future of the MMO market, and it's the reason they scrapped Project Titan. 
  • XyireXyire Member UncommonPosts: 152
    observer said:
    I'd rather see Blizzard work on a new IP for an MMO.  They aren't looking into another MMO though, because they saw the bleak future of the MMO market, and it's the reason they scrapped Project Titan. 
    Do we actually believe project titan was a MMO RPG? they said it was a MMO and would not compete with wow.  With today's definition of MMO I'm pretty sure Overwatch fits everything they officially said.  My guess is people expected so much out of Titan they just said they killed it when they announced Overwatch when it really was Overwatch from the start.
  • Moon-DaddyMoon-Daddy Member UncommonPosts: 101
    edited April 2016

Xyire said:
    observer said:
    Do we actually believe project titan was a MMO RPG? they said it was a MMO and would not compete with wow.  With today's definition of MMO I'm pretty sure Overwatch fits everything they officially said.  My guess is people expected so much out of Titan they just said they killed it when they announced Overwatch when it really was Overwatch from the start.
    Overwatch was born out of the wreckage of Titan

We wont see another large scale mmo that was WoW
    4+ years in development time with no profit (yes Blizzard has budget to allocate to it, however the history of mmos of late have made it hard to persuade investors and directors/producers to tackle a shrinking/difficult market.
    Look at blizzards line up and how it has changed its games, they are jumping on the fact so many people are gaming and the 30min to 1 hour demographic just out weights the smaller hardcore mmo group

Making so much noise you dont know when to listen.

edited April 2016

Xyire said:
    observer said:
    Overwatch was born out of the wreckage of Titan

Fair enough!
    Robokapp said:
    Xyire said:
    observer said:
    Project Titan cancelled was also an announcement. How does that fit in your theory.
    What do you mean? that is indeed both the case and what I said?  "People expected so much out of titan they just said they killed it" By this I meant "They announced that they cancelled Project Titan".  It could be thats totally true and titan was a MMORPG, I'm somewhat hesitant to believe that given they said it wasn't going to compete with wow.

My statement was not suggesting titan isn't "cancelled" but more suggesting Overwatch is what Project titan was all along but people expected too much.  The link from moon-daddy says they really had a project titan and overwatch was born from it.  Could be.  I don't expect it's a lie what they stated, but more a spin of the truth.
  • TruplayaUBTruplayaUB Member UncommonPosts: 46
    It would be soooooo fking nice .... think about it !  Now you can pay 25euro for mounts (cosmetic) on 2 different games, maybe hosted on the same server, in the same lore universe, yet still soooo different....

New Features ? -- RAIDing from behind ... means if you play wow2 you start from the other side of the dungeon and try to get to the start point for the old wow1 players ... PVP ?!?! L O L !!! we talk about the game where holding hand and killing monsters for a better africa is the only! thing which is seen as mmo / rpg todays ! ... 

I tell you what we "really" need .... a fking Publisher or Firm or whatever, which buys the whole activision / blizzard shit (and yes i said shit, because do you think that one person who really made the games you like is still there ?!?! The most of them were rich after warcraft 3 und starcraft 1) and then immediately close the firm with a youtube video for ALL future wanna be big publishers to see ...

But it all will remain a dream .... because chasing after loot without any! consequences is the ShizNit ! Thats why sooo many people preordered the next wow expansion, without even thinking! to play together or even join a guild ... play all the "story parts" alone and if there is a big boss .... LFG !!  

But at this point i stop my writing, because you all will think atm that this story is sooo old and known ...And  yeah you should think that , because you are one of the people who play this "ShizNit - Style"  ;) ;) 

So dont be offended , instead JOIN a GUILD !  .... and for the rest ... they soon implement a method, where you can press F5 (or whatever) ... and all NOT-NPC players / things .... will be gone .... so you can PVE Farming for the best stuff and stay with all the other players (and the same stuff) in the last town and scream ... "LFG" ...

Press  F5 again and you can see some other players ... maybe your friends again ;) ... 
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    No, not really - though I would likely enjoy it.

What we need is a bold and passionate developer with proper funding - and we need a proper merging of sandbox and themepark. In fact, we need something that makes those two paradigms completely out of date - and does something we've never seen before.

We need entirely new mechanics and entirely new angles of approach to the genre. Perhaps something where combat is very rare and very deadly. Something where exploration takes up more of your time than grinding. Something where players truly shape the future - but also where the world and the lore is so immersive and established that it doesn't feel like a vacant globe with pretty textures.

We need reasons to spend our time with the game that don't remind us of how much time we've wasted grinding in the MMOs of the past.

