Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No MMO can Please Everyone - Eorzea Reborn

2»

Comments

• acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878

I was actually a big fan of FFXIV Online and played it for over a year, but after the expansion (which had an excellent story) I just couldn't handle how SE revolved all of their updates mainly around the concept of RNG.

It's just way too much grind in my opinion. If you just take a look at the game and the history of updates RNG seems to be a huge factor involved with FFXIV and as someone who works 40+ hours a week, I don't have time to deal with RNG systems.

Also unlike a lot of players, the crafting system to me is not fun at all. I don't want a crafting system where endgame crafting has as many skills involved as combat classes.

Umm, I assume you mean Diadem (which I agree sucks ba'als)? Or, do you mean the crystal farm for Anima weapons (which again, does suck a bit)?... Other than that it's still guaranteed tokens for the best* gear with random drops to give you a boost along the way.

*Technically the tokens for the best gear are dropped a bit randomly, but unless you are trying to do savage mode raiding you really don't need it, and if you are doing savage mode raiding you should have a good static that gets everyone geared fairly.
  • MouzziMouzzi Member CommonPosts: 8
    but also not every mmo can piss off everyone
  • vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    edited April 2016
    nm
  • ArmendiusArmendius Member UncommonPosts: 119
    edited April 2016

unkkut said:

@hellboundheart An opinion is an opinion. Value is of no significance, because it's an opinion.

Value has EVERYTHING to do with it. Same goes foe every principle we uphold everyday. Without value, your words have no weight.

And written words alone have toppled civilizations. Crushed kings and saved lives. Some quote from some dude.

An opinion is personal, value is personal, words are personal.

The only thing we uphold centuaries is the weight of status that is personal, and choose sides.
    Words alone are nothing, it is what we belief and make from it.
  • HellboundHeartHellboundHeart Member UncommonPosts: 390
    victorbjr said:
    I'm amazed that Wizardry has yet to reply. Anyway, some insightful comments up top. Enjoying reading your thoughts on my write-up. :)

Now share what you hate about FFXIV, and let's see what we can dig up in the process. :D
    I hate that there are no open world dungeons of any sort. I wish there was at least mix of open and instanced dungeons in the game like in 1.0 but I know it won't happen. :(
    No dude, then we get spawn killers and camp griefers just like ESO had.
    Simply put, it won't work and there has yet to be a game that does work properly with the system.

It's weird, some blame developers but, I blame all the players. It's not the developers spawn killing bosses and marks before you can even blink. It's not the developers or the game that camps with 50 bots to grief the next sorry soul who needs stuff done.

I personally am glad it is fully instanced. By doing this they can develop for low end PC users and consoles, i.e. ps3(still) lol. It takes stress off the main server.

Instanced dungeons just cuts you off from the rest of the game so you can focus on what you are doing in that moment. Not sitting around camping, waiting to at least get one hit so you get the kill cred.

Imagine people swarming in open world dungeons like they do with hunts. Hell, hunts, that's a great example of it sort of working but, not. People kill hunts before anyone else can get there and I have 5 hunt LS's. On top of that, the open world will feel bare due to people in "caves" or what have you, camping for their, quest, kill, whatever. Again, look at ESO and yes, I play and it is still really bad at times. Especially when you do more damage but die and all of a sudden get no credit for it because you died and others finished it off.

Imagine doing an open world dungeon and getting all the way to the end to find 50 campers and a 20 minute  re spawn time for the boss.

Just my opinion.
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    "No MMO can Please Everyone"

Sounds like a justification for mediocrity...
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Hard to believe you based a whole article around comments from a forum poster that hates on nearly every game and even left the only game he/she seems to like because it introduced some sort of afk fishing system.