Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will there be open beta or even friend pass for Overwatch ?

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
Blizzard arrogance is killing me.

Do they again want to release a game with no way of trying it before you buy it ?

Comments

• sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    maybe actually go to the Overwatch web site next time. . .

but to answer your question, yes there will be an open beta in May.

But methinks this is not about overwatch at all. . .
  • NecroneusNecroneus Member UncommonPosts: 52
    edited April 2016
    sayuu said:
    Well said.

His arrogance is killing me... With laughs of misinformation and ignorance.
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    sayuu said:
    maybe actually go to the Overwatch web site next time. . .

but to answer your question, yes there will be an open beta in May.

Well said, well said ...

Well said. I kind of hate Blizzard.
    But Overwatch looks like something I want to play.

Problem is that with competitive multiplayer games its all about feel of gameplay. And you can not know it if you yurself dont play

• IwayloIwaylo Member UncommonPosts: 174
    That open beta gonna be so short im inclined to answer to OPs question with NO.
    Iwaylo said:
    That open beta gonna be so short im inclined to answer to OPs question with NO.
    Yea. Very short.
    Enough for them to get people hooked, without them realizing the game might get repetitive fast.

But its ok, at least we can get some feel for the game...
    Better than nothing I guess ...

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Do they again want to release a game with no way of trying it before you buy it ?

As said before, there will be a short open beta.

Secondly, they *can* be arrogance. Every game they release is a hit (except may be HoTS). You don't have to buy Overwatch. I doubt Blizz will miss much of your business. 
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

As said before, there will be a short open beta.

Secondly, they *can* be arrogance. Every game they release is a hit (except may be HoTS). You don't have to buy Overwatch. I doubt Blizz will miss much of your business. 

With his attitude towards the company he will be the first to whine about the slightest stuff...so I think you are right they will not miss him if he does not play.
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    Blizzard can be arrogant as they want. I mean, it's sad but it is true. 
  • Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962

You are aware the point of a beta is to help find issues with a game not "try it before you buy it".  There is a word I could use for you but don't feel like getting slapped by the mods here. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

You are aware the point of a beta is to help find issues with a game not "try it before you buy it".  There is a word I could use for you but don't feel like getting slapped by the mods here. 
    Cmon, the classic definition of beta went out years ago along with...MMO I suppose.

This will clearly be a marketing focused beta even if they toss in some stress testing.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:

Cmon, the classic definition of beta went out years ago along with...MMO I suppose.

This will clearly be a marketing focused beta even if they toss in some stress testing.
    Yeah for sure. Betas are the new Demos. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Kyleran said:
    snip
    snip
    snip
    Agreed. Open Beta is release and Early Access is "Well maybe we will finish it....one day"
    You forgot to add "Well maybe we will finish it....one day if you give us more money!"
  • johndoepjohndoep Member UncommonPosts: 71
    FYI for anyone still watching this thread:

Overwatch will be free to play for May 5-9
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Nice one Blizzard is offering early access open beta.  Now I've heard it all.
    Are you onto something or just on something?