Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could describe BDO in one word, what would you choose?

1234568»

Comments

• DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384

Yep , in other words a bunch "Deep" systems or hidden mini games/grinds . Thanks.

Don t forget afk fishing and looping. So deep there.

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Physics (IYKWIM)

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • DeVoDeVoDeVoDeVo Member UncommonPosts: 106
    gankbait
  • gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Massive

Hodor!

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 814
    Deltois said:
    Explain the depth of it to me then.
    Just saw this.

Random thoughts not organized off the top of my head.

Involved storyline with NPCs that have motivations that are based on said storyline.

A conversation system that is based off this and your relationship to them based on your knowledge affects your potential success rate.

NPCs that are random and appear or disappear based on conditions such as time of day.

Day and night (true night) cycle with the best weather system ever seen in an MMORPG.

Evolving cities based on player interaction and completions. 

Crossroads Quests that chain into other quests and storylines.  Fishing hotspots with hundreds of different fish to catch for achievement hunters. 

Thousands of quests where many only show themselves when certain conditions are met.  Many of these quests can be found in areas where you were before.  None of this clear a zone and move on gameplay.

Node connections to unlock to build out with resources and workers to gain more materials to craft.  

Trade route system based on node unlocks and value of trade managers sales based on how many players sold to said NPC at a certain time.  Keeps players on their toes to keep looking for the best Trade Manager deals.

Places to unlock that give you different options based on what you want to craft.  A system that strongly encourages alts to build up more contribution and energy. 

An involved guild system (that's not fully functional yet) that pays members for contribution with contracts in performance reviews. 

Huge content updates that increase land mass for more exploring. 

Systems within the game that encourage exploring through the massive knowledge (achievements) that can be unlocked. 

Most NPCs you talk to have an involved story and place in the world. 

The buildings can be entered and explored and contribute to the story as well in many cases further enhances exploration reward. 

An involved combat system that can push skill for those that want that kind of game play. 

A housing system to build up for investment banking opportunities. 

Detailed settlements and cities (calpheon being downright massive one of the biggest cities ever in an MMORPG) that further encourage exploration yet again. 

Energy system which puts limits on crafting which encourages people to buy things from Marketplace to save their own energy to craft.  IE- making distilled water has value to alchemist as an example.

A horse catching and breeding system.

Hundreds over different kind of fish you can catch based on location and hotspots.

To come: GvG siege wars.  Territory control.

But believe what you want.  I'll let reality speak for itself.
    Good list, but there is more as well.  Guild housing that allows you to tame elephants and then breed them to tow seige equipment.  Ah hell, taming horses in the wild and then breeding them for higher tier horses alone is a good example of just one system and the depth of it.

Just take a glance at this guide if you don't think Black Desert has deep systems.

http://black-desert.com/forums/blog/index.php/Entry/31-Extensive-Horse-Breeding-Guide/

• Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Deltois said:
    Explain the depth of it to me then.
    Just saw this.

Random thoughts not organized off the top of my head.

Involved storyline with NPCs that have motivations that are based on said storyline.

A conversation system that is based off this and your relationship to them based on your knowledge affects your potential success rate.

NPCs that are random and appear or disappear based on conditions such as time of day.

Day and night (true night) cycle with the best weather system ever seen in an MMORPG.

Evolving cities based on player interaction and completions. 

Crossroads Quests that chain into other quests and storylines.  Fishing hotspots with hundreds of different fish to catch for achievement hunters. 

Thousands of quests where many only show themselves when certain conditions are met.  Many of these quests can be found in areas where you were before.  None of this clear a zone and move on gameplay.

Node connections to unlock to build out with resources and workers to gain more materials to craft.  

Trade route system based on node unlocks and value of trade managers sales based on how many players sold to said NPC at a certain time.  Keeps players on their toes to keep looking for the best Trade Manager deals.

Places to unlock that give you different options based on what you want to craft.  A system that strongly encourages alts to build up more contribution and energy. 

An involved guild system (that's not fully functional yet) that pays members for contribution with contracts in performance reviews. 

Huge content updates that increase land mass for more exploring. 

Systems within the game that encourage exploring through the massive knowledge (achievements) that can be unlocked. 

