Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LG Game, here is my criteria

rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
edited March 2016 in LFGame
Hello,

im looking for a new MMORPG that should be like this:

- Open World
A world without borders or zoning. You should be able to go everywhere at any level.
I left Wildstar after 5mins becuz i could not jump over the rim.

- Open World Housing
I want a virtual living, building things on a little strip of land inside the game.
Let me build a house or rent an appartment where i can build the interior.

- Factions
At least 3 Faction PvP for areas / land / districts in the game. I like to conquer with my guildmates.

- Open World PvP
It must be possible for the player, to choose, how mean he wants to be. There must be tools present in the game, that give the players a choice on his actions.

- Freedom
Every corner in that game should support the freedom of choice. I strong belive that players can write their own stories while playing the game, as long as there is the tools for it. History in a gameworld should be made by the players actions, not by a scripted construct. When i want to dive down, i should be able to just do that, dive down and drown.

- Skills, gear and classes
I like to progress my toon to anything stronger, but there must be a point, were is "end" with getting your toon better. That should be, when you change your class to get better in those actions. I like the classes in most MMOs and the ideas behind. There should be a complex variety of ways to master.

- Solid Game Mechanics
I dislike all kind of RNG, but i agree its part of life to a certain degree.
Proc chances for i.e. critical hits - thats where the RNG starts already.
While in earlier games the % modifier was small, it is too huge in todays games, that leads to a missbalance btw. Effort & Reward.
This is, when companies introduced the p2w, what even futher distracts you from the idea if having the skill, to win over another player.

- One Server
Instancing is shit. Engineers need to find better ways, to bring us together. How can it be, a supermodern StarCitizen isnt able to bring more then 100 players into a single instance ?! Other games are bit more tricky, they use the client to have a max on rendered players.
Its a challenge, i agree and this is not a must be for a new game. Its a look in the future.

I'll gladly take a look on other games and advise.
Is there anything out there with this kind of open world freedom of choice ?
Is there game where your decisions matter, were you can conquer land in pvp battles as well as farm crops or explore the seabed for treasures and secrets ?

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Closest you will find is EVE, likely now or ever

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Kyleran said:
    Closest you will find is EVE, likely now or ever

Eve is a good example, but i was playing it already for about a half year.
    The reasons i stopped with Eve are simple.

I am a space ship.
    There is no toon to progress, its more kind of a metaprogression.
    You play a virtual meta-something, that appears as a really ugly rendered toon on your station, that can do exacly nothing but sit on chairs and press a button.

Then i found it depressing dark.
    Well, its the Universe, that is dark.
    Where is my Planet to land on and put myself into the sunchair ?

Nontheless, the gamemechanics of Eve are superb, that for sure.
  • IwayloIwaylo Member UncommonPosts: 174
    ArcheAge if they didnt ruin it.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    If you liked EVE except that you don't like being a spaceship, then you could give Uncharted Waters Online a go.  It doesn't check all of your boxes, but it's pretty open-ended, so you might like it.
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    If you won't play EvE, WurmOnline hits more of those marks than most any other MMO will.    You could toss Haven and Hearth there too(but they do server resets eventually).

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• joojoo1975joojoo1975 Member UncommonPosts: 275
    tried quoting, that's all fubared.

Wurmonline fits A LOT of what you want.  only problem with wurm online is there is hardly no pop.  I have a char and i play it still from time to time.  but dont take me advice, you can ftp it to see if its a fit, though to get anywhere in that game you will have to goto prem.

Haven and hearth, another thing thats right up your alley, though it used to be a cesspoole of trolls and griefers.  with the new world they changed damn near everything and tried a sub model, though it didnt go to well.  so now they back to FTP and with that i believe the BOTS have taken over, but once again dont take my advice, take a look for yourself.

To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    rawfox said:
    Hello,

im looking for a new MMORPG that should be like this:

- Open World
    A world without borders or zoning. You should be able to go everywhere at any level.
    I left Wildstar after 5mins becuz i could not jump over the rim.

- Open World Housing
    I want a virtual living, building things on a little strip of land inside the game.
    Let me build a house or rent an appartment where i can build the interior.

