Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Single player? Why not. Thoughts....

HellboundHeartHellboundHeart Member UncommonPosts: 390
So i see the new incursion is on farm mode and can be done solo if geared properly.

I thought the developers themselves said they had trouble finishing it.

http://youtu.be/Yilhytv4Kdo

This is not my video although I do have one of me doing the run solo as well. 

So my question is, why do we need to be online all the time?

How is it the people creating the game has trouble getting through their own raid, http://www.gamezone.com/news/the-division-s-update-1-1-incursion-mission-falcon-lost-is-too-hard-for-ubisoft-devs-to-beat-3435627 but, normal, everyday folks like us, just cake walk right through it and solo at that.

I think ubisoft "watchdogged" us with The Division.

And I actually had hopes that this would be the best game of 2016 but, with the flaws and STILL gamebreaking bugs............fuck it, DOOM and No Mans Sky will have to do for 2016 hits. Fallout 4 is still the best even though it came out in 2015 lol.

just my thoughts and opinion.

let me rant lol

Comments

• SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562
    ?
  • HellboundHeartHellboundHeart Member UncommonPosts: 390
    ?
    If we can solo the game, why do we need to be online all the time? DZ is broke and most barely go in. So why stay onlne and not have a single player side to release memory from the servers, hence saving money for future development projects or dlc.

That should clear up your confusion.
    edited April 2016

umm that video just shows a guy wiping a lot in Spanish. did you even watch it?

and what game breaking bugs do you refer to? falling thru the floor happens once every month seems insignificant. this would be a cool game on offline mode with 3 other npc's that you could gear up but I prefer multiplayer. and DZ seems fine

• HellboundHeartHellboundHeart Member UncommonPosts: 390
    edited April 2016
    Sirmatthias said:

umm that video just shows a guy wiping a lot in Spanish. did you even watch it?

and what game breaking bugs do you refer to? falling thru the floor happens once every month seems insignificant. this would be a cool game on offline mode with 3 other npc's that you could gear up but I prefer multiplayer. and DZ seems fine

----------------------

Weather he died once or 100 times, the fact is, he did it solo in under 10 minutes, that which the devs claimed that they could not beat it.

-------------------

DZ is broke. Go rogue, I dare you, no, double dog dare you. Lets see you lose about 4 hours of grinding for dz funds and dz levels in one fatal swoop. 

Not broke they say...

-------------------

Game breaking bugs:

http://gamerant.com/the-division-patch-delete-agent-characters-314/

Or just scroll the IGN page or gamespot or hell, anywhere lol.

-------------------

I think your inner fanboy is showing lol.

• GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    Saying The Divison is an MMO is about as accurate as saying using a Vibrator is group sex. 

• heerobyaheerobya Member UncommonPosts: 465
    Hell with a full four man team we got our shit pushed in last night, couldn't get past stage 4 or 5.

Maybe we just suck.
    @hellboundheart what are you talking about. The link you provided shows 12 mins of him wiping and getting up to wave 2 of 15. he did not solo it.
    edited April 2016

and losing 4 hours of experience????? did you even play the new patch? are you drinking the crazy sauce? I went rogue yesterday and lost 7 enemies worth of experience. its easy to go rogue now. what are you talking about

I think your inner troll is showing. and who says double dog dare?

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    You have a great question here about if the game is a single player centric game why should you be online at all times. You are 100% correct. The reason is Publishers are fooling themselves thinking that the single player crowd if just sitting online and able to play with other people will play with other people. That is such a BS idea and that is why we have single player games invading the MMORPG space add to that CEOs of these companies think that it will bring in more profit to the stockholders. The Truth is as gamers we really need to start standing up and say we will not buy X game because we want a single player game but dont want to be online anymore. We also need to stop having MMORPGs become Single Player games online like they have. This is why if a MMORPG does not push me to group like FFXIV does I do not play that MMORPG. If I want a single player game for example I play NHL 16, if I was forced to be online at all times when playing in my session mode I would not buy the game. We need to get the separation back in our games. WOW with the Garrisons is becoming a facebook game and gamers like us here on MMORPG.com need to start not buying into these games. WOW becoming a Facebook game is not going to attract the MMORPG crowd and we should be smart enough to not buy these games anymore.
  • SagornSagorn Member UncommonPosts: 25
    If someone solo'd the Incursion.. they are using glitches to do it. They exist. I don't know if you can do it solo.. but I know groups are doing it.

There are so many hacks and cheats in this game it isn't even funny anymore. Good luck in the DZ which is just one big grief fest of hacking rogues and d-bags.