Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO Drops support for DX10 - players now frozen out of the game.

1235»

Comments

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    Yeah it's so weird. I can't play TESO on my windows 98. And now this!?! Madness.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    The point isn't they need to update their systems. The point is they are pulling support and going full DX11 because it was suppose to help with the lag. Well that didn't work out so well and the 64x has more problems than old system. There is no reason for them to pull the dx10 support with the 32x. 

I said from start if they actually looked and fixed the bugs that have been in game from the start they could end up finding what is causing the crashes on a lot of players and problems with lag. If they keep putting bugs on top of bugs then the game will continue to lose players. 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• FlintsteenFlintsteen Member UncommonPosts: 282
    If at least they would have kept their openGL support for windows,  then people with DX10 cards could just use openGL and the Linux fanatics also could still play ESO. 

I like ESO,  but i like playing with my friends more,  and some of them are Linux fanatics,  or maybe they just hate Microsoft,  i'm not sure.  Point is they stopped playing ESO,  so now i barely play ESO either.

Please add OpenGL support for windows.....  It would help people with dx10 cards and it would help linux users. 
  • FlintsteenFlintsteen Member UncommonPosts: 282
    I know,  we should get with the times.  What i dont get is how it can be a good idea to alienate part of your comunity.  I know it's a very small part but still. Probably not much more than 5% linux users and people with old  GFX is maybe about the same,  and some of thoose will most likely get a new GFX or bite the bullet and install windows. 

Some will not though.  I just find it hard to believe it to be a bad idea to keep OpenGL support for windows,  unless ofc Microsoft payed to shut down OpenGL to make it impossible for Linux users to play ESO.  I find it hard to believe something like that would happen,  but then again i wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft did everything they could to make life harder for Linux users. 
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
     Putting resources on people with ancient computers is rarely worth it. Anything below DX 10 is older than 6 years (and you might have bought something cheap 5 years ago but the technology is still over 6 years old) and that means you should upgrade now.

And that might be hard if you are really pressed on cash but a DX10+ gfx card and a new OS is not that expensive.
    Yeah around 3000 or so people at any given time but I have yet to see anyone who actually plays ESO on Steam. With Non Steam players (myself included) Plus PS4 plus Xbox One players the game is doing very well.
    It is one of the top western MMOs, probably in third place after Wow and GW2 so yes, it is doing well. Anything in top 5 is great. :)