Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Trinity, tab targetting MMO around...

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
What options do you have when you want a game based around the trinity, with enough grouping and some PvP and atleast 3 bars of skills?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Oh,... and WoW after Legion will only have 2 bars of skills left after Legion...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    EQ2 is notorious for having tons of skillbars. I had around 5 with my mystic.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Rift, Archeage, SWTOR, 
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    edited April 2016
    LOTRO without a doubt. Other MMOs maybe have more skills (although LOTRO has many)
    but  LOTRO every skill is important and can change the flow. It also mathers a lot when and what you use.

Also lot of skills work just after some things happen. For example if someone blocks..etc

WoW would be close second

• CyraelCyrael Member UncommonPosts: 239
    FFXIV is pretty much the only answer to your question. It is by far the best MMORPG right now due not having a requiered ca$h $hop, pumping a decent ammount of content regularly and having up to date graphics for immersion sake.

It's far from perfect though. Big flaw... It's a damn themepark. I'm sick of those end game focus token grind for gears that are going to be replaced in the next patch or two. At least, that's not all they focus on as they add a lot of side activities too that aren't all end game oriented.

Not playing  anymore until they change that thempark end game gear focus, but that's just me. Like I said it IS the best MMORPG right now that offer what you are asking imho.

This is the answer you're looking for. For your criteria, FFXIV is the best of the available offerings by a rather large margins. I just can't do the standard dungeon-running themepark thing any more myself, but if I did, FFXIV would be the one I would be playing without a second thought.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    I dont understand if this is a serious question.  Its not like we are listing mmorpg's that noone has heard of.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    Cyrael said:
    FFXIV is pretty much the only answer to your question. It is by far the best MMORPG right now due not having a requiered ca$h $hop, pumping a decent ammount of content regularly and having up to date graphics for immersion sake.

It's far from perfect though. Big flaw... It's a damn themepark. I'm sick of those end game focus token grind for gears that are going to be replaced in the next patch or two. At least, that's not all they focus on as they add a lot of side activities too that aren't all end game oriented.

Not playing  anymore until they change that thempark end game gear focus, but that's just me. Like I said it IS the best MMORPG right now that offer what you are asking imho.

This is the answer you're looking for. For your criteria, FFXIV is the best of the available offerings by a rather large margins. I just can't do the standard dungeon-running themepark thing any more myself, but if I did, FFXIV would be the one I would be playing without a second thought.
    Might see if i can revive my account with a free trial... Indeed this game fits my needs...  

Tough also eq2 or Rift might be a good choice...  As would have been lotro...  All great games, making choice quite hard..

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Wait for Bless. :D
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    LOTRO without a doubt.
    Yep, this. Before the trait trees and skill culling it'd be an even more fitting candidate, but current state it still fits OP's "atleast 3 bars of skills" :wink:
    (but if I remember correctly you already know LotRO, Bachus)
  • donjndonjn Member UncommonPosts: 816
    edited April 2016
    FFXIV isn't even close. Unfinished voice acting makes for uncomfortable close ups with NPC characters "pantomiming".. Either voice act everyone or no one. When suddenly voice acting goes away and makes you think something happened to the audio, that is not a desired effect.

A tiny, small world, with small zones railroading you in one direction. No huge and vast open areas. Zero reason to explore, and invisible walls everywhere or nicely placed mountains creating nothing but fake, canyons everywhere.

One of the longer global cool-downs of any MMO, almost making it turn based.

Want to wear plate and dps? Nope, you cant. If you wear plate, your ARE a tank. Pure and simple.

Po_gg said:
    LOTRO without a doubt.
    Yep, this. Before the trait trees and skill culling it'd be an even more fitting candidate, but current state it still fits OP's "atleast 3 bars of skills" :wink:
    (but if I remember correctly you already know LotRO, Bachus)
    Actualy i know all of the proposed games....

lotro lost it magic to ke with the big battles update...  I really disliked them somehow..

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Cyrael said:

Might see if i can revive my account with a free trial... Indeed this game fits my needs...  

Tough also eq2 or Rift might be a good choice...  As would have been lotro...  All great games, making choice quite hard..
    Each is a good choise for what you want , i would go with the one i have played the least
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    i played tetris with 10 rows of skills bars
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Yeah, that is about it unless you want something 10 years or older. And I don't think the themempark is a problem here, few sandboxes were ever made that way...
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    donjn said:
    FFXIV isn't even close. Unfinished voice acting makes for uncomfortable close ups with NPC characters "pantomiming".. Either voice act everyone or no one. When suddenly voice acting goes away and makes you think something happened to the audio, that is not a desired effect.

A tiny, small world, with small zones railroading you in one direction. No huge and vast open areas. Zero reason to explore, and invisible walls everywhere or nicely placed mountains creating nothing but fake, canyons everywhere.

One of the longer global cool-downs of any MMO, almost making it turn based.

Want to wear plate and dps? Nope, you cant. If you wear plate, your ARE a tank. Pure and simple.

How good is voice acting after the first time when they start repeating themselves?

You need to go kill that Dragon...But i already killed him...you need to go kill that Dragon ...over and over and over.
    Also how good is that voice acting when that voice is no longer employed for future content with that npc?

Yes voice acting is nice ,but only once and to me is not the end of the world by any stretch.
    FFXIV does deserve for certain one criticism but stil is better than most games.It does not use water zones a pet peeve of mine from all FF games.
    FFXI WAS the best tab targeting game but is near the end of it's time and Square also ruined the game about 4 years ago.

I tried lotro 3x and never captured me at all,i found the world to feel very dead.
    EQ2 is a solid game if you want linear questing.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    SWTOR has lots of skills and lots of skill bars. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SetzerSetzer Member UncommonPosts: 261
    EQ2, LOTRO, FFXIV, or SWTOR would be my choices.

But if you want decent PvP I'd probably pick SWTOR over the other 3.

• soulfracturesoulfracture Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Po_gg said

lotro lost it magic to ke with the big battles update...  I really disliked them somehow..
    100% on the money. Big Battles ruined a great game. Played it from beta till Big Battles came and then shortly after i quit. Lotro had an expanded trinity with real support class options that had an impact in dungeons and raids. 
    Po_gg said

100% on the money. Big Battles ruined a great game. Played it from beta till Big Battles came and then shortly after i quit. Lotro had an expanded trinity with real support class options that had an impact in dungeons and raids. 
    They also seem to have stepped away from dungeons and rraids some time ago..

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Po_gg said

They also seem to have stepped away from dungeons and rraids some time ago..
    Update 18 will go live in a week (probably), and it will bring a new raid, though the raid will be added later as usual with Turbine. Still, it's a new raid, in the game, soon. Just sayin' :wink:

Yep, HD (trait trees, big battles) was a massive separator, plenty of folks left after that. I agree with soul's trinity and real support classes, Captains were awesome - ok, for an extent they still are, but seriously, a class with the very purpose of providing support to the fellowship... loved it.
  • VelifaxVelifax Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Remember to specify WHEN the trinity is needed; instances or everywhere :)
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited April 2016
    Aion

Trinity, open world / instanced pvp, tab target combat with a movment system ( only game I have seen with this ) and 3 bars of skills. 
  • SaelemSaelem Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Probably FFXIV. It carries a lot of MMO cliches but it does them all very well. The game is fun, the world is small but pretty and there are tons of other options to end game grinding if you tire of that. Very singular role driven but you can switch class on a whim.
  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    I have little interest in tons of powers unless there are a lot of utility powers.  Do you really need 50 different ways to blast something which tends to be trimmed down to a few powers anyway for optimal rotation?