- Factions
    At least 3 Faction PvP for areas / land / districts in the game. I like to conquer with my guildmates.

- Open World PvP
    It must be possible for the player, to choose, how mean he wants to be. There must be tools present in the game, that give the players a choice on his actions.

- Freedom
    Every corner in that game should support the freedom of choice. I strong belive that players can write their own stories while playing the game, as long as there is the tools for it. History in a gameworld should be made by the players actions, not by a scripted construct. When i want to dive down, i should be able to just do that, dive down and drown.

- Skills, gear and classes
    I like to progress my toon to anything stronger, but there must be a point, were is "end" with getting your toon better. That should be, when you change your class to get better in those actions. I like the classes in most MMOs and the ideas behind. There should be a complex variety of ways to master.

- Solid Game Mechanics
    I dislike all kind of RNG, but i agree its part of life to a certain degree.
    Proc chances for i.e. critical hits - thats where the RNG starts already.
    While in earlier games the % modifier was small, it is too huge in todays games, that leads to a missbalance btw. Effort & Reward.
    This is, when companies introduced the p2w, what even futher distracts you from the idea if having the skill, to win over another player.

- One Server
    Instancing is shit. Engineers need to find better ways, to bring us together. How can it be, a supermodern StarCitizen isnt able to bring more then 100 players into a single instance ?! Other games are bit more tricky, they use the client to have a max on rendered players.
    Its a challenge, i agree and this is not a must be for a new game. Its a look in the future.

I'll gladly take a look on other games and advise.
    Is there anything out there with this kind of open world freedom of choice ?
    Is there game where your decisions matter, were you can conquer land in pvp battles as well as farm crops or explore the seabed for treasures and secrets ?

UO
  • SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    Other than the factions part...
    EvE as suggested (Factions are kind of there but not the core of the game.),
    Darkfall (Pick your flavor, two remakes of the original coming over the next couple years, and the currently active Unholy Wars. There aren't really classes, but skill combinations can emulate such, we'll call this "limited action set"),
    ArchAge (Never played this one, don't have any details, but it is open world pvp etc),
     Elder Scrolls Online (Definitely has factions, the lacking of your criteria is open world pvp, while it exists it isn't open world but a specific zone.)

These are ones off the top of my head that are currently released. 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Other than the factions part...
    EvE as suggested (Factions are kind of there but not the core of the game.),
    Darkfall (Pick your flavor, two remakes of the original coming over the next couple years, and the currently active Unholy Wars. There aren't really classes, but skill combinations can emulate such, we'll call this "limited action set"),
    ArchAge (Never played this one, don't have any details, but it is open world pvp etc),
     Elder Scrolls Online (Definitely has factions, the lacking of your criteria is open world pvp, while it exists it isn't open world but a specific zone.)

These are ones off the top of my head that are currently released. 
    yea .at this pint it may be worth waiting for 1 of the 2 new rendidtion of Darkfall, im waiting for Darkfall Dawn
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Sorry, but the new part is pretty impossible there. Few games today are without zones so we are already failing the first thing. Add one server to it and You can basically choose between Eve (2003) and a few really small games like Darkfall and Mortal online, and none of them are exactly "new" either.

WoDO would have worked but it was cancelled, might be something else in the making but I can't think of any. 

It takes a lot of work and a great engine to make zoneless game with modern graphics. The one server thing is getting more common with mega server tech but I am not so sure you could mix it with a zoneless system anyways.

And the games focusing on freedom tend to be classless since classes are restrictions as well. 

Basically, you need to make that game yourself if you want to play it, and making a good game with those requirements is hard, really hard. Getting enough people to play it to make profit isn't easy either today. I am certainly not saying it is impossible or anything (after all does Eve do most on the list and it is successful and WoDO problably would have done fine if it got released but CCP thoought Dust was a better use of their resources) but getting someone to finance it is hard unless you run a kickstarter together with someone people know is competent.

It is frankly hard enough to find an acceptable open world PvP game today without any of the other requrements. I think you should keep an eye on Shards and Crowfall though while they aren't really what you are looking for they are trying to make fun PvP games with some sanbox flavour, particularly Shards.
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    darkfall unholy wars fits your description.. also rise of agon is coming out soon

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA