Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So whats wrong with BDO?

Comments

• Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    I'm enjoying it and don't see anything else to play on the market that hasn't been done dozens of times before.  At least it's something different and even if I get bored at level 50 (I'm level 22 now with 100 hours in), it will have cost me less than £1/$1 per hour for entertainment.  Go to the cinema and pay five times that in one go.  I think people don't think enough about how much entertainment they are getting for their money - at least there is no monthly sub and the actual game isn't that expensive.  You don't have to spend in the cash shop to actually play or enjoy the game, despite what people think.
  • sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Muke said:

I would rather play 24hr straight Mortal Online...

I have a collector version of MO somewhere, with the jute bag and the figurines... you'd have to pay me to play this game in its actual state. It's another game that ended a mindless gankfest once the flood gates opened to the masses.
    Any amount of popularity is the death of games like that. It's like Day Z was good  when it was an obscure mod with only Arma II players because you had the tension of people not knowing how anyone they ran into would react and then it became popular and the answer to that question was always violently and immediately and it wasn't fun anymore.  You need a really small community unless everyone comes into it wanting a 24/7 killfest.
  • SharkladySharklady Member UncommonPosts: 15
    edited April 2016
    What is wrong with the BDO is community. I have yet to see such amount of snotty AA rejects who need to grief someone to feel better about their miserable selves on one place. That by itself would not be a problem if the publisher wasnt heavily catering to them and changed the game from its KR version into a trap for their less psychopathic players making them into unsuspecting victims. Seeing that one of their precious CMs is some kind of AA "celebrity" or another, no wonder they made what is otherwise a decent game into a griefers personal backyard. 
    If 90% of the "players" are more fit for being restricted in padded cell than playing online games I cant see the bright future for the game that allows them to run lose.
  • Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    edited April 2016
    Sharklady said:
    What is wrong with the BDO is community. I have yet to see such amount of snotty AA rejects who need to grief someone to feel better about their miserable selves on one place. That by itself would not be a problem if the publisher wasnt heavily catering to them and changed the game from its KR version into a trap for their less psychopathic players making them into unsuspecting victims. Seeing that one of their precious CMs is some kind of AA "celebrity" or another, no wonder they made what is otherwise a decent game into a griefers personal backyard. 
    If 90% of the "players" are more fit for being restricted in padded cell than playing online games I cant see the bright future for the game that allows them to run lose.
    You can't really prove what you just said as it's an opinion about things that perhaps you have experienced.  [mod edit]
    Post edited by Amana on
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I still want to know who the ganker CM is that everyone keeps talking about... I feel s out of the loop :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SharkladySharklady Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Kane72 said:
    You can't really prove what you just said as it's an opinion about things that perhaps you have experienced.  But you have laid bare, for all to see, what a stereotypical aspersion-casting down-and-out you are.
    BDO in KR/RU versions have a lvl 50 PvP enabling quest. Who doesnt do the quest can opt out of leveling and PvP as long as they feel like it. Daum lowered PvP level to 45, without ever saying a word about it, even though they kept the misleading quest ingame, so anyone not willing to PvP is going to get a nice little surprise at 45 without any kind of warning. 
    None knew a damn thing about that and people who bought the game expecting it to work as in its original version have been shafted by Daum.

It is not hard to connect the dots seeing that their most valued CM, aka ex AA gank guild leader, Jouska, (the guy who sounds like Norman Bates in Psycho if you listen to podcasts), has been blatantly ignoring any kind of question WHY exactly Daum did that on the forums. He can posts something idiotic like "I spent 300 energy on collecting cherry seed", but never ever posted anything on questions about lvl 50 quest.

As for snotty sociopaths, go and read the forum a bit. If you think the way they behave is normal I feel sorry for you.

What more proof do you need?  
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited April 2016
    I feel like Blizzard made the game,it has NOTHING i want in a game if i was making it for myself.
    SOME of the ideas would be good if implemented better and yes the graphics are ok with me.

Not a fan of open concept npc's,i prefer npc's to be outside for a reason and moving inside at night or traveling around instead of some fake script that happens in one spot 24/7.The way BDO does npc's all it does is add lag to the system,if going to add lag then make it more meaningful,example the horse area always looks ridiculously congested.
    I want NOTHING to be afk gaming and zero automation.i do NOT want some black demon spawning out of thin air to give me quests.
    I want crafting,example arrows for my bow,we shoudln't be shooting FAKE arrows,bows with no ammo is just retarded.
    Also wtf is this left/right/back BS combos, it just looks so fake and retarded with spin o rama's and pirouettes all total nonsense.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Luiden said:
    Iselin said:
    Cool story, bro. You either have really good inside sources or a very active imagination.

But you seem to agree with me on the main point though: they didn't spend nearly as much time as they should have on developing the RVR further.

