Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How well do you think Bless Online will do?

124»

Comments

  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,019
    edited April 2016
    Asm0deus said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Looked at gameplay videos of both Bless and Moonlight Blade and found the graphics to be nicer in Bless.  The water seemed to look better and in moonlight blade the characters look very "barbie girl" and plastic.

    Another thing the combat looked like it would be tougher in Bless than in moonlight were you seem to be able to mass murder 30 or 50 npc at a time though the combat seemed smoother and less jerky in Moonlight.

    Not sure how I feel about the rumor that Daum will be the ones bringing Bless Online to NA considering the bloated cash shop prices in BDO.
    Bless is not that easy , i was expecting it to be like BDO where as long as your not underleveled the monsters just stack and die.

    Bless you will die if you try to pull a bunch of mobs. They hit hard , and at least at lower levels you dont haave much AOE. 

    Also as i said earrlier , the dungeons have mechanics. Not WOW level , but better than 90% of games. 


    Indeed which is what I said, did you get confused?  I said its in moonlight that you can pull huge packs of mobs.

    I am not saying tougher is a negative mind you. 

    I do think the combat looks smoother in moonlight though, what I saw in gameplay videos it looks more  "jerky" in bless..as in movement looks kind of stiff while your fighting.
    yeha this is a problem , the animations can be improved , if they do that , it will be a much better game

    Neowiz has said they will improve the combat , we dont have a timeline though
    Cool that good to know, I am really liking the look, more european style buildings and the like and the fact that it looks completely open world.  I hope they keep it that way so you can go anywhere even on mountains and the like.

    One thing I didn't see in the video is what happens when you reach the sea? Can you try and swim to that northern icy continent or walls or eaten by sharks?...lol

    Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.





  • aim4theheadxaim4theheadx Member UncommonPosts: 14
    edited April 2016
    Asm0deus said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Looked at gameplay videos of both Bless and Moonlight Blade and found the graphics to be nicer in Bless.  The water seemed to look better and in moonlight blade the characters look very "barbie girl" and plastic.

    Another thing the combat looked like it would be tougher in Bless than in moonlight were you seem to be able to mass murder 30 or 50 npc at a time though the combat seemed smoother and less jerky in Moonlight.

    Not sure how I feel about the rumor that Daum will be the ones bringing Bless Online to NA considering the bloated cash shop prices in BDO.
    Bless is not that easy , i was expecting it to be like BDO where as long as your not underleveled the monsters just stack and die.

    Bless you will die if you try to pull a bunch of mobs. They hit hard , and at least at lower levels you dont haave much AOE. 

    Also as i said earrlier , the dungeons have mechanics. Not WOW level , but better than 90% of games. 


    Indeed which is what I said, did you get confused?  I said its in moonlight that you can pull huge packs of mobs.

    I am not saying tougher is a negative mind you. 

    I do think the combat looks smoother in moonlight though, what I saw in gameplay videos it looks more  "jerky" in bless..as in movement looks kind of stiff while your fighting.
    yeha this is a problem , the animations can be improved , if they do that , it will be a much better game

    Neowiz has said they will improve the combat , we dont have a timeline though
    Cool that good to know, I am really liking the look, more european style buildings and the like and the fact that it looks completely open world.  I hope they keep it that way so you can go anywhere even on mountains and the like.

    One thing I didn't see in the video is what happens when you reach the sea? Can you try and swim to that northern icy continent or walls or eaten by sharks?...lol
    You can swim , i havent tried swimming far but i assume theres like sharks or invisible walls.

    The game is completely open world , but uses phasing at certain points , it is seamless though , you gett used to it. No loading screens. The world is already massive and they've announced a new area being released this month. 

    As far as going on mountains , the only way to do that is with a flying mount , you cant skyrim climb mountains. The flying mounts are obtained from contested world bosses and only last 7 days.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited April 2016
    Cname said:
    Wizardry said:
    The proof that gaming has been horrible is that people are buying every single new game that comes out..
    If your logic is correct than things will never improve - since developers will be better off financially by continue to make horrible games :p
    EXACTLY what is happening,nobody is pushing the other developers,they all deliver pretty much the same at the top of the food chain and down below they have no choice but deliver to their small budget.

    It is ALWAYS the top dogs that push the market and right now i only see FFXV in the RPG genre but nothing in the mmorpg genre.There are quite a few decent games in the single player action type games,no i am not talking about ARPG's like Diablo lmao,those are like junkware to me.
    That does not mean we won't see the odd gem highly polished gem pop up every 5-10 years,this has been the trend over the last 30 years,we just won't see it across the board as the market is far too flooded with tons of crap and low budget developers.

    Perfect example,look at Hearthsone,they make 20 million a month,well where is the MULTIPLAYER?MTG the tcg that started it all had MP years ago with half the budget that Blizzard makes but nobody is pushing Blizzard to perform better and with everyone giving them money so easily why would they improve?

    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 13,405
    Wizardry said:
    Cname said:
    Wizardry said:
    The proof that gaming has been horrible is that people are buying every single new game that comes out..
    If your logic is correct than things will never improve - since developers will be better off financially by continue to make horrible games :p
    EXACTLY what is happening,nobody is pushing the other developers,they all deliver pretty much the same at the top of the food chain and down below they have no choice but deliver to their small budget.

    It is ALWAYS the top dogs that push the market and right now i only see FFXV in the RPG genre but nothing in the mmorpg genre.There are quite a few decent games in the single player action type games,no i am not talking about ARPG's like Diablo lmao,those are like junkware to me.
    Ouch! Well I love me some Junkware =)

    거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다












  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,972
    Moderately to Poorly.

    Joined - July 2004

  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,626
    edited April 2016
    If it's another one that tries to encourage pve players to suddenly like open world pvp - then it will go the way of all the other 'this one will manage it!' mmos - and quickly subside to a niche somewhere, jostling with all the other Eastern mmos thrown over.

    If they really wanted to have a large continuous player base, they'd adapt their games more to western preferences. But no, get the base game, just add in a translate, add in a buy fee, work out how high they can raise cash shop prices - then launch the thing as the next mmo holy grail.

    Then issue content as evidence they are working hard to support the game, when in truth it's just catch up items the east has had for ages, then.......the slow down, as players realize the hollowness of what they've got and drain away.

    By then the company has made its bucks - so move one with another import - rinse and repeat.


  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,019
    Asm0deus said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Looked at gameplay videos of both Bless and Moonlight Blade and found the graphics to be nicer in Bless.  The water seemed to look better and in moonlight blade the characters look very "barbie girl" and plastic.

    Another thing the combat looked like it would be tougher in Bless than in moonlight were you seem to be able to mass murder 30 or 50 npc at a time though the combat seemed smoother and less jerky in Moonlight.

    Not sure how I feel about the rumor that Daum will be the ones bringing Bless Online to NA considering the bloated cash shop prices in BDO.
    Bless is not that easy , i was expecting it to be like BDO where as long as your not underleveled the monsters just stack and die.

    Bless you will die if you try to pull a bunch of mobs. They hit hard , and at least at lower levels you dont haave much AOE. 

    Also as i said earrlier , the dungeons have mechanics. Not WOW level , but better than 90% of games. 


    Indeed which is what I said, did you get confused?  I said its in moonlight that you can pull huge packs of mobs.

    I am not saying tougher is a negative mind you. 

    I do think the combat looks smoother in moonlight though, what I saw in gameplay videos it looks more  "jerky" in bless..as in movement looks kind of stiff while your fighting.
    yeha this is a problem , the animations can be improved , if they do that , it will be a much better game

    Neowiz has said they will improve the combat , we dont have a timeline though
    Cool that good to know, I am really liking the look, more european style buildings and the like and the fact that it looks completely open world.  I hope they keep it that way so you can go anywhere even on mountains and the like.

    One thing I didn't see in the video is what happens when you reach the sea? Can you try and swim to that northern icy continent or walls or eaten by sharks?...lol
    You can swim , i havent tried swimming far but i assume theres like sharks or invisible walls.

    The game is completely open world , but uses phasing at certain points , it is seamless though , you gett used to it. No loading screens. The world is already massive and they've announced a new area being released this month. 

    As far as going on mountains , the only way to do that is with a flying mount , you cant skyrim climb mountains. The flying mounts are obtained from contested world bosses and only last 7 days.
    Are you certain about the mountain climbing thing?   That video on page two of this thread, around the 8-9min mark shows the streamer running around the mountain tops and pretty sure he didn't use any mounts to get there.

    Was this something that was changed after that video?

    Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.





  • aim4theheadxaim4theheadx Member UncommonPosts: 14
    edited April 2016
    JudgeUK said:
    If it's another one that tries to encourage pve players to suddenly like open world pvp - then it will go the way of all the other 'this one will manage it!' mmos - and quickly subside to a niche somewhere, jostling with all the other Eastern mmos thrown over.

    If they really wanted to have a large continuous player base, they'd adapt their games more to western preferences. But no, get the base game, just add in a translate, add in a buy fee, work out how high they can raise cash shop prices - then launch the thing as the next mmo holy grail.

    Then issue content as evidence they are working hard to support the game, when in truth it's just catch up items the east has had for ages, then.......the slow down, as players realize the hollowness of what they've got and drain away.

    By then the company has made its bucks - so move one with another import - rinse and repeat.


    I think its a myth that western players dont like open world PVP , sure there are alot of people who rage when they get ganked. But there are just as many failed big budget games with strong PVE , look at wildstar. Id argue even Archeage had a stronger run than Wildstar. 

    Then look at games like L2 and DOAC , Open world PVP can do amazing in the west , just has to be fun. Noone is asking PVE players to play any of these games , youguys have a great game in FF14. Stop trying to turn every game into your kind of game. Consensual PVP isnt a westtern preference , its YOUR preference which is fine. But don't speak for the community when clearly there are alot of people who like PVP focused games. BDO wouldnt have sold 400k copies in a month with no end game PVE if there wasnt an audience. Archeage wouldnt have had 3 hour long queue times the first month.  


    The good thing about bless is while you can't avoid PVP (other than a 10 minute potion that has a 60m cooldown) there is plenty  of good PVE content. This is where it can seperate itself from BDO and AA , so players who like both have enough content to do when they dont feel pvping. PVE players will never like this game , and they arent trying to make you like it. Square Enix has you guys covered for now with a very good game. 


    If you dont like open world PVP at all this wont be the game for you , but if you can deal with the occasional gank i assure you ive never played an Eastern MMO with dungeon mechanics this solid. Thats just the five -man dungeons that are in the game now , theyve announced a new end game dungeon for next month , and a raid for the end of this year.

    They arent trrying too make PVP the main ad only content like other eastern MMO's , they are actively developing the PVE aspect and what they have already is decently challenging. 
Sign In or Register to comment.