Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHY CAN'T I JUST HAVE A FRIGGING MMO I ENJOY FOR ONCE?

tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
I finally get my wish in the Nostalrius WoW Private server, all my MMO friends were playing it with me and oh look it's being taken away....

Thanx Blizzard, I'm never buying any of your games again. 

The wait for a good MMO goes on, every time I love one like SWG or EQ or even WoW, it gets ruined and I'm left without a place to go. 

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Unless you were paying Blizzard money to play on a private server unaffiliated with them, your boycott of Blizzard is no loss of revenue for them.
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    Gorwe said:
    Because you set yourself up to not enjoy games(MMOs in this case). I mean...just take a deep breath and read your title again.
    No, because devs have changed the genre to something that many no longer enjoy. It's not our fault we don't like the games that are being put out.

Darkfall is coming. I'll be set for a long time once again.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    WHY ARE WE YELLING?!

Please edit your thread title, sir!
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    DMKano said:
    WHY CAN'T I JUST HAVE A FRIGGING  DATE WITH SCARLET JOHANSON ONCE?

Life is so cruel
    Because she probably doesn't visit this forum.
  • tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Quizzical said:
    Unless you were paying Blizzard money to play on a private server unaffiliated with them, your boycott of Blizzard is no loss of revenue for them.
    Well it is because I wont be buying their games any more and neither will a few of my friends. 
  • FirstKnight117FirstKnight117 Member UncommonPosts: 109
    Kano is right. Life isn't fair and neither is the gaming industry. (Try being a Spellborn fan if you want to experience some true gaming loss.) I picked up ESO and started playing, having fun and never looked back. But I also play GW2, SWTOR and LoTRO and <gasp> have fun (most of the time) with those too! I may not be the discerning min/max gamer type, but there is plenty of MMO to go around out there. Then again, I don't have 40 hours a week to play so maybe my tastes run into the "casual gamer" paradigm.

Anyway, you and your friends never buying Blizzard games won't affect them in any way, but it is a way for you to channel that anger and move on. Hope you find what you're looking for, maybe it's out there somewhere :awesome: 
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    How? Put an idea together; get a large loan or maybe raise many millions on Kickstarter; hire a team; see the job through; voila!

Until then you may have to wait until the devs decide that "many" people will enjoy whatever type of mmo you enjoy. (I am unconvinced that the genre has change dto something many no longer enjoy since we now have many more games and - almost certainly - many more players (depending on what your type of mmo is). 
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    gervaise1 said:
    How? Put an idea together; get a large loan or maybe raise many millions on Kickstarter; hire a team; see the job through; voila!

Until then you may have to wait until the devs decide that "many" people will enjoy whatever type of mmo you enjoy. (I am unconvinced that the genre has change dto something many no longer enjoy since we now have many more games and - almost certainly - many more players (depending on what your type of mmo is). 
    it's changed enough that there are many that can't find something satisfying. It's not like the genre is actually dead, but it's not the same and there are quite a few people who are disappointed in what's been offered.

I could also ask, why is that every time someone comes on here to vent their frustration about not having an MMO they enjoy all of you guys come out of the woodworks to scrutinize them as if it's their fault? It's not our fault. I'm not DMKano and I do not enjoy every stupid fucking game that comes into existence. If I want to bitch about it, buzz off and let me.

Now if you actually have something useful to say like perhaps a suggestion for the OP to try that's fine, but all this other crap is completely pointless.
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    tixylix said:
    I finally get my wish in the Nostalrius WoW Private server, all my MMO friends were playing it with me and oh look it's being taken away....

Thanx Blizzard, I'm never buying any of your games again. 

The wait for a good MMO goes on, every time I love one like SWG or EQ or even WoW, it gets ruined and I'm left without a place to go. 
    Because that's not an MMO? It's an illegal server?

You "could" go outside? Since you don't like MMOs anymore. You know...cause there's like 10 million of them to play....but you hate them all but your "vanilla" WoW server.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    DMKano said:
    WHY CAN'T I JUST HAVE A FRIGGING  DATE WITH SCARLET JOHANSON ONCE?

Life is so cruel
    Because shes bangin the hulk
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    edited April 2016
    This is one of the most stupid threads I've seen.

A private server of a game that is still running is outright theft, it's one thing if the game has died but this is wow.  You are complaining because you were stealing something and they closed down the illegal server?

Do you also steal cable and complain if they cut the wire?

This is other word levels of retardation.  Not only was the guy running the sever doing this but he was making money off it, that's a whole other level of stupid.

If Blizzard are finally taking action on private servers then good on them, they ignored this issue for a long, long time and I never could understand why.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Lol someone supporting illegal games is mad that they have to shut down? Generations are getting more and more stupid....sorry if that offends anyone.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    tixylix said:
    Quizzical said:
    Well it is because I wont be buying their games any more and neither will a few of my friends. 
    Ah, so playing the "both me and all of the other people who agree with me" card, are we?

Someone who will boycott a game developer over shutting down an illegal, private server is someone who wasn't going to buy games to begin with.
  • SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    WHY CAN'T I GET S**T FOR FREE THAT COSTS MONEY TO MAKE???

#entitled
  • sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788
    I mean I remember when I used to play SWG, WoW, City of Heroes, I would literally be up all night playing, I had a ton of friends in game, there was always fun community stuff going on, it just felt like a living breathing community, and even if there were jerks or loot-hoarders, what have you, the good always outweighed the bad, and I was just happy to be part of a community.

In my opinion communities and the mindset developers have players going into the game with IE: Grind levels, be the best, solo everything, dont talk to that guy, your number one, your the hero, your the one thats important, etc.

MMO's have just become very focused on the "Individual" player and not the community player. Its like old MMO's had a "Collectivist" Mindset, where community was placed above the individual and now all MMO's are "Individualist" where the individual is praised for how unique they are, not how unique or helpful they are to their community.
  • IwayloIwaylo Member UncommonPosts: 174
    edited April 2016
    If you can't stop at some MMORPG it's because you're being too picky. Everything in this world has flaws. Try to accept the flaws of one MMORPG and embrace it's good side. Like for a random example Aion might be getting lower on population or be tab target (which as wow player shouldnt disturb you) the PvP there is FUN, you can fly and fight and so much more. Get your ass on the populated server, if you see something that disturbs you try to ignore it and focus on the good parts of the MMORPG you will end up lovin' it. I'd never get into Tera if i listened to people saying hurr durr sexualization, pedophilia and what not, but i played it went through the early boring leveling. Survived it. Reached end game, joined one of the best PvP guilds, dominated Alliance PvP, Arena PvP, GwGs, Cleared all Hard core content, Got best gear. Enjoyed every minute of it.