BTW, who did the firing of the dissenters? CU's own Mark Jacobs? :)
    It's all true, you can find the information online if you dig enough.  Playing that game sense it released I made quite a few contacts.  The fact that they outsourced it was very public knowledge and the guy the fired was a hot topic back in the day.  Basically he was a data scientist and was looking at player data, he can to the conclusion that the player base wouldn't be interested in ToA based on how they were playing the game.  When he presented that information he was basically told to pound sand, when he tried to be more forceful they fired him.  I don't know who exactly did the firing but it's an interesting story about a company that ignored the data (facts) and they paid for it.
    Sanya has even referenced many times the dissent that ToA brought in-house. I am one of the players that quit almost immediately after ToA was released. It was buggy, broken, and far beyond the core of what made DAoC enjoyable. They had a very stong playerbase and community until ToA hit. Then the game sunk like a rock. 

I would imagine the founders of Mythic were too busy enjoying their yachts and hookers, and thought the playes would enjoy anything they fed them. Meaning, they got lazy, didn't do their homework, and didn't care. They were enjoying their new found lifestyle. I am very hestiant about CU. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
  • BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    i wish i saw your post before i dropped $30 on it..even tho the game is bad and not my cup of tea , iv spent far more on much worse lol
  • mrrshann618mrrshann618 Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Friend of mine game me the trial pass.
    Downloaded it, and took a look.

#1 Gender locked classes. Big turn off. I'm not talking like a female is the only one who can be a Valkyrie. but EVERY CLASS IS GENDER LOCKED

#2 Controls felt like they changed on based on the situation. Rather than "R" always is your accept key like in ESO

#3 the ability to play the game, while not playing the game. Want to go fishing, set yourself up and go to sleep. Wake up the next morning with a bag full of fish. Sorry. I want to actually play the game. This "feature" felt to much like paying someone else to auto level you. Left a sick feeling in my stomach.  I have this vision in my head of two people arguing how "more awesome" their ability to "not play" is.
    Play what you Like. I like SWOTR, Have a referral to get you going!
    -->  http://www.swtor.com/r/nBndbs  <--
    Several Unlocks and a few days game time to make the F2P considerably easier
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Dont like it then dont play it. 

/thread
  • linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589
    Ive been playing since korean launch off and on.. but it seems there is not much adjustment the game here in the west..

What is wrong with black desert?

- extreme asian high TTK.
    asians like it.. western people dont.. i hoped that would adjust it.. maybe they will in time.

- extreme gear depended

gear > level > playerskill.. when valencia is patched.. all chars below 57 are useless because of awakening weopons..( and connected skills @ level 57)

- potion popping

Making a support char like wizard or witch complete useless.. there is simply no change in healing the dmg due to high ttk by these chars..

- basicly no group play ( pvp and pve)
    Almost everything can be done solo..( except some bosses) ( there are benifits tho in doing it in group). pvpwise? its a dps fest. 

- some crafting in bdo is complete broken due to set prices in auction house
    crafting items ( on high level for example) give less silver compared to selling the mats that are needed to craft that item.. ( broken)

What did you find out in bdo that makes no sense?

Time to kill is a complaint REALLY? Western MMORPGS are so full of shit with combat combat combat. Used to be this genre was advancing away from just a combat focus and then WoW popped up and it's been shitty since. 
  • linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589
    Kane72 said:
    Sharklady said:
    You can't really prove what you just said as it's an opinion about things that perhaps you have experienced.  But you have laid bare, for all to see, what a stereotypical aspersion-casting down-and-out you are.
    The posters delivery may have been a bit harsh but she is absolutely on point with her message.
    I've seen no snotty behavior on the server i'm on so i don't know on that end so i gotta agree here it's based on the person's personal experience and not at all going to same for all..
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    No synergy for me.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Sharklady said:
    Kane72 said:
    BDO in KR/RU versions have a lvl 50 PvP enabling quest. Who doesnt do the quest can opt out of leveling and PvP as long as they feel like it. Daum lowered PvP level to 45, without ever saying a word about it, even though they kept the misleading quest ingame, so anyone not willing to PvP is going to get a nice little surprise at 45 without any kind of warning. 
    None knew a damn thing about that and people who bought the game expecting it to work as in its original version have been shafted by Daum.

It is not hard to connect the dots seeing that their most valued CM, aka ex AA gank guild leader, Jouska, (the guy who sounds like Norman Bates in Psycho if you listen to podcasts), has been blatantly ignoring any kind of question WHY exactly Daum did that on the forums. He can posts something idiotic like "I spent 300 energy on collecting cherry seed", but never ever posted anything on questions about lvl 50 quest.

As for snotty sociopaths, go and read the forum a bit. If you think the way they behave is normal I feel sorry for you.