Most people don't want something entirely new until a visionary comes around and shows it to them, so that's why it's incredibly hard to get support behind it - and why it's so rare.

But that's what we need.
  • TruplayaUBTruplayaUB Member UncommonPosts: 46
    DKLond said:

What we need is a bold and passionate developer with proper funding - and we need a proper merging of sandbox and themepark. In fact, we need something that makes those two paradigms completely out of date - and does something we've never seen before.

We need entirely new mechanics and entirely new angles of approach to the genre. Perhaps something where combat is very rare and very deadly. Something where exploration takes up more of your time than grinding. Something where players truly shape the future - but also where the world and the lore is so immersive and established that it doesn't feel like a vacant globe with pretty textures.

We need reasons to spend our time with the game that don't remind us of how much time we've wasted grinding in the MMOs of the past.

Most people don't want something entirely new until a visionary comes around and shows it to them, so that's why it's incredibly hard to get support behind it - and why it's so rare.

But that's what we need.
    A Dream you mean :P .... 

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    DKLond said:

But that's what we need.
    A Dream you mean :P .... 

Most people would consider it a dream or too unrealistic.

Until someone makes it real. It has happened before and it will happen again.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    DKLond said:

But that's what we need.
    who are "we"? What the market "need" is fun, convenient, short-term games.
    Robokapp said:
    DKLond said:

But that's what we need.
    who are "we"? What the market "need" is fun, convenient, short-term games.
    how do you know what the market needs? what is the "Market" and what is "fun" ?
    fun is subjective. Market is everyone who is buying games. And i thought people know this. Apparently not. 
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    You cant make anything better then the best.  WOW is king and the best its impossible to make anything better.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    filmoret said:
    You cant make anything better then the best.  WOW is king and the best its impossible to make anything better.
    Yes you can. LoL is more successful. Hearthstone has more players. So is World of Tank. 

The trick is make something other than mmorpgs. 
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    filmoret said:
    Yes you can. LoL is more successful. Hearthstone has more players. So is World of Tank. 

Dude,  I been subbed to WOW for 15 years now.  You saying I don't need to?
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    filmoret said:
    filmoret said:

Dude,  I been subbed to WOW for 15 years now.  You saying I don't need to?
    I am saying there are plenty of other games to consider now. I also subbed to WOW for 3.5 years .. some years ago.

And I figure out why spend all my time in one game, when there are so many other fun ones?

Obviously it is your prerogative to figure out what games you want to play. But a) there are many more successful games than WoW (online, combat, with RPG elements ...) and b) i don't think one needs to commit to one video game. 
  • GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395
    I don't need anything but a root beer float and day off playing UO or EQ2  :D

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    TOR was essentially WoW2, and it crashed hard after a couple months.

There will never be another WoW.

• SeloSelo Member UncommonPosts: 108
    edited April 2016

As much as i would like World of Starcraft, its quite hard to make classes for it.

"Ill play a zergling!" "ill play a battlecruiser" XD

But the fact is, the most succesful games since WoW has been the games that are quite similiar to EQ/DaoC/WoW even though everyone wants (or think) they want things to be different. I actually think the majority wants the mechanics to be closer to older games, but the content more friendly. Imo the more quests, the better. (no dailys, ill travel back in time and shoot the person that adds dailys)

Rift, Lotro, Warhammer, Swtor are all using the old formula and survived the longest out of the newer games. The only one beeing different is GW2, which i didnt like the combat in, aswell as the lack of progression. Im oldschool so i prefer tabtargeting and holy trinity. Actioncombat have a tendancy to become to spammy, twitchy and limited due to fewer skills for me.

Theres SOOOO many boring action combat games that talk big about beeing "revolutionary" and "not at all like WoW" but they just end up meh.

I didnt play WoW more then the first 30 days becouse for me it was to easy but right now i think Blizzard are the only company that actually have the resources to make a major AAA mmorpg.

God knows the future is grim right now for mmorpgs, nothing at the horizon at all to look forward to.

Selo said:

God knows the future is grim right now for mmorpgs, nothing at the horizon at all to look forward to.

OTOH, there are plenty of other fun games, even online games to play with. Nothing last forever. It is not like there is a lack of entertainment these days.
  • CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    World of Warcraft 2? Starcraft 2?

If it was anyone other than Blizzard, I would be on board. If anyone here knows anything about business, Blizzard is the last company you would want handling any game. The company is now a gaming company run by advertisers. If you don't understand that, then i suggest you start reading up on what happens to company when they become too big.
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    SWTOR is WOW 2. 
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear.