Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Trailer Celebrates Start Of Early AccessTSK The Skies News - MMORPG.com

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited April 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew Trailer Celebrates Start Of Early AccessTSK The Skies News - MMORPG.com

The Early Access program for EForb's survival MMO The Skies has started on Steam. To celebrate the occasion, the development team has released a brand new video that shows off the core game features as well as a look at the desolate desert environments. Check it you and head to The Skies Steam page to learn more!

Read the full story here

Comments

• Str8HellStr8Hell Member UncommonPosts: 30
    edited April 2016
    I can't or don't wanna believe that games like this are made in 2016. This title belongs to 1999 or a year around that.
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    The game is actually far better than what this trailer shows...lol. Its the first time i see promotional trailer that actually ruins impression of the game.

• ShiverdamnShiverdamn Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Wow. What an awful trailer.
  • zimikezimike Member UncommonPosts: 160
    The guys voice ruined it for me lol
  • xxBoneZxxxxBoneZxx Member UncommonPosts: 124
    edited April 2016
    This game isn't ready for Early Access yet. There's no invert mouse option, or any mouse controls for that matter. And you can't remap the keys. The devs have a thread stickied on the Steam forums claiming it will come in one of the next patches.

I don't understand why the keyboard/mouse settings weren't implemented before releasing the game to Early Access. That tells me the game is being rushed out to the public. Not a good sign.

No keyboard/mouse settings = not playable.
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    F2P early access title.

That shows me that they are committed to making a good game, which they already have.

Good base game already, lots of improvements that have to be made still. But I'm impressed.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    OhhPaigey said:
    F2P early access title.

That shows me that they are committed to making a good game, which they already have.

Good base game already, lots of improvements that have to be made still. But I'm impressed.
    Not really at all,it just means they know they can't get any money and would have zero interest otherwise.

Trust me ,if a developer thought they could get money they would,just look at Smedley's recent VERY half assed attempt at a game,he thought he could get money and TRIED ,but luckily that garbage attempt at a game failed,at least for now.

I will reserve judgement on this early development until i play it.Yes i can actually judge this game as an EARLY game because it is not charging money,which yes is FAIR for both sides,i do not give devs who charge money any slack at all.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    edited April 2016
    Wizardry said:
    OhhPaigey said:
    F2P early access title.

Not really at all,it just means they know they can't get any money and would have zero interest otherwise.

Trust me ,if a developer thought they could get money they would,just look at Smedley's recent VERY half assed attempt at a game,he thought he could get money and TRIED ,but luckily that garbage attempt at a game failed,at least for now.

I will reserve judgement on this early development until i play it.Yes i can actually judge this game as an EARLY game because it is not charging money,which yes is FAIR for both sides,i do not give devs who charge money any slack at all.
    They could have listed this game for $20, got a bunch of money from hype and quit like every other game, so I completely disagree with you.

I've seen a lot worse early access games sell a ton of copies.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.

zimike said:
    The guys voice ruined it for me lol
    LOL yes it did sound a bit cheesy for certain ,well maybe a LOT cheesy.Not so much his voice but the lines he was told to read,so let's not roast this narrator without laying blame to whomever wrote the script.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ololuluololulu Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Funny or not but after i get into the game, ran for 2 minutes and got into loading screen, 15 minutes later- still the same loading screen, restarted game, loading once, got into the game and 1 second later the same loading screen again.
    Stuck at loading screen forever.
    edited April 2016
    Lasted 5 minutes then it bugged out chopping wood.

I assume the glitch was because did not actually have an axe to chop wood but it showed me doing it anyhow.
    My word of advice is the game's interface is way too ancient and cumbersome.I personally don't like games that lock the mouse ,i prefer free movement.

This is definitely VERY early access,needs a lot of work...obviously being such early development.Still we need to make point of what needs to be improved so we can see over time if anything actually gets improved.

To put it in perspective,it is much akin to that Romero game.There needs to be far better lighting as the visuals are actually a strain on the eyes.

I would prefer to see more of the game in like 6 months minimum as of right now not nearly enough development time to want to see it any further.

I should make note of the points system.I normally don't like point allotments,it seems too fake but this game needs something like this.It would take some time to determine how meaningful the point allotments are as of now i am not interested until maybe 6 months time.I do see a possible maximizer flaw in that allotting points into further points lessens your early game but would appear to be much more beneficial in the long run.

I also "suspect" cash shop heavy for FREE status,i assume more points as well as other gold perks,so i doubt this will be playable for any free player,especially in pvp and at higher levels where "pts" will begin to stack up in the paid favor.

• RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    stream should have a quality team who look into these garbage pre alpha game before these ''dev'' can release these crap game not even finish ( if they ever finish.... 90% of them never leave beta)

just a team who quality check these titles, early acess in my mind was for something in beta ( not alpha ) who will release something close from now ( 1 year or something ) and needed money and a bit more times, but was playable and a big percent of the work was already done,

before allow customer to buy these games.... we need something to be done seriously....
  • AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178
    This game...

Has the single most ugliest player models ever.

Do you like playing as a Ukranian Prison Murderer or some kinda slavic hit man? This is your game...do you enjoy what can only be described as a poor english meets creep gypsy woman?

This is your game.

I cannot stress enough how terrible this game is. No redemption to be found. It's trying to be fallout without any of the charm. It's trying to be...I'm not sure but that tutorial with the aunt and uncle only lead me to believe this game is a train wreck alpha the team got together and said "one more time guys!".

If they cared anything at all for their game they'd stop that horrible voice acting. It's so bad...so low fi (see>Trailer) I can't even imagine who went "Yeah cut that! That's the track we need".

Yagga Babba and shiz.

I can't stress just how terrible this thing is...EA isn't excuse it'll be just as bad when hits alpha or whatever bullshit standard piss ant money grubbers are using via steam.

Say no to eastern european mmorpg's kids... Everyone looks like a rapist (Those eyes....)
  • causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Do they want to go out of business? Else I don't understand this trailer...
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Seemed like an OK trailer until the narrator started yelling at me.
  • LurchUSALurchUSA Member UncommonPosts: 97
    So... This is a promo for Fallen Earth, voiced by a very bad impression of Torque form Borderlands.

We gonna use graphics like it's Nineteen Nighty Niiinnneeee!!
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    The game sure is rough but does show some promise at least. A polsihed game like The Skies is what the MMORPG-scene needs the most after damn trolls ong orcs and shit. But that trailer doesnt give them any favour. Who decided it was a good idea to have Nicolas Cage on crack reading those lines?
  • SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472

ololulu said:

Funny or not but after i get into the game, ran for 2 minutes and got into loading screen, 15 minutes later- still the same loading screen, restarted game, loading once, got into the game and 1 second later the same loading screen again.

Stuck at loading screen forever.

Found the game and it's controls and the loading screen and the lack of smoothness very irritating to begin with.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    This guys voice is pure unadulterated comedy...