Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elite Dangerous - next update delayed (Horizons 2.1 Engineers)

ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
I say "its done when its done" but some players were not amused to hear about the delay of Horizons 2.1 Engineers until late summer from the London Stock Exchange and not from Frontier directly.

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/FDEV/12719733.html

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=236202

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/48lsif/fd_revenue_warning/

That means that the Horizons DLC Season Pass  timetable is pushed back a few months:

"2.0 – Planetary Landings

Available Now --> check

A whole new angle on the galaxy. Journey from the stars to the surfaces of strange worlds, and hit the ground running in the new Scarab Surface Recon Vehicle.

2.1 – The Engineers

Coming Spring 2016 ---> late summer 2016

Everything changes. Introducing an expanded mission system and game-changing loot. Craft exotic weapons and modules for your spacecraft and build a ship unlike any other.

2.2 – Guardians

Coming Summer 2016 ---> ??

Take what comes and strike back with double. Bring a second ship to every combat encounter with Ship-Launched Fighters and defend your passengers against the deadliest threats in the galaxy.

2.3 – The Commanders

Coming Fall 2016   ---> ??

Team up and stand together. Forge your own identity with the new Commander Creator, then share your bridge with Multi-Crew and fly with friends.

2.4 – TBA   ---> ??

A secret revealed in Elite Dangerous: Horizons’ final expansion."

Have fun

Comments

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited March 2016
    Yeah shit happens, they've kept to their dates until now so fair play. I kind of wish they went for half-yearly patches like CCP do, seems better for everybody.

Is there any actual confirmation that subsequent patches have been pushed back? Just wondering if they were considering combining 2.1 + 2.2 to coincide somewhere around No Man's Sky release date.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited March 2016
    Previous quote was referring to seasons rather than content within this season. Not really relevant at this time.
  • Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    Yeah shit happens, they've kept to their dates until now so fair play. I kind of wish they went for half-yearly patches like CCP do, seems better for everybody.

Is there any actual confirmation that subsequent patches have been pushed back? Just wondering if they were considering combining 2.1 + 2.2 to coincide somewhere around No Man's Sky release date.

No! Oh for the love of God Frontier, don't ever copy CCP!

Frontier - you're doing just fine! Carry on!
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Typical corporate BS and "spin" to make the worse-than-expected financial results look better, lol

How exactly is a delay of ONE aspect of a season pass going to justify the "substantially lower than expected revenue" ?

Are the bulk of their DLC sales really coming from individual purchases rather than from season pass sales ?

This profit warning does not bode well for E:D's future...
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    I like it how Erillion knows how to post "negative" ED news but has never posted anything negative about SC :)

If only EVERYTHING was perfect in ED as it is in SC :(

..Cake..

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    sgel said:
    I like it how Erillion knows how to post "negative" ED news but has never posted anything negative about SC :)

I like it how @sgel completely ignores any good things i post about Elite:Dangerous (like the thread about Alien "Barnacle" Life having been found) just because it does not fit his Star Citizen bashing agenda.

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:

I like it how @sgel completely ignores any good things i post about Elite:Dangerous (like the thread about Alien "Barnacle" Life having been found) just because it does not fit his Star Citizen bashing agenda.

Have fun
    I never said you never posted anything positive about E:D... you've posted a few.
    I was saying you haven't posted anything negative about SC.

Continue pretending you can't read a simple post though as long as it fits your agenda.

..Cake..

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    I love Frontier and how they do things

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

sgel said:
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:

Have fun
    I never said you never posted anything positive about E:D... you've posted a few.

Continue pretending you can't read a simple post though as long as it fits your agenda.
    And again you just ignore anything that does not fit your SC bashing agenda.

I HAVE said here on mmorpg.com  things i do not like about the current version of SC ... like that the crafting system is too far from the Star Wars Galaxies type system i would prefer or that i hate the old head bobbing in SC with a passion .... and cheered when it was recently patched out, as you can see in a recent thread in the SC subforum of this website:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    • Removed much of the helmet and HUD bob that occurred in first-person camera mode.
    YEEESSSSS ! Less head bobbing !  Much appreciated !

Guess too many new VR gear owners vomited on QA  shoes during testing due to motion sickness ....

Have fun

So ... try FOR ONCE to have less of a selective perception of what other forum posters type here.

I like SC and I like Elite - ever since the original in 1984. I like many other space games too, as you can see from many of my posts in the EVE and SWG subforums. If you have a problem with someone being PRO something because you wallow in your CONTRA something mind-set, you may want to try to relax a bit and

Have fun

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    edited March 2016
    Have they said how much each of these 2.x are going to cost? Or are they done parting out their game for more cash?

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

bartoni33 said:
    Have they said how much each of these 2.x are going to cost? Or are they done parting out their game for more cash?
    I hope not.

less talky more worky

SEANMCAD said:
    bartoni33 said:
    I hope not.

less talky more worky
    You want to keep paying for pieces that should be standard in a space sim? I don't see how anyone can be OK with how this game is being rolled out. Full price for space part, small discount for ground part is not cool, I don't care if was stated during the Kickstarter or not.

