Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doom 4 putting Overwatch to shame.

13»

Comments

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    There's a good reason Blizzard makes everything with low poly graphics- it's so people with low or midrange computers can play the games.

I honestly believe most of what made WoW so successful for so long is that you can run the game on almost anything.
    This is why I think games like Counter Strike, Dota, WoW etc. are so succesful. Even my calculator can probably run that game. Now those COD/Battlefield/Doom requirements are too high for the vast majority of steam users if Valve's stats of hardware are anything to go by.

BLizzard will never make a game with insane system requirements. IT's just not how they roll. Blizzard actually focuses on gameplay and that's usually what wins people over. That and the insane replayability their games have.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Phry said:
    I'd wait until the game is a thing first, seen too many 'demo's that just didn't look like the finished product, only have to look at games like Watchdogs etc. and then there are the system requirements, chances are to even approach that level of detail you will need a high end rig with dual 980ti's or something equally stupid, which probably means that to get those kinds of graphics, it will be a PC only game.
    Also, the tech demo of 1080p at 60fps was it run at that resolution because of the system requirements, would you need for instance, twin titan gtx's to run it at 2560x1440? do many people still run games on their systems at just 1080?
    Probably irrelevant though as i doubt the finished product will look as good as the tech demo, they hardly ever do.
    Do people still run games at 1080p? If you are runing 1440p then you are in the minority. Very few people run their games at 1440p as not even a GTX970/980 can deliver solid fps with the more demanding games. And most people have gpus which are much worse than those two.

1080p is the standard and that's going to be the standard for the next few years.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

DMKano said:
    So several comments on disliking gore - not me.

Bring it on!

The only thing missing is a deep booming voice yelling FATALITY whenever you stomp on a baddies head and it goes splat. 

:D
    So much this. I love gore. Throw in some MK fatalities in and I am sold :D

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited April 2016
    Do you like... really hate Overwatch or something that you needed to smack on it in comparison to a game that isn't even remotely in the same genre?  I can't possibly see how or why it'd be relevant to Doom 4 at all, otherwise.
    Simple comparison between SIMILAR  games,BOTH involve carnage/killing both are fast paced,similar type mapping,BOTH are NEW.

Why Blizzard,they have loads ,boat loads of money so the comparison is fair,you do NOT compare a low budget indie developer game that falls exactly under the same genre,you compare $$$ to $$$.

Why not Destiny?I have not played Destiny ,so how could i compare it?I simply took a money bags developer that SHOULD be able to match ANY other developer and EASILY.Also Blizzard products are MUCH more well known than anyone else's.

BTW designing OW is VERY similar to designing Doom,the difference of course is AI versus real human players,but both create system lag in similar fashion as one has multiple players fighting with animations while a fps might only have 1-5/6 npc's at a time but has the AI to contend with as well.Anyone that knows game design knows that bot pathing and AI is a huge system hog.

lol@ some responses,you think creating a map for OW is any different than a map for DOOM? Pretty much identical mapping skills needed.You think sounds or music is any different?you think weapon animations need be any different?pfft some seriously don't know a  thing about game design.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Let me sum up this thread.

A crappy game being compared to another crappy game.

Have times gotten this bad?
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    We get it. You hate Blizzard. Everything that Blizzard does is bad. You have to compare every kitten Blizzard game with some other game and prove that the other game is better. Only good mmorpg out there is FFXI. You have to post in every kitten discussion in this forum and spew your hatred even you don't know anything about them. And you must hate everything. Don't you ever get tired? Sigh... 
  • DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384
    Oh god that's funny.  Doom sucks. Overwatch is way better.
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    As a Quake player, can I say that both Doom 4 and Overwatch suck for multiplayer?
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Titanfall.  =)
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    It's the same as comparing WoW to DDO. One is good and the other is popular.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 375
    Wizardry said:
    Do you like... really hate Overwatch or something that you needed to smack on it in comparison to a game that isn't even remotely in the same genre?  I can't possibly see how or why it'd be relevant to Doom 4 at all, otherwise.
    Simple comparison between SIMILAR  games,BOTH involve carnage/killing both are fast paced,similar type mapping,BOTH are NEW.

Why Blizzard,they have loads ,boat loads of money so the comparison is fair,you do NOT compare a low budget indie developer game that falls exactly under the same genre,you compare $$$ to $$$.

Why not Destiny?I have not played Destiny ,so how could i compare it?I simply took a money bags developer that SHOULD be able to match ANY other developer and EASILY.Also Blizzard products are MUCH more well known than anyone else's.

BTW designing OW is VERY similar to designing Doom,the difference of course is AI versus real human players,but both create system lag in similar fashion as one has multiple players fighting with animations while a fps might only have 1-5/6 npc's at a time but has the AI to contend with as well.Anyone that knows game design knows that bot pathing and AI is a huge system hog.

lol@ some responses,you think creating a map for OW is any different than a map for DOOM? Pretty much identical mapping skills needed.You think sounds or music is any different?you think weapon animations need be any different?pfft some seriously don't know a  thing about game design.

You are literally grasping at straws to try and justify comparing two games that are still not even remotely close to each other in what markets they are trying to fill.  You base comparisons between two games off of two games trying to fill the same genre, not petty biases.
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Wizardry said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljpBwguIqos

Looks amazing ,very high detail.I think many will like the sheer carnage of the Chainsaw :)

Trying to compare this with a Blizzard product is impossible,Blizzard continues to make low poly games.Nobody can tell me these graphics don't make a difference because they make a HUGE difference to my gaming experience.
    Fixed!

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    This thread is approaching nari levels of bad.

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    edited April 2016
    For amusement value:

http://wccftech.com/doom-open-beta-slammed-steam-reviews-released/

Edit to add: Currently the Steam page has 7,931 reviews, with 35% positive.

Ouch.

• rapatpamprapatpamp Member UncommonPosts: 144
    I love how everyone says Overwatch is better than Battleborn but as soon as someone says anything is better than Overwatch it's "they aren't in the same genre".

Newsflash neither is Overwatch vs Battleborn.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    But they aren't even...

I mean one of them is a...  The other is... Something. Guns?  Walking around?  Shooting?

I may have just experience an aneurysm.  Head is hurty.