Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So whats wrong with BDO?

Comments

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    josko9 said:
    Abhorer said:
    I think nothing's wrong with BDO. Many people is playing it and now is the better moment for the game as is its peak momentum; let's see what happens when it's not a novelty and newer games come out. 

Right now is the most commented game in this site. I would think that the MMO crowd is intensely playing BDO.

I'm trying to convince myself to buy it and play too. What should I do? I still don't know.
    Saying that BDO is at it's peak is a huge overstatement..The game launched 1 month ago, you seriously think that it's as popular as on the launch date? Besides mmorpg.com is one of the few sites remaining where people are even still discussing about it. It really makes me laugh when people think that BDO is so succesful, I mean sure it's doing fine, but come on now. Wildstar generated so much hype in the beginning and where is that game now? MMOs are games made for the long run, and not many are capable of competing in the West.

I find "google trends" by far the most accurate analysis when checking how popular a certain game is. Basically if you put other MMOs against WoW on the list you get to see how popular they actually are. On the scale from 0-100 (100 being most popular), this are the results from currently top 5 most popular MMOs of 2016:

1. WoW - 83
    2. B&S - 30
    3. ESO - 28
    4. FFXIV - 20
    5. BDO - 19

You might think that BDO just launched and surely the score will soon reflect that, but if B&S is any reflection (which was by the way at least 2x more hyped than BDO), then that will definitively not be the case. Here are the results from this week alone (uncomplete 3-9apr.):

1. WoW - 100
    2. ESO - 33
    3. BDO - 32
    4. FFXIV - 28
    5. B&S - 16

Basically ESO needed only a month to get back to the #2 place, and is looking to finish there for the 3rd year straight, especially with B&S and BDO popularity going down fast. I mean obviously FFXIV is the only competitor to ESO, and even they are far behind. B&S and BDO probably won't finish 2016 in the top 5 most popular MMOs anyway, I can see them fall behind GW2 and SWTOR as well.
    A few questions:

What is your search query?

What is the date for your first sample?

I find it interesting that B&S went from 30 down to 16 while BDO went from 19 to 32 yet you say nobody is talking about BDO except here at mmorpg.com and according to you B&S was twice as hyped.

How as yet is BDO's popularity going down fast? your second sample shows it increasing dramatically from your first sample.

Maybe with more samples and a more complete time line your post might make more sense to me.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    There is nothing wrong with BDO.
    Best MMO I played in years, it is not perfect, but it is so addictive.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    One thing I think is wrong with it is the lack of community. Kinda looking at Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, despite the Vanguard debacle.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    Not so sure about the OP premise.  BDO is the top rated game on this site.  The game is more popular than Daum or Pearl Abyss thought it would be.  And most everyone I know is playing the game right now.  And they all love it.  The things people don't love is the cash shop, lack of in-game items and PvP Karma system not being strong enough as a deterrent to random griefing. 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Ive been playing since korean launch off and on.. but it seems there is not much adjustment the game here in the west..

What is wrong with black desert?

I'm going to go way out on a limb here and guess you've reached your boredom threshold and things you used to like annoy you now?

Just a wild guess.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Good_ApolloGood_Apollo Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Ive been playing since korean launch off and on.. but it seems there is not much adjustment the game here in the west..

- extreme asian high TTK.
    asians like it.. western people dont.. i hoped that would adjust it.. maybe they will in time.

- extreme gear depended

gear > level > playerskill.. when valencia is patched.. all chars below 57 are useless because of awakening weopons..( and connected skills @ level 57)

- potion popping

Making a support char like wizard or witch complete useless.. there is simply no change in healing the dmg due to high ttk by these chars..

- basicly no group play ( pvp and pve)
    Almost everything can be done solo..( except some bosses) ( there are benifits tho in doing it in group). pvpwise? its a dps fest. 

- some crafting in bdo is complete broken due to set prices in auction house
    crafting items ( on high level for example) give less silver compared to selling the mats that are needed to craft that item.. ( broken)

What did you find out in bdo that makes no sense?

The only thing I agree with on your list is the lack of grouping. So yay opinions?
  • RodzillaRodzilla Member UncommonPosts: 159
    edited April 2016
    So far I am not a fan of this combat style, to each his own, and the graphics engine they are using while most of the background  looks really good it just feels paper thin and generic. The crafting system is really well done from what little ive tried so far and I like the open world without porting into zones. There is alot of good and a few bad so far, so im still on the fence, have not played it enough give much of an opinion.

searching for the next DAoC....

Kay-exile

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    Iselin said:

I'm going to go way out on a limb here and guess you've reached your boredom threshold and things you used to like annoy you now?

Just a wild guess.
    not really.. i just stated out what i think is wrong with bdo..

Every mmo has good and bad stuff in it aint it?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    marcjt20 said:
    Nothing wrong with the game. I just don't like it. I'd like it a lot more if they ditched the idea of GvG and sieges in this game, and added a lot more to the PVE. The PVP in this game is a completely unbalanced shitshow that I have zero desire to participate in, and unfortunately to PVP you have to grind very boring, easy PVE. 
    What do you find unbalancing? The grind isnt as bad as I thought it would be. Until 50 then it slows down a bit.

I am not interested in grinding mobs until I hit the requisite numbers so I can compete in PVP without being killed instantly. I guess I could do something more stimulating than mob grinding like AFK fishing or trading and buy the gear, but then again, I'm eventually going to be stuck grinding mobs to keep up in levels. 

I much prefer getting my gear from PVP and I enjoy PVP having it's own progression system. I know lots of people disagree and they can go play BDO. For my tastes, it's just no fun to get completely wrecked until you PVE grind for a long time. 
    I've always thought it to be a mistake in design to tie PVP advancement solely to PVE activities.

Sure, make two viable paths, one via PVP, one via PVE with both roads having similar challenges and accomplishments.

One reason DAOC fell apart after the TOA expansion was it forced players to start pve raiding (for the first time) in order to obtain very powerful PVP weapons and skills.

Along with the New Frontiers they drove off much of the player base right about the time L2, WOW, EQ2 were launched, giving players plenty of options on othwr MMORPGs to play.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    marcjt20 said:
    Nothing wrong with the game. I just don't like it. I'd like it a lot more if they ditched the idea of GvG and sieges in this game, and added a lot more to the PVE. The PVP in this game is a completely unbalanced shitshow that I have zero desire to participate in, and unfortunately to PVP you have to grind very boring, easy PVE. 
    What do you find unbalancing? The grind isnt as bad as I thought it would be. Until 50 then it slows down a bit.

I am not interested in grinding mobs until I hit the requisite numbers so I can compete in PVP without being killed instantly. I guess I could do something more stimulating than mob grinding like AFK fishing or trading and buy the gear, but then again, I'm eventually going to be stuck grinding mobs to keep up in levels. 

I much prefer getting my gear from PVP and I enjoy PVP having it's own progression system. I know lots of people disagree and they can go play BDO. For my tastes, it's just no fun to get completely wrecked until you PVE grind for a long time. 
    I've always thought it to be a mistake in design to tie PVP advancement solely to PVE activities.

Sure, make two viable paths, one via PVP, one via PVE with both roads having similar challenges and accomplishments.

One reason DAOC fell apart after the TOA expansion was it forced players to start pve raiding (for the first time) in order to obtain very powerful PVP weapons and skills.

Along with the New Frontiers they drove off much of the player base right about the time L2, WOW, EQ2 were launched, giving players plenty of options on othwr MMORPGs to play.

Actually the first mass exodus started with the launch of SWG, but yeah, EQ2 and WOW turned it into a stampede. TOA certainly didn't help but I don't think it was as big a factor as the stagnation of the RvR.

The fundamental premise of DAoC always had a strong PVE component for PVP purposes. PVE was always where you leveled and got your gear - that was the design of the game form the very beginning. TOA didn't really change this, it amplified it.

Where DAoC really goofed was in not developing the RvR concept further. Other than a few tweaks here and there (low level battlegrounds, realm points and abilities) the RvR remained pretty well the same from beginning to end and many ideas remained under-developed. The claiming of keeps by guilds for example, just scratched the surface of how that mechanic could have been evolved. Upgrades by the controlling guild were just a token that did nothing to stop a determined enemy, benefits to the controlling guild were insignificant, and so on...

For me it wasn't so much TOA as the lack of an equivalent amount of thought and development time aimed at the PVP. 

