Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apparently all your character stats are determined by RNG

Comments

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Inc Character stat reroll coupons.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,166
    Does it have anything to do with the Horoscope?
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Why have RNG for HP/MP? What game designer thinks that having random stat growth is a good idea? 

Why have RNG for HP/MP? What game designer thinks that having random stat growth is a good idea? 

Korean developers. They love them some RNG.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    Tiller said:

Korean developers. They love them some RNG.
    Everyone "loves" it. Even western MMOs rely so very heavily on RNG.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

Well not confirmed, but someone said a few people tested luck, and guess what? Might be RNG. xD so some folks will always get better loot than you. Thing is I suspect the same with GW2.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    Think they are going to have to track things like gear worn as well as constellation chosen at creation to know what other factors may be influencing that.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    That is absolutely retarded. Your starting stats being RNG rolled in Maple Story is acceptable(because you could keep rerolling and it was only your starting stats)....but to have your stats such as hp/mp be RNG as you level? lol...

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    edited April 2016
    Tiller said:
    Well not confirmed, but someone said a few people tested luck, and guess what? Might be RNG. xD so some folks will always get better loot than you. Thing is I suspect the same with GW2.
    Did you even read the forum post? There is evidence with screenshot and it has nothing to do with gears. It is about how much player stat grows per level being rng within same class.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    NA GM response in the forum is:

"After checking with the developers I can confirm this is 100% intended, there is a range for how much HP and MP are gained with each level to add variety between characters without giving too much of an advantage. They believe that no two characters should be identical and that these variations add to the game, making each character more unique and the game more fun.

Hopefully this clears up the question posed, and good luck rolling that nat 20 ;)"

• ShadowdawnzShadowdawnz Member UncommonPosts: 201
    Tiller said:
    Does it have anything to do with the Horoscope?
    Would be interesting if it did but no word that it does.

I actually think it's a interesting concept, to what feels similar to reality, unfortunately, when it comes down to pvp centric games or so, it's best to have everyone on a even playing field as much as possible.

To me, it just means I have to consider my weakness and adjust accordingly when fighting other players.

My question is there a soft/hard cap to leveling your health? 

edited April 2016
    Tiller said:
    Did you even read the forum post? There is evidence with screenshot and it has nothing to do with gears. It is about how much player stat grows per level being rng within same class.
    I was talking about a hidden luck value no can see and is harder to prove exists. I'm aware of the statistical  growth pacing characteristics on the character sheet.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Wow.  There's a reason why Fire Emblem games added a non-RNG mode for your stat gain on levelling up.  And unlike BDO, Fire Emblem didn't require nearly as much time investment to max level in case things went badly and you wanted to restart.  And there was always save-scumming (Saving and resetting etc) if you really hated your stat gain on level up that bad.

In BDO, meanwhile, with this RNG stat system, if you got bad RNG rolls your character will be PERMANENTLY worse than someone else's character that got better rolls than you in that respect, and there's nothing you can do about it.  That's just messed up.
  • RyuushimaRyuushima Member UncommonPosts: 63
    Another reason I am glad I did not buy into black desert
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Another reason why I am not playing the game.... pretty pathetic.
    Another one! WoW players will know what i'm talkin about.

• CulubuCulubu Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Gender lock and now this? Wonder how much the fanbois will swallow.
  • monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    edited April 2016
    Yeah, I cant take this game seriously anymore. Glad, I didnt invest more than the box price. Every day it gets worse and worse. 
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229

I know right! Why would you get random values when you leve.....what? D&D has been doing this since forever? Carry on then!
    Kefo said:

I know right! Why would you get random values when you leve.....what? D&D has been doing this since forever? Carry on then!
    Does BDO also have a GM that tailors the situation to you and your party alone? No? Carry on then!

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Sephiroso said:
    Kefo said:

Does BDO also have a GM that tailors the situation to you and your party alone? No? Carry on then!
    No otherwise they would be one broke company. But seriously if people are freaking out over a few points difference in some stats then perhaps RPG's aren't for them.
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    Sephiroso said:
    Kefo said:

Ya cause if it's not exactly like WoW must suck amirite?
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Kefo said:
    D&D has one of the most imbalanced character development systems out there. Also, newer editions of D&D let you pick the average if you want.
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    Scalpless said:
    Kefo said:
    D&D has one of the most imbalanced character development systems out there. Also, newer editions of D&D let you pick the average if you want.

Well it's a point buy system that let's you customize your character.  It looks like there's a variance of a few points from the testing.  But there's also the question of other base actions (quests, constellation pick, food ate, etc) that might influence level gain.  The truth is there's a lot of BDO that's a bit of a mystery when it comes to stats and leveling.  Case in point that people are just finding out about this. 
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I mean it isn't a gamebreaker since they at least have boundaries of where the stats can roll inside of to make it more fair? But that still doesn't make any sense. I understand nobody should be the same as someone else in reality, but in a game that doesn't work, especially a pvp heavy game. If they introduce stat reroll coupons in the cash shop that will be worse than thunder struck logs in AA.