Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plays.tv: 10 Million Monthly Active Users - MMORPG.com News

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited April 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imagePlays.tv: 10 Million Monthly Active Users - MMORPG.com News

Plays.tv has announced some impressive statistics regarding the growth of its streaming and video platform. Among other things, there are 10 million monthly active users, 4 million active content producers and 1.6 billion minutes of video recorded per month.

Read the full story here

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited April 2016
    I started using it when it first came out. That is impressive how its grown so fast. 

Here is my Plays.TV

Add me plz. =)

http://plays.tv/u/Mikeha
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    edited April 2016
    As a Raptr user this shit has been forced on us for awhile. Myself and others had to petition them to allow us to uninstall this and keep it off (before if you uninstalled it it would reinstall when Raptr updated).

I guess I'm too old/out of touch/not bored enough to watch other people play games.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    2/10, back to youtube
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    It was all good when it was integrated with Raptr. Then recently they disintegrated it from raptr and made an app for this and shit hit the fan, this app crushes pc frequently and even incur blue screen of death....

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

It was all good when it was integrated with Raptr. Then recently they disintegrated it from raptr and made an app for this and shit hit the fan, this app crushes pc frequently and even incur blue screen of death....
    Not sure what you are talking about. It is still integrated into Raptr, trust me. FFS Twitch is integrated into Raptr too. I just want to track how much time I waste a day playing games, I don't want to be an attention whore too! :p

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560

bartoni33 said:

Not sure what you are talking about. It is still integrated into Raptr, trust me. FFS Twitch is integrated into Raptr too. I just want to track how much time I waste a day playing games, I don't want to be an attention whore too! :p

I mean plays.tv is it's own app now, even 2 or 3 months ago it was just a feature in Rpatr app. Now we have to download the app and keep it running for raptr app to capture video, which by the way crushes my games now and at worst blue screen of death...

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

bartoni33 said:

I mean plays.tv is it's own app now, even 2 or 3 months ago it was just a feature in Rpatr app. Now we have to download the app and keep it running for raptr app to capture video, which by the way crushes my games now and at worst blue screen of death...
    Ahh I did not know that being I always uninstall it. You brought up the exact reason I don't have it on my computer. I run a lean, mean rig. Raptr is my only non-essential program running.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited April 2016
    it sucks that they added the game recording to this app instead of keeping it on Raptr(AMD gaming evolve). I dont stream games but i want this app because its the closest thing to shadowplay for AMD users. My current GPU doesn't support recording with this app but eventually i'm upgrading to R9 390 when it drops in price.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Recore said:
    I started using it when it first came out. That is impressive how its grown so fast. 

Here is my Plays.TV

Add me plz. =)

http://plays.tv/u/Mikeha
    Awesome I will add you!

Got it 

SalamanderHam  =)

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    edited April 2016
    Considering play.tv is basically forced onto AMD users I wouldn't say it's impressive at all and many of those hours i'm sure are from users accidentally pressing the record button. I had the stupid thing go into recording from hitting alt+tab for gods sake.

This article might be better poised to state: "AMD users so pissed at play.tv being forced upon them vow to buy Nvidia next gen."
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    bartoni33 said:
    I guess I'm too old/out of touch/not bored enough to watch other people play games.
    Get with the times. Kids now would rather watch other people play video games than play themselves!
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Braindome said:
    Considering play.tv is basically forced onto AMD users I wouldn't say it's impressive at all and many of those hours i'm sure are from users accidentally pressing the record button. I had the stupid thing go into recording from hitting alt+tab for gods sake.

This article might be better poised to state: "AMD users so pissed at play.tv being forced upon them vow to buy Nvidia next gen."
    Pretty much the reason I scoffed when seeing this title. Not hard to get 10 million users when it acts like spyware and creeps onto your computer as part of another program. I first noticed that damn thing when free space on SSD had mysteriously shrunken without me doing anything, and then found out it was recording whatever I happened to be playing. After that it was hasta la vista, play.tv.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    edited April 2016
    bartoni33 said:
    As a Raptr user this shit has been forced on us for awhile. Myself and others had to petition them to allow us to uninstall this and keep it off (before if you uninstalled it it would reinstall when Raptr updated).

Yep, I've uninstalled it as I'm not interested in streaming my gameplay. So the 10 million is very misleading as for the reasons you state as it isn't being used by choice when its basically part of the overall Raptr package and fires up every time you boot up a game.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• Cramit845Cramit845 Member UncommonPosts: 395
    I've actually been using plays.tv for awhile now.  I enjoyed the last iteration of it as it was easy to deal with but the "upgrades" they recently did to it make it a bit more annoying to deal with.  It certainly seems to crash games on load up on occasion but for the most part I haven't had much problems running it.  It's alright for what it does but can certainly be annoying for those that don't have good pc's.