What more proof do you need?  
    lol yeah I can't argue with that. I mean someone made a thread asking "where do I find a large carpet?" most of the answers were decent grown up responses, then one guy chimed in with "look in your pants" Something like that on say gw2 forums gets you a warning; but nope not there lol.

That is pretty mild though compared to what I have read. It's like those Mods are running a fight club over there xD...either way none of those forum kids pose any challenge to me or I imagine anyone else who has posted here for any length of time. They are such novices at trolling. 
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• PinoXPinoX Member UncommonPosts: 71
    edited April 2016
    The only thing good about this game is probably the graphic and weather (night/day cycle) which makes exploring and moving around from place to place very immersive (big map).
    The rest just meh.
    - Combat is average at best and spammy.
    - Synergy between classes is close to none.
    - Restricted Market Place along with no player trading.
    - Desync/Lag/Rubber banding.
    - Customization is lacking beyond character creation (armors etc) without forking out money.
    - Cash Shop is pricey with too many advantages on the cosmetics.
    - Lack of balance on craftings, every1 just go fishing. AFK fishing is a stupid lazy feature.
    - Gearing up means rng chucking stones into gears. +XX
    - Potions fest.
    - World Bosses are meh.
    - Lots of stuffs are processed client side leading easy hacking/botting.
    - Slow customer service.
    - UI is meh.
    - Nodes/workers felt great at first. The longer i dived in the game, it just feels like another lazy automation feature tbh.
    It's just meh, overall.

• FroopinFroopin Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I bought it, played for a few days. Realized it is just not for me. Should have known not to go near another Korean MMO after the Archeage nonsense. Oh well, have finally learned the lesson.

Playing Elder Scrolls Online instead, which is just a better MMO in every way for me :)
  • UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    edited April 2016

Selling materials does not make you more silver than crafting, not even with boats, when you actually level your processing. 

You do not speak for every western gamer, many of us can't stand PvP matches that are decided in just a few hits. 

Welcome to RPG's, where gear is a staple part of character building. 

OP didn't point out a single "problem" with the game, and instead just posted a few opinions passed as fact and generalization. 

Problems with the game:
    UI bugs that cause hidden elements to reset, or hot bars to reset.

Character appearance not showing properly for some people, on their own client.

Max price caps on some items so that there can be no price fluctuation over the max listing price on high demand, low supply items like fishing boats.  1.5m is the highest price a fishing boat can go, but even then the fishing boat is worth more than selling the individual mats.

Melee classes get boned on world bosses due to the DP requirement that ranged classes can "avoid". 

Some classes have spammable movement skills that allow them to jump in and out of a fight endlessly, making it impossible for most of the other classes to actually catch them, let alone hit them. 

Serious need from some diminishing return on movement impairing abilities.  I don't care where you're from, being stun locked or spending an entire fight laying on your back, doing nothing, isn't fun. 

Grappling another player seems to work considerably better for some classes than others.  Warriors and Zerkers seem to have no trouble grappling me from much further away than I can as a Valk. 

Servers are so overrun that it causes disconnects and desync issues. 

PS:: This is the most fun MMO I've come across in years.  Casual, hardcore, pve, pvp, solo, or group play, all of these play styles are catered to. 

Anyone that says there is no skill rotation, hasn't actually played the game. 
    Put your skills in the hotbar, learn what your combos are, and go skill roatation crazy.  It works the same from the hotbar or through key combo presses. 

This game is literally all about skill rotation, it's just not locked into doing your rotation one way or another, and every class has multiple rotations instead of just one.  They call them COMBOS instead of rotations, and I'll say it again, you can execute those combos from the hotbar if that's how you prefer to play. 

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    You know whats wrong with this game?   I don't own it yet and that's just wrong dude.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Bought it finally and am enjoying it.  One thing wrong is that the quest text is strange, sometimes hard to follow etc.  Even stranger though is that for some reason I want to read it and follow the story.  Generally I am a 'next' 'next' etc type of person and skip the quest dialogue going for the TLDR in the log.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784
    Didn't feel like reading every comment to see if someone else posted it but I think mainly whats wrong with it is the fact that we have to buy the game for 30 bucks with an overpriced cash shop where it's free everywhere else. Total bullshit, don't care that it isn't much, it's still bullshit. 
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Deltois said:
    Oh wait is it ESO or BDO not sure what you re all excited about this week. 9 years and counting for me.
    You want to know how you really judge the longevity of a game?

It's in the number of wives you've been through during your game stint. >:)  

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    fs23otm said:
    Nothing is "wrong" in BDO...

It is different... and it's differences are what make it an EXCELLENT MMO... the best current gen MMO out there....
    Agreed
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Deltois, it can be frustrating when no one is playing the same game I like.

Thankfully, there's so many people playing BDO, I don't have to worry about that. 

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Nothing wrong with BDO.

It is a typical asian MMO with all it's fancies as well as shortcomings.