Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is your favorite MMORPG Game you ever played in the past 10 years? And why?

13»

Comments

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    FFXI ....even when i hated it....none will come close to that , but is was all thanks to the "people" , like some1 said , community can be a game changer for the good ....and for the bad (see mobas or some FPS ugh)
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Star Wars Galaxies..because Star Wars
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963
    For me the best games are Asherons Call and Vanguard
  • YanocchiYanocchi Member UncommonPosts: 677
    BGTSCC

1) Plays like a real MMORPG.
    2) Dungeons & Dragons and Faerun.
    3) Nice recreation of single player Baldur's Gate maps.
    4) One of the most complex multiplayer online games, almost like a text-based MUD.
    5) Graphics still look very good.
    6) Dungeon Masters very much like in pen & paper RPGs
    7) No one can pay real life money to "win" and no gold sellers or bots.
    8) The most immersive multiplayer online game out there with genuinely meaningful role-playing.
    9) Shows how a non-commercial project can beat many commercial projects.
    10) A lot of features and systems that are ahead of their time.

Baldur's Gate Online - Video Trailer
    * more info, screenshots and videos here

• Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Star Wars Galaxies! 
    Why?
    1) I was able to be who I wanted to be and do what I wanted to
    2) Real community's in-game via the Guild and Housing systems.
    3) Open world housing placement
    4) Top of the line crafting system
    5) Great space system unlike the bird on a wire and limited area that SW:TOR uses
    6) Immersion was fun and easy 

• pantheronpantheron Member UncommonPosts: 256
    There were couple. WoW until Cataclysm. Knight Online and Archlord. Then more recently Wildstar and ESO.
    someone else who loved Archlord? I spent so much time on that game. Never became the archlord though I always wanted to, really really badly. 

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    I would have to go with Lotro when it was a sub based. No game has totally immersed me into the story and world like Lotro did. Nothing and I mean this sincerely; nothing can touch lotro when it first came out...

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Star Wars Galaxies! 
    Why?
    5) Great space system unlike the bird on a wire and limited area that SW:TOR uses
    Game was a mess.
    Depends on who you ask just like any game. :pleased: 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Marvel Heroes is the best for me I am truly addicted I could play it for another 20 years probably it relaxes me and I love the heroes. ARPGs just seem to be that perfect fit of play a little time or a lot and still accomplish something. I am looking forward to more news from Camelot Unchained for a possible second game for me to spend time on.

hey i am not the only one who picked MH. It has the added advantage that it can be played as a good single player game. 
  • SunscourSunscour Member UncommonPosts: 186
    EQ2 and I cannot articulate a reason, just really had a grand time. I would rush home from work to see who was on and spend hours just doodling. 

Life is Short, Read a Book.

• Ammon777_newAmmon777_new Member UncommonPosts: 306
    Vidir said:
    For me the best games are Asherons Call and Vanguard
    Asherons Call is classic awesome.
    Star Wars Galaxies! 
    Why?
    Game was a mess.
    Depends on who you ask just like any game. :pleased: 
    Fair Enough.
    The sub numbers were nowhere near where LucasArts thought they should be hence the change. The game was buggy,the balance was all over the place, the Jump Xpac was good but the ground game was still a mess. They had to change the Jedi death after the community went mental.Then having to refund the Wookie Xpac because of the NGE, I mean from the beginning the game was a logistical mess and only got worse. I get the nostalgia but even the most loyal knew it was a mess there was just enough their that was so fresh that they were able to overlook it.
    I still say Asheron's Call should have been the game they looked at as a template. AC, to me, is the best of all time.
     Obviously just my opinion, which I admit, is not worth much   =)
    Well the subs may have been better if LA would have stopped gumming up the works. The producers from LA did nothing but mess up development of the game. There was so much that was to be done with the game but LA kept blocking any real progress.

• mrrshann618mrrshann618 Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Tabula Rasa
    1. It was not fantasy
    2. The bases/quest areas had a chance of getting overrun by the NPC enemy.
    3. It was not fantasy.
    4. Trying to get those bases back/Defending them was simply fun
    5. Yes it had  many bugs, and memory leaks in 1 particular area, but they WERE visibly improving
    6. It was not fantasy.
    7. The class/clone system was great if you wanted to try out the different classes of progression
    8. and of course, It was not fantasy.
    Play what you Like. I like SWOTR, Have a referral to get you going!
    -->  http://www.swtor.com/r/nBndbs  <--
    Several Unlocks and a few days game time to make the F2P considerably easier
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I am not going to mention the game because children on this site get retarded "you always mention that game" sort of bullshit.
    Why wouldn't i mention the same game if i feel it is the best game out there?To me that would be two faced if you mention a different game every month which his what advertising sites do and what many gamer's do.

Sad to because they give a game a 9/10 then 6 months later 6 even better games, well i guess those games must all be a 10/10 lol,which really shows the bias BS that goes on in forums.

My fave game to have played ever is because it has more depth in combat and class design,the two most important aspects of a rpg.Then add to that ideas that make sense liek actually having ammo for my bow ...ahem BDO take note or simple ideas like NOT doing backflips and somersaults while shooting my bow ..again take note BDO you need to have a clue and use some common sense when designing classes and combat not just  C++ code and goofy animations.

When a game can do combat and classes correctly and very well,i will mention the NEXT best game over the next 10 years but as of now i see nothing remotely good just lot's of silly nonsense like some 14 year olds are designing these games.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.