Most NPCs you talk to have an involved story and place in the world. 

The buildings can be entered and explored and contribute to the story as well in many cases further enhances exploration reward. 

An involved combat system that can push skill for those that want that kind of game play. 

A housing system to build up for investment banking opportunities. 

Detailed settlements and cities (calpheon being downright massive one of the biggest cities ever in an MMORPG) that further encourage exploration yet again. 

Energy system which puts limits on crafting which encourages people to buy things from Marketplace to save their own energy to craft.  IE- making distilled water has value to alchemist as an example.

A horse catching and breeding system.

Hundreds over different kind of fish you can catch based on location and hotspots.

To come: GvG siege wars.  Territory control.

But believe what you want.  I'll let reality speak for itself.
    Spot on. Anyone who doesn't see the depth can't have played much of it because I've played 200 hours and only just scratched the surface.

Remember people, it's a $30 game with no sub so even if it was shallow,there enough to do to justify your one off payment.

All the while people are subbing in WoW I'll never understand it. For what exactly?
  • PurplePoloPlayerPurplePoloPlayer Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Addictive

I haven't been this engrossed in an MMO since DAoC and EVE 
    Check out my stream at www.twitch.tv/purplepoloplayer!
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,103
    Blah
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Fun

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• IG_ScarletIG_Scarlet Member UncommonPosts: 23
  • lunawisplunawisp Member UncommonPosts: 184
    edited April 2016
    Unplayable

Because I can't stay connected long enough to actually get into the game and start enjoying it. DAUM are strangely silent on the dc issues that people are having.
    lunawisp was my peacebringer in City of Heroes. She lives on, in memory, as my gaming id
  • VardahothVardahoth Member RarePosts: 1,472
    edited April 2016
    Shame

The game could have been great, but the perma forced rng with pay 2 win slippery slope ruined it.

I Quit.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/436845/page/1 -> http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/436845/what-killed-mmorpgs-for-you/p1

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2316034
    Retired Gamer: all MMORPG's have been destroyed by big business, marketing of false promises, unprofessional game makers, and a generation of "I WIN and GIVE ME NOW" (brought to you by pokeman).

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    lunawisp said:
    Unplayable

Because I can't stay connected long enough to actually get into the game and start enjoying it. DAUM are strangely silent on the dc issues that people are having.
    Yeah...I'm sure it's them

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Fishing and horse breeding

Fish and horse

fishhorse?

horsefish?
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Well from the first 2 pages of comments I seen, I am of the opinion that in general it's binary.  Like some have mention before you'll either love it or loath it.  Me, I'll pass.

• LoveRemovalMachineLoveRemovalMachine Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Buy2AFK
    We are always in a race what our intelligence can do for us and what our intelligence does to us.

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246
    EPIC
  • RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    p2wincosmetic
  • PpiperPpiper Member RarePosts: 1,031
    unengaging
  • rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 687
    failure

• lunawisplunawisp Member UncommonPosts: 184
    lunawisp said:
    Unplayable

Don't have that problem with any other game I play and there are plenty of others with the same issue posting in the official forums. While it's very common for companies to always point at their customers when things go wrong, I've found that the problems are nearly always at the server.
    lunawisp was my peacebringer in City of Heroes. She lives on, in memory, as my gaming id
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 798
    lunawisp said:
    lunawisp said:
    Unplayable

Don't have that problem with any other game I play and there are plenty of others with the same issue posting in the official forums. While it's very common for companies to always point at their customers when things go wrong, I've found that the problems are nearly always at the server.
    If it was the server, then a lot of people would be having DC issues.  I don't mean ten or twenty people even.  I mean thousands of people would be having issues.  'Maybe' it's your ISP or region you live in, but it's not their server. 
  • MyNameIsVMyNameIsV Member UncommonPosts: 58
    edited April 2016
    GREED

Pure and simple. Daum gave us a hackers dream of a game, with no bans or punishments being doled out, and charged us insane prices for costumes and convenience. 

$1 per inventory slot expansion is ridiculous, AND ITS NOT EVEN ACCOUNT BOUND. You spend one dollar per character per inventory slot. OOOF. Pure greed.