Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFGame, ready to try something new

SyanisSyanis Member UncommonPosts: 140
I'm an ancient school gamer, you know those guys talking about how old UO, EQ1 classic, WoW classic, DAoC classic, and EQ2 classic were like the best ever. That is the sort I want but finally accepting those games are long gone never to return.

So here I am looking for something with a trial (I don't mind a sub or buying a game as long as can try first) that is newer with newer graphics. I like the rpg style with many seperate class's (I like my alts), decent server population, preferably at least some group content before end game (I hate soloing but sadly its all there is these days).

I really didn't like Tera (questing felt so dull and empty and just hit lvl 10 in like 45 mins and rarely can get the launcher to work) and Tera's combat system just felt slow and awkward. Wildstar I tried in beta but was just *meh* but as its gone f2p I *might* get desperate to try it again... maybe.

On me. I'm into PvE, can't really care about PvP but I did love DAoC's rvr system but no interest in something like Camelot Unchained that is pure pvp. I do NOT do P2W games or games that are huge cash shop hounds. Put some looks there but to be on par in game I shouldn't need to drop money in a cash shop. Let me pay a sub instead. I like the story in SW:TOR but once do it all its *meh*. Rift was fun for awhile but also gets boring and empty feeling inside. FFXIV:ARR was fun but with alts being useless at a point its just nonstop raiding and then sit around and wait for resets. I also like raiding but don't want it to be something that feels like if I don't have 50ms ping I'm dead like ffxiv:arr). The journey however is important to me, I want to feel some immersion / storyline rather then *omg my dog ran away, please kill 10 rats, rat bosses. rat masters, rat gods) until max level.... which is where you fight the rat dragon of course...

Not sure what to say beyond that because what I really want isn't there and not likely coming. I need to find something new that I can get involved in. Ohh and please, not interested in something many years old already. EQ2:TLE, wow classic server, and so on just won't do me anymore.

Comments

• KatabelleKatabelle Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Hmmm a trial. Well I would say FF, but you already tried that. I didn't like FFIV as well.
    Have you tried BDO, Black Desert Online? You may not like it, there are no dungeons just bosses.
    Archeage is a bit Pay 2 Win but I would try it because its free. 

Guild Wars 2 I don't think has a trial, but honestly, if you're oriented toward classic MMOs and are an altoholic like me, I really like GW2, its well balanced and the questing system is unique.
  • Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    I wish I had a suggestion but I'll give you a bump instead & wish you good luck.
    -Chuckles
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SyanisSyanis Member UncommonPosts: 140
    edited April 2016
    Katabelle said:
    Hmmm a trial. Well I would say FF, but you already tried that. I didn't like FFIV as well.
    Have you tried BDO, Black Desert Online? You may not like it, there are no dungeons just bosses.
    Archeage is a bit Pay 2 Win but I would try it because its free. 

Guild Wars 2 I don't think has a trial, but honestly, if you're oriented toward classic MMOs and are an altoholic like me, I really like GW2, its well balanced and the questing system is unique.

I looked into BDO and even tried to sign up but problem is I'm in the Philippines so can't access the game on NA servers which pretty much kill it for me. I'm an American living overseas and I have NO interest in playing an MMORPG with the local Asian market especially as can't understand them. They are also strict on banning vpn's and such as well have been told.

Also GW2's combat system just isn't for me.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    It's quite a mess...
    So basically a newer game, with trial and a sub option, minimal weight of ingame store (or none at all) for subscribers, lots of classes, decent pop, group content and good raids.
    Rift or GW2 are good so far, but you say Rift is boring and GW2's combat is not for you.

Then an important one (which would rule out the two above anyways due to their weak story :wink: ), a good journey and immersion. TOR has cool ones, but it's done already, FF XIV the same.

Maybe TSW? Not an altoholist game, but "classes" are endless, and you get all in one character. The other points are fit. Worst case scenario you play through the story like in TOR, and then make a new thread :wink: (however finding a buddy key could be tough, until they figure out what do they want with the system post- membership upgrade times)
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Po_gg said:

Maybe TSW? Not an altoholist game, but "classes" are endless, and you get all in one character. The other points are fit. Worst case scenario you play through the story like in TOR, and then make a new thread :wink: (however finding a buddy key could be tough, until they figure out what do they want with the system post- membership upgrade times)
    TSW sounds like the answer to me.  There really aren't a ton of options for the stringent demands mentioned in the OP.

If nothing else, TSW will be a completely different setting and atmosphere and be something new for you.