Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW:Legion on August 30th.

JermzyJermzy Member UncommonPosts: 211
Why am i not excited....
Haroo!

Comments

• JermzyJermzy Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Haroo!
  • KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    edited April 2016
    Nice, 4 more months...I still wonder though if 10 man "mythic" will be back. That played big role in killing big portion of their player base as well as terrible balance with Alliance and Horde trinkets and finally, the botting in PvP.

The lack of content was the nail, but yea at least now the sooner this game releases the more I'll know if they've addressed the core issues that bothered me or not. I could totally play WOW just for either PvP or PvE if either are properly done.

• Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    I don't think anyone is excited for legion, even the people currently playing.  It has a few improvements and I'm glad they are trying to move away from warlords of draenor, but they left in the one big thorn in the side of everyone still playing (being the mission table.)  And seem adamant on keeping it.  Not exactly thrilling stuff.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Kopogero said:
    Nice, 4 more months...I still wonder though if 10 man "mythic" will be back. That played big role in killing big portion of their player base as well as terrible balance with Alliance and Horde trinkets and finally, the botting in PvP.

The lack of content was the nail, but yea at least now the sooner this game releases the more I'll know if they've addressed the core issues that bothered me or not. I could totally play WOW just for either PvP or PvE if either are properly done.
    You gonna pick it up?
  • KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    Once I find out the answer on most of my concerns I stated above, which should be easy now that the game gets closer to release. Like I said if WOW delivers this expansion in either PvP or PvE is good enough for me. WoD was the worst expansion ever imo, and I don't think they can do worse, since every other expansion prior I've enjoyed the game for far longer than the 2½ months I did in the last.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    One of the best things coming out of Legion is probably the removal of a lot of extra abilities that aren't that useful or just duplicate the same effect.  The games GCD is just way too fast to deal with unless someone has mods up the wazoo installed to manage an ideal rotation with some of the classes.  Protection Paladin is probably the worst offender, for example.

After playing FFXIV for a while I've kind of come to appreciate being able to actually look at the action on the screen instead of playing a DDR mini-game where I'm hoping I can catch a glimpse of what is going on.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Anyone tried it on PTU? I'm really only interested in whether or not professions have been fixed. Jewelcrafting was so broken in WoD it's the main reason I can't bring myself to play. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

Yeah I'm not sure if they fixed crafting or not.  None of the impressions videos on youtube I've seen ever talk about the crafting since everyone got fixated on the mission table.  I'll have to check the official forums later tonight.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Although I am looking forward to this new release, I am more excited about the possibility of an official legacy server. Being able to play either vanilla or the newest expansions is an incredible prospect for Blizzard fans.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• FroopinFroopin Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I have just recently returned to the game after quite a few years away playing Lord of The Rings Online. Lotro hasn't aged well, but WoW still holds magic for me and I find myself reminiscing about Molten Core, AQ, Black Wing Lair and the wonderful Kara. Can't say anything much about what has passed since, except I am enjoying levelling right now and have pre-ordered Legion :)
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Froopin said:
    I have just recently returned to the game after quite a few years away playing Lord of The Rings Online. Lotro hasn't aged well, but WoW still holds magic for me and I find myself reminiscing about Molten Core, AQ, Black Wing Lair and the wonderful Kara. Can't say anything much about what has passed since, except I am enjoying levelling right now and have pre-ordered Legion :)
    This right here?  That was me from March 2014 until February 2015.  Three alliance characters.  I disabled XP multiple times because you now level so fast you can outlevel every zone you play in.  

Enjoy it while it lasts for however long that is.
    I agree on out-leveling areas. If you even think of using heirloom gear it ruins almost all quest chains unless you are a completionist and don't really care about how it gets done. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• ZerothZeroth Member UncommonPosts: 4
    I also have pretty much lost all hope for World of Warcraft. I have  pre-ordered, I got an Alpha invite, Got my Artefact weapon,established my Class Hall. And then  I got my first follower...... I have not touched the Alpha since