Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My first smart stint last night.

SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562

So last night I only got a small time to play and was interested in Supply drops. I load into DZ2 and walk out of the safe house. I only had about 1 hour to play before I had to hit the sack for an early morning. I come upon a named elite and face melt his group. I feel like the update was a small dps boost it seems, doing around 120k. crazy that some gold droped and I got excited. So I ran off into a corner of the DZ map to stop and safely look at my High End lewt. When suddenly I get a supply drop warning and look to my left I am surrounded in a corner with gold elites and the supply drop. I popped turtle(survivor link and sprayed bullets with my vector. needless to say I killed everyone and took the supply drop right at the second a wave of Agents rushed upon the scene. luckily They decided to leave me be, a guy who solo'd a albeit easy supply drop. pretty awesome. airlifted out 9 yellows. seems like the drop like candy. 

Comments

• heerobyaheerobya Member UncommonPosts: 465
    Yeah you'll find a lot of 164 lvl HE drops, a lot!

You'll quickly be on the lookout for nothing but 182 drops, requiring you to be in DZ 5 or 6.

Then you'll find yourself min/maxing 182 drops, and looking to the horizon with 204 drops and crafted pieces, and sets!

But yes, DZ was a LOT of fun last night. A lot more fun than Incursions. My God that was a horrible experience. Such a piss-poor design, does NOT bode well for the future of Division PVE content...
  • Cramit845Cramit845 Member UncommonPosts: 395
    I'll certainly agree that yellows drop like nothing now.  Seems they turned yellows into the same previous drop rate of purples, to the point that you see a bunch.  Although I still mainly see blues in the DZ and purple and yellows only drop from named bosses and mini bosses.

I will say my experience in the DZ with the mobs is a bit different but that could mean I just need more work on my build.  Although as someone who hasn't been using SMG's most of the time, cause I hate it when one type of gun is more powerful than all the rest, I find the DZ a bit more difficult.  I swear I was being downed so much more often last night than in the past couple weeks.  Was really frustrating.

I think so far this patch just extends the grind by the changes in crafting mats and conversions and just makes yellows as common as purples when fighting mobs.  I am enjoying the gear score as it does help figure some things out quicker but I think the other stuff is a bit more important at this point.  The crafting nerf hits pretty hard but glad I did my conversions the night before.
  • SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562
    Mt gear score is @ 165 because of last night. although I can't seem to unequip mods off my purple gear...?