Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First 500 Alpha Invites On the Way

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageFirst 500 Alpha Invites On the Way

The Darkfall: Rise of Agon team has announced that today marks the official start of the alpha phase of development. Five hundred invites will be sent out at random times throughout the day today that will provide a link to activate the key and an NDA to sign. The first task for testers is to stress test servers and associated systems.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ThomasBPGThomasBPG Member UncommonPosts: 86
    edited January 2017
    :)
    Post edited by ThomasBPG on
  • jahgreenjahgreen Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Hell YES! Can not wait.
  • SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Hell Yes! Finally something to consume me.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    When I wake up in the morning, I better see an invite. I swear.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Is this the first do-over after it failed and shut down, or a second one? Hard to keep track, but I'm really impressed they've kept the game going this long
  • celestialimmortalcelestialimmortal Member UncommonPosts: 27
    might need to extend my holiday an extra week if i get an invite
  • drumchannelldrumchannell Member UncommonPosts: 182
    This is great news. I purchased a Hero support package.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Is this the first do-over after it failed and shut down, or a second one? Hard to keep track, but I'm really impressed they've kept the game going this long
    I think Darkfail has just become the most "resurrected" MMO in history, lol

It's like a zombie that just won't die...

Not only is it being resurrected, but where there used to be only one, there's now TWO !

Aventurine are really powerful necromancers ! :D 
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

I think Darkfail has just become the most "resurrected" MMO in history, lol

It's like a zombie that just won't die...

Not only is it being resurrected, but where there used to be only one, there's now TWO !

Aventurine are really powerful necromancers ! :D 

It's certainly a weird thing a "alpha" after the things been out how many years... but in this genre full-to-bursting with every flavor of pay-to-win and scams imaginable nothing surprises anymore.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Waiting for New Dawn.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    giving out keys?
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    edited April 2016
    those are some sweet 2008 graphics, lol....who ma i kidding, they were ugly even back then.
    i get they are resurrecting and old, failed twice game, but couldn't they at least upgrade character models or something? feels like my monitor just went full potato on me....
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    maybe they will follow the new trend that is going on these days. it will go from alpha to " early access " and stay that way for ever. so everytime there is a bug or something wrong with the game they can just say its early access.
  • celestialimmortalcelestialimmortal Member UncommonPosts: 27
    got into the game..killed about 20 goblins run around a city then server crashed. best gaming experience i have had in 4 years tbh
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    got into the game..killed about 20 goblins run around a city then server crashed. best gaming experience i have had in 4 years tbh
    Exaggerate much?
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • kgsavatarkgsavatar Member UncommonPosts: 20
    I played Darkfall for a short period of time. I mean very short. Like maybe an hours worth. So, off the bat, I may not really know what the original Darkfall had as far as features go.

I am wondering, what is so new in this version that there is a need for alpha and beta testing? I thought it was the same game and some other company now owns it and is relaunching it. Am I wrong?

If I am wrong, can someone list the new features?
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    edited April 2016

kgsavatar said:

I played Darkfall for a short period of time. I mean very short. Like maybe an hours worth. So, off the bat, I may not really know what the original Darkfall had as far as features go.

I am wondering, what is so new in this version that there is a need for alpha and beta testing? I thought it was the same game and some other company now owns it and is relaunching it. Am I wrong?

If I am wrong, can someone list the new features?

no game is every completely free of bugs, and every time you change things there a bound to be new bugs. so, instead of doing it themselves, they just put a "beta" tag on in and let players do it for them. pretty standard op. some games have even put a hefty price tag on their "alpha" and "beta" stages, because they know a grand majority of gamers have no self control and, once they want something, they will spend large amounts of money to get it.
  • ThaliostThaliost Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Darkfall1 has more charisma in a starter town than DF:UW had for the entire map.

They are in alpha because they are a team who picked up the code from others (and probably poorly documented and organized, judging from AV) so it's normal and welcome to have an alpha to sort things out.

I wonder if DF:ROA's alpha with 500 players has more active players than DF:UW atm...

Immortals [EU] - Darkfall Clan: http://immortals-online.eu/

Read my "funny" DF1 blog: http://casualdarkfall.blogspot.com