Whatever I guess because I still think that someday soon they will finally put the 2 together and charge one normal price. But if people are OK with the current gouging and not pitching a fit then maybe not.

But people bitch and whinge about that other space game that gives you a full game for much less than ED. :(

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

bartoni33 said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    bartoni33 said:
    I hope not.

less talky more worky
    You want to keep paying for pieces that should be standard in a space sim? I don't see how anyone can be OK with how this game is being rolled out. Full price for space part, small discount for ground part is not cool, I don't care if was stated during the Kickstarter or not.

Whatever I guess because I still think that someday soon they will finally put the 2 together and charge one normal price. But if people are OK with the current gouging and not pitching a fit then maybe not.

But people bitch and whinge about that other space game that gives you a full game for much less than ED. :(
    no...you got me wrong.

less communication with community and more just make cool stuff

I am not talking about the policy good or bad I am talking about 'any word...' nope..

best to have no word then one day out of the blue you show off the best VR solution in history. THAT is how you rock

Erillion said:
    sgel said:
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:

Have fun

And again you just ignore anything that does not fit your SC bashing agenda.

I HAVE said here on mmorpg.com  things i do not like about the current version of SC ... like that the crafting system is too far from the Star Wars Galaxies type system i would prefer or that i hate the old head bobbing in SC with a passion .... and cheered when it was recently patched out, as you can see in a recent thread in the SC subforum of this website:

• Removed much of the helmet and HUD bob that occurred in first-person camera mode.
    YEEESSSSS ! Less head bobbing !  Much appreciated !

Guess too many new VR gear owners vomited on QA  shoes during testing due to motion sickness ....

Have fun

So ... try FOR ONCE to have less of a selective perception of what other forum posters type here.

I like SC and I like Elite - ever since the original in 1984. I like many other space games too, as you can see from many of my posts in the EVE and SWG subforums. If you have a problem with someone being PRO something because you wallow in your CONTRA something mind-set, you may want to try to relax a bit and

Have fun

I love that example you brought up as a negative post.
    I stand corrected.
    It completely nullifies your constant, daily, aggressive white knight posting.

..Cake..

• TheYear1500TheYear1500 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Typical corporate BS and "spin" to make the worse-than-expected financial results look better, lol

How exactly is a delay of ONE aspect of a season pass going to justify the "substantially lower than expected revenue" ?

Are the bulk of their DLC sales really coming from individual purchases rather than from season pass sales ?

This profit warning does not bode well for E:D's future...
    Actually, because Horizons is in EA, its sales are deferred until it releases, this is the reason for the worse then expected financials.   
    bartoni33 said:
    They are included in the price of Horizons or in some cases the base game.  They have never parted out their game for more cash.  
    bartoni33 said:
    They are included in the price of Horizons or in some cases the base game.  They have never parted out their game for more cash.  
    Uhh yes they have. Why did you have to pay for Horizons then? You forget already?

edited March 2016
    bartoni33 said:
    bartoni33 said:
    Uhh yes they have. Why did you have to pay for Horizons then? You forget already?
    Nope they have not.  You said they parted the game out, that didn't happen.  Anything else you want to make up?  

Horizons was an expansion that added to the base game, just like Frontier said they would do.  
    bartoni33 said:
    bartoni33 said:
    Nope they have not.  You said they parted the game out, that didn't happen.  Anything else you want to make up?  

Horizons was an expansion that added to the base game, just like Frontier said they would do.  
    Of course it was parted out. You don't advertise a game with full space and ground aspects then charge separately for them and not say it's not parted out for cash, whether they announced it before hand or not.

Nevermind. I remember why I had you on ignore now. I know how Brenics feels when talking to Erillion now!

edited March 2016
    bartoni33 said:
    bartoni33 said:
    bartoni33 said:

Of course it was parted out. You don't advertise a game with full space and ground aspects then charge separately for them and not say it's not parted out for cash, whether they announced it before hand or not.

Nevermind. I remember why I had you on ignore now. I know how Brenics feels when talking to Erillion now!
    Ah but that never happened.  They didn't advertise the game with ground aspects, from the kickstarter. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous

It was stated that ground aspects would in fact be part of paid expansions.   So again, do you have any evidence that anything was parted out to be sold latter?   

If you had me on ignore you could not have read my response.  But if you don't want to know the truth then go ahead and ignore it.  Everyone else knows that you are presenting misinformation.  
  • Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    Storm in a teacup. The overall trajectory of Elite Dangerous and Frontier is looking alright.

The fundamentals are in place, which is no mean achievement.

>>>

I am delighted to announce The Engineers (Elite Dangerous 2.1) will be available to players with beta access in the week ending 8th May."

David Braben

>>>

https://community.elitedangerous.com/theengineersbetadate

Release for all players will be a few weeks after 8th May (after Beta is done).

Have fun