Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the top 3 best true MMORPG currently existing?

13»

Comments

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    League of Legends,  Smite, and Diablo 3
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    LOTRO

FF14

UO
  • EluwienEluwien Member UncommonPosts: 196
    These 3 i have the most fun in them.

Peace
    Can we stop the poor optimization thing? Show me an MMORPG like BDO with a seamless world and that many NPCs. There is pop in but it's not nearly that bad and they are working on it... That said people need to realize that MMORPGs are still heavily CPU based and not just GPU based and all the npcs and things going on with a live connection requires some sacrificed be made somewhere...
    This is simply not true. If good optimization exists, then poor optimization can be complained about. MMORPG's aren't "heavily CPU based", and even if they would be NPC-popup would have only marginally if at all to do with CPU. 

DAoC - 00-06 - And every now and then
    WoW - Online since launch - and now back again.
    EVE - Online since 07 - and still on, and on, and on..
    WHO - Online 08-10
    LOTR-O - Online 06-08
    Also played : Asherons Call, EverQuest, EQ2, Dungeons & Dragons, Cabal, Dark & Light, GW, 
    GW2, LA2, Ryzom, Shaiya, SWG, Allods, Forsaken World, ArcheAge, Secret World, Darkfall, Rift, ESO, Tera.

• EluwienEluwien Member UncommonPosts: 196
    filmoret said:
    League of Legends,  Smite, and Diablo 3
    Almost triggered. But just almost :)

DAoC - 00-06 - And every now and then
    WoW - Online since launch - and now back again.
    EVE - Online since 07 - and still on, and on, and on..
    WHO - Online 08-10
    LOTR-O - Online 06-08
    Also played : Asherons Call, EverQuest, EQ2, Dungeons & Dragons, Cabal, Dark & Light, GW, 
    GW2, LA2, Ryzom, Shaiya, SWG, Allods, Forsaken World, ArcheAge, Secret World, Darkfall, Rift, ESO, Tera.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited April 2016
    FFXI,EQ2,FFXIV.
    There is actually reasoning behind these choices.
    FFXI best grouping game.
    EQ2 best linear questing game
    FFXIV best hybrid.

However thinking factual i might consider playing Runes of Magic over FFXIV ,i guess would depend on my preference for that day.
    I am not actually sure where i would rate WOW,numbers alone do not determine MY decisions,however i would definitely rate it top 10 but that also imo says how shallow the industry really is.If Vanguard was still alive i would rate that game right there with ROM or FFXIV.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    EVE is the only game that comes close to these standards.
  • ULBlue13ULBlue13 Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Oh no it ain't.  Underlight aces most of them, and it's a fascinating and fun game, so that's my nomination.  And here was me thinking, when I saw the thread title, that it probably didn't count as a "true MMORPG"... in fact it fits them better than most "normal" MMORPGs!

Massive: It's made up of lots of separate small rooms, but no instances public or private, everything is within the same instance.  Does that make it "open world" or "tunnel run"?

Multiplayer: All on the same server, one of the busiest and friendliest communities I've seen and the general attitude is, if you did it alone, it didn't happen.

Online: Totally.  Interacting with other players is part of most of what you do - heck, you get all your quests and learn all your skills from other players. 

Role playing: RP IS the game.  There are four classes but class isn't really what distinguishes characters - it's about what factions you side with, who you form alliances with, whether you gain a reputation as a warrior, a wise man or a mad scientist and so on.  The graphics are so rudimentary that most of the fun is in your character's text description, obviously that can be whatever you like. 

Game: Actively played, good setting, endlessly evolving story (courtesy of a combination of GM initiatives, player actions, and GMs then running with what the players did and adding more stuff), like any game bugs appear every now and then but they're efficiently snapped up and rarely break anything major while they're there.

If you write, be polite.
  • brickleulbrickleul Member UncommonPosts: 28
    1. Eve
    2. Lotro
    3. TSW
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited April 2016
    Wakfu  =)