Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horizons will prevail

Well I figured I would share my impressions after playing for the first 12 hours of the day. I fully enjoyed myself playing this game and am very happy with it so far, and I havent even been off the beginners island! I will admit there are a lot of issues that need to be fixed, but nothing I can see being a problem chronicly. As for all you naysayers out there that hate the combat system, I actually found it quite enjoyable. Especially being able to play a warrior and have some other abiliities other than just hacking away. It was a blast. Im going to bed now for a few hours, only to get up on my day off tomorrow and play for another 12 hours. If any of you are on the Shadow server, look for Vanguard MacLeod, and say hi.

See yalls later!

John - "Looks like your going to have to close it yourself, SHITTY!!!!"

Comments

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

I totally agree with you. It is fun, but buggy.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975

It's good to hear some objective opinions that aren't about bashing or mindless plugs.  Thanks guys.

-Brihtwulf

"Ain't no mystical energy field controls my destiny!"

• AmericanJoeAmericanJoe Member Posts: 29

UGH!! I would truely like to play this game considering i have been watching it for over a year, but damn I don't want to waste the money. I played EnB for awhile( over a year ) and tmostly enjoyed it, I tried anarcy online and hated it.  I don't really mind bugs as long as they get fixed eventually, know what i mean. I will keep watching all of your guys input maybe that will swade me to but it :)

Still Waiting for a good MMORPG!!!

Peg Bundy "Al, why don't you ever buy me flowers?"
    Al Bundy "Cause I don't like ya Peg"

Still Waiting For A Good MMORPG!!!

• ShineyShiney Member Posts: 19

Originally posted by brihtwulf

It's good to hear some objective opinions that aren't about bashing or mindless plugs.  Thanks guys.

-Brihtwulf
    "Ain't no mystical energy field controls my destiny!"

I recommend www.tazoon.com boards

IGN are offcial boards with censure like in good old communist times, not worth to rely on.

Tazoon players post freely, so I suggest to follow it and see what's goinng on ingame (forum general section).

fyi, there was a plot ownership reset on Earth EU server & money rollback for all owners over a certain amount due to the fact of a huge cash farming exploit after 4 days juts.

I am one of those naysayers, played the beta and reading boards for fresh reprots all the day.

But I'm trying to be obejctive here.

Just follow the boards and find all urself.

S.

ps. really skip IGN official forums, tendential moderating and censore rules there

• TarthusTarthus Member Posts: 172
    I've been playing for about a day and a half now, and I really like it.  There are a few bugs but FAR fewer than some other recent releases.  I really like the tradeskill system, too.  Once they fix the problem that's not letting people get past the EULA page on login, I'll be enjoying it again.  image

[email protected]

• Flyingrocky3Flyingrocky3 Member Posts: 2
    I've been trying to get online since last night, but have failed. I am experiencing a problem after the patch that says something about the ddraw.dll file, i dono. I requested help from the tech support and when i got a reply to try something, the damn EULA thing is busted, man i JUST WANT TO PLAY!

• AlethorAlethor Member Posts: 58
    I'm glad to hear a couple more good reviews. Hope to login to the world of Istaria on Friday. Please see my post about meeting up in the game and we can plan something.

Alethor

Alethor

• KBKillerKBKiller Member Posts: 34
    I cant wait to be a dragon.

• quietmonkquietmonk Member Posts: 3

Sorry I have to say... I hate it.  Not the idea or combat system or anything.... It's just SUPER Buggy on my sys.  Tons of texture problems and Major lag now that more people are populating the servers.  Barely playable on my sys.  I run Call of Duty, UT2003, FFXI and SWG with no problems. 

I hope that they can get this stuff fixed before the months up and I have to pay more... Otherwise I'm canceling.  I was really psyched about this game. It was so good conceptually.  I just wish that they would have "released" a better end product. image

• soxxssoxxs Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Update grafic drivers!

Member of The Watch, a euro Horizons guild.
    www.euromage.com

Its a great game. Sometimes you hit lag pockets but not really a big deal. They will patch it up in no time. Also, I recommend 512MB of RAM before you start this. Otherwise you wont be able to handle the graphics.

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• teratyateratya Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Cmon people what did you expect?? NO GAME is perfect on release for the most part. Things are getting fixed, and I expect in a month that this will be running smoothly. I expected this, and dont concern mtself with the bugs. They will be fixed. Why let it ruin your experience. Have fun, learn the game, and make connections. Worry about the bugs if they are not being fixed, and they are.

Right on about the 512 meg of ram. I cant wait to see what this is like on the 3ghz P4 system I am building!

Sounds great. I am sure it will run beautifully.