Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you looking for a Sandbox?

SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317
edited April 2016 in LFGame
I don't know how to say this. You won't believe me. You won't listen.
Sometimes this game is refered to as the greatest game you'll never play.
I'm tired of all the theme park. Puedo sandboxes
The let down that was Black Desert online.
Darkfall is basically out of the game. Literally.
My account for this game is from 2013. Iv tried to play it for years but I could never get into it.
But finally it's come to that point where the new player experience is great, if your willing.
I got into a Clan and it put me right in the action. I'm having fun, In a sandbox MMO. That's hard for me to say now days.
This game I'm talking about is EVE.
I'm telling you, you gotta believe me. Try it give it a real go. Get in a corporation. May I suggest Pandemic horde.
EVE truly is the greatest game.
EVE is life...

Comments

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Haven't you heard? Nobody cares about sandboxes anymore, legacy servers is where it's at now !
    Keep up, bruh.
  • whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472
    Played it for a month, didn't interest me.  I'm more of a avatar sandbox game.  I disagree on the greatest game comment as it does have flaws and tends to do worse than other games, but i'll concede that in your opinion this is the greatest game.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    I can't tell if this is the highest quality shitpost ever or you're really happy with EVE.  I'm a fellow EVE lover myself, it has a lot of problems though for someone with varying schedule + wants to pvp with his friends. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    This is so 8 years ago. Eve is dying now. Its a sandbox allright but one littered with too much crap from ccp.

You want a true sandbox? Play Wurm Online. Not even EVE can match it when it comes to freedom to be. And devs wont crap on you with every patch.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317
    Chrisbox said:
    I can't tell if this is the highest quality shitpost ever or you're really happy with EVE.  I'm a fellow EVE lover myself, it has a lot of problems though for someone with varying schedule + wants to pvp with his friends. 
    Lol No this is not a shit post, but thank you for the High quality part.
    Everyone always says everything is dying. If your not playing said game, that said game is dying.
    Every game is dying if thats the case.
    But EVE is a Culture, not just a game. You gotta get into it really. The propaganda, reddit, Corps, Alliances, Wars, you gotta be in comms with your corp, you cant just "Play" eve, you gotta live it.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    If Eve is life then what do you call the times you aren't playing Eve? Or are you thinking about this game pretty much 24/7?

I have no doubt it's an excellent sandbox.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I feel your pain. 
  • CyraelCyrael Member UncommonPosts: 239
    As someone who's been playing Eve for several years now, I definitely agree. It pretty much is the penultimate sandbox, even moreso than minecraft in many ways.
  • IG_ScarletIG_Scarlet Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Still playing Black Desert.  Still not let down ;)
  • RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Since when has a statement like this meant something good for a game?  

Because following in the footsteps of Age of Wushu and Archeage comes along another game that's very similar (better graphics) and all of a sudden it's the "new messiah"...unfortunately, we're running out of crosses here...it's time to admit these pvp centric MMO's don't work....

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    You don't "play" EVE, you live it.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Randayn said:

Because following in the footsteps of Age of Wushu and Archeage comes along another game that's very similar (better graphics) and all of a sudden it's the "new messiah"...unfortunately, we're running out of crosses here...it's time to admit these pvp centric MMO's don't work....
    It's not a 'New Messiah" and it's certainly not for everyone, but I wouldn't call it a 'let down'.  What features were originally exciting to you that failed to deliver?
  • Silentman0116Silentman0116 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    ive tried Eve 3 diff times and its always a nightmare. Black Desert Online was super amazing fun for...the first week. but with 0 end game pve at all the incentive to play isnt there for me. ive put in a bunch of time (too much) into all these mmo's and sandboxes and i just cant seem to find one that crosses the right stuff. 
    Personally I have found the level of enjoyment I have experienced was more correlated with the group of people I played with rather than the finesse of the game itself.  I've played 'great' games but didn't enjoy them as much because I played them alone, and I've played 'mixed opinion' games and had a blast because I had people to share the fun with.
    Personally I have found the level of enjoyment I have experienced was more correlated with the group of people I played with rather than the finesse of the game itself.  I've played 'great' games but didn't enjoy them as much because I played them alone, and I've played 'mixed opinion' games and had a blast because I had people to share the fun with.
    i totally agree, i just wish the people i had dealt with in EVE were so great haha ive played some def mixed reviewed games and had a blast.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I liked it when I was really busy because I could have it on my second screen while I did work.  I'm not even kidding.  

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Snakex said:
    I don't know how to say this. You won't believe me. You won't listen.
    Sometimes this game is refered to as the greatest game you'll never play.
    I'm tired of all the theme park. Puedo sandboxes
    The let down that was Black Desert online.
    Darkfall is basically out of the game. Literally.
    My account for this game is from 2013. Iv tried to play it for years but I could never get into it.
    But finally it's come to that point where the new player experience is great, if your willing.
    I got into a Clan and it put me right in the action. I'm having fun, In a sandbox MMO. That's hard for me to say now days.
    This game I'm talking about is EVE.
    I'm telling you, you gotta believe me. Try it give it a real go. Get in a corporation. May I suggest Pandemic horde.
    EVE truly is the greatest game.
    EVE is life...
    I've tried Eve several times. It isn't for me. 
    Aethaeryn said:
    I liked it when I was really busy because I could have it on my second screen while I did work.  I'm not even kidding.  
    Doing that right now >_>....<_<....
    if EVE didnt have a sub and i didnt have to AFK play an entire year to get to play the actual game. then id be all over it haha though it is cool that we can do that AFk playstyle...just not worth my $
  • RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Randayn said:

It's not a 'New Messiah" and it's certainly not for everyone, but I wouldn't call it a 'let down'.  What features were originally exciting to you that failed to deliver?
    I wasn't planning to play the game.  It's just very frustrating that devs continue to put other "Sandbox-ish" games over and over again with open world PVP or even full loot.  How many of these games need to fail before devs decide to make a game that could bring in the PVE crowd?  (In other words, Im bored and bitter)

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    A SANDBOX?  

lmao it is nothing more than a pvp game,anything else it offers is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I get that some gamer's need their space ship fix but the game is just not good enough,even worse that it is not good enough after 8 years and millions of dollars rolling through the turnstiles.

The game and it's dated state/engine will NEVER be good enough ,CCP has not shown me ever that they have one iota of  a clue,not interested in anything they are selling.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Kyleran said:
    You don't "play" EVE, you live it.

Do they have bathrooms in EVE?
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317
    Definitely a big part in MMOs. Its the people you play with that make the core experience.
    EVE requires a complementary group of people to play with that fit your style.

For those with the Black Desert online comments, Id like to specify that my comment on BDO was the fact that it is a psuedo-sandbox and not a true sandbox.

• CyraelCyrael Member UncommonPosts: 239
    ive tried Eve 3 diff times and its always a nightmare. Black Desert Online was super amazing fun for...the first week. but with 0 end game pve at all the incentive to play isnt there for me. ive put in a bunch of time (too much) into all these mmo's and sandboxes and i just cant seem to find one that crosses the right stuff. 

There's two different problems in the above quote. One, end game pve doesn't necesarily mean dungeon griding, like so many other MMORPGs have reduced it to. And two, there is no 'end game', except for pvp. You can start doing the 'end game' pve stuff on day 1.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    EVE is an extremely polarizing game.

It takes intense effort, learning libraries of information, playing with other people routinely and incurs the risk of losing everything at any moment.

Most people don't want any of that.  It's entirely too much effort.  EVE is either the best game ever or it's terrible.  There's very few people who are "meh" about it and those people are usually 5+ year veterans who've lost the "spark of excitement".