Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Donkey on Design

JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
Donkey is back, and he opens new series with Crafters:

W...aaagh?

Comments

• Nayr752Nayr752 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Nice video. Can't wait to try out Camelot Unchained.
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Donkey No2 - Beta Ahoy!!

W...aaagh?
    New Donkey is out - Arthurian class synergy:

W...aaagh?
    Class Synergy Speculation 02 - Tuatha dé Danann:

W...aaagh?
    Stream summary (summary of Ben's recent stream on CU classes):

W...aaagh?
    What is Camelot Unchained and Why Should I Care?

W...aaagh?
    Class Synergy Speculation 03 - Vikings

W...aaagh?
    Summary of Mark's Q&A on sieges and siege mechanics:

W...aaagh?
    Donkey goes to Patreon - any help is appreciated! It's bit offtopic, but IMO worth mentioning (Patreon link is in the video description):

W...aaagh?
  • howstupidisthishowstupidisthis Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Nice video, I'm loving the system so far!
    A summary of recent stream ( there is also a very short written summary here) TLDR is that CSE hired 4 (!) new programmers and opened new studio in Seattle, based on some extra funding they got.

Also, here is the stream, including Q&A with Mark:

W...aaagh?
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    After watching many of these videos, I'm beginning to wonder if Mark Jacobs is reading my mind and then making a game from my wish list.

I realize it's probably too late to pack up everything and move pieces around, but Austin is probably one of the best places to set up a studio in the US right now.  The cost of living is very low, so wages don't have to be astronomically Virginia/Seattle levels of pay.  Real estate is not very costly, especially if you set up just on the outskirts of Austin like Round Rock.  It's really the perfect place for a budget conscious studio.

Also, these heart to heart videos are super fucking cool for a studio to be doing for their fans.  Please don't stop doing this after the game launches and you're filling your swimming pool up with money!  The big difference I see here between this company and RSI is that he's not setting ridiculously unrealistic goals and then begging for more money every month.

I'll be patient!  After watching Age of Conan failcascade due to the impatience of their investors, ohhhhh, I'll be patient.  Lots of games to play until it launches.  No worries.
  • FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336
    Yeah, I've been trying REALLY hard to stop getting on Hype-trains but honestly it's too fun to get caught up in the excitement. 

I've been a CU fanboy since I read the "foundation principles" I don't agree 100% with all of them but it's a damn site closer to what I've been wanting out of games then most of the stuff I've seen latley. 

http://camelotunchained.com/v3/foundational-principles/
    Couple words about incoming CSE streams aka "Hot Streamy Summer", while Donkey also plans to stream stuff such as DAoC, WAR ( <3 WAAAAAAGHH! ), Gloria Victis!? and some other "similar to CU" games while waiting for NDA to drop ( likely on ):

W...aaagh?
    Three new donkeys, "Camelot Unchained Examined" series. First one is about combat:

...second one about abilities:

...and third covers spells, disruption and A.I.R.:

W...aaagh?
    ....aaaand here it is, the long-awaited "Camelot Unchained Examined! 09 - Classes":

W...aaagh?