I still think DAoC had the best idea for how PVP should be handled in MMOs. It just was never developed enough.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:

Just a wild guess.
    not really.. i just stated out what i think is wrong with bdo..

Every mmo has good and bad stuff in it aint it?
    It does... and the longer we play them, the more those bad things seem to annoy us.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    fs23otm said:
    Nothing is "wrong" in BDO...

It is different... and it's differences are what make it an EXCELLENT MMO... the best current gen MMO out there....
    Opinions vary.

I would rather play 24hr straight Mortal Online, followed by WoW Cataclysm, followed by 100hrs straight Hello Kitty Online.

But apart from that, it's kinda ok.
    If you like mindless megagrinds, necessary ingame $$$ shops to make you relevant, Asian theme that is.

I don't, but everyone has a different taste.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• LuidenLuiden Member RarePosts: 336
    Iselin said:
    Kyleran said:
    marcjt20 said:

Actually the first mass exodus started with the launch of SWG, but yeah, EQ2 and WOW turned it into a stampede. TOA certainly didn't help but I don't think it was as big a factor as the stagnation of the RvR.

The fundamental premise of DAoC always had a strong PVE component for PVP purposes. PVE was always where you leveled and got your gear - that was the design of the game form the very beginning. TOA didn't really change this, it amplified it.

Where DAoC really goofed was in not developing the RvR concept further. Other than a few tweaks here and there (low level battlegrounds, realm points and abilities) the RvR remained pretty well the same from beginning to end and many ideas remained under-developed. The claiming of keeps by guilds for example, just scratched the surface of how that mechanic could have been evolved. Upgrades by the controlling guild were just a token that did nothing to stop a determined enemy, benefits to the controlling guild were insignificant, and so on...

For me it wasn't so much TOA as the lack of an equivalent amount of thought and development time aimed at the PVP. 

I still think DAoC had the best idea for how PVP should be handled in MMOs. It just was never developed enough.
    nah, ToA was the beginning of the end for DAOC.  At it's core it was DAOC trying to get subscriptions from EQ and it failed in an epic fashion.  Mythic outsourced the expansion to another company/India and the results were representative of that.  When released it was extremely buggy and counter to everything that was DAOC up to that point.  The backlash from the player community was massive and a large number of people quit, it didn't help that the next generation of MMORPGs such as EQ2 and WoW were right around the corner.

Mythic made a huge mistake by not listening to people on staff who were telling them that ToA would be a disaster.  They had employees begging for them not to release it, telling them that they should be focusing on RvR as that was what the value of the game was, it's what the players wanted.  Those employees got fired as Mythic like most of these devs just wanted the money that would come from releasing ToA.

It's really a sad story at the end of the day.  DAOC had the potential to be relevant today, relevant as compared to say Eve Online.. maybe even UO.  But DAOC story ends with a game that has basically been gutted in the hopes of keep a very small player base alive.  Today's DAOC you can level to 50 in 1 day and then basically bypass all of ToA just to get you RvRing... that is what keeps the last few playing.  The history of DAOC should have played out very differently, maybe Camelot Unchained will keep that history in mind as it releases and matures.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Tedium ............. and a game completely built around the cash shop to alleviate unnecassary tedium ...
    rertez said:
    josko9 said:

I find "google trends" by far the most accurate analysis when checking how popular a certain game is. Basically if you put other MMOs against WoW on the list you get to see how popular they actually are.
    Just put DOTA 2 against World of Warcraft in Google Trends and see how wrong you are when you try to use it to measure a game's popularity. DOTA 2's constantly having about 400k-900k concurrent players at any given time and even peaking over 1.2 million online players ( http://steamcharts.com/app/570 ) while WoW has peaks of about a million concurrent players for short periods, maybe for hours every second year when an expansion launches and then it drops really fast. Still DOTA 2 as the most popular Steam game has a fraction of Google hits compared to WoW's in Google Trends. Despite Google trends results DOTA 2 is by far more popular than WoW if we consider active player numbers. Google only shows how people search stuff about specific games and sure WoW players use a lot of third party databases not like people who play newer MMOs or other games in general.

Why would you put DOTA 2 against WoW?  They aren't even in the same classification of game?  If you are going to use DOTA 2 you should compare it to LoL or Smite.  
  • rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Luiden said:
    rertez said:
    josko9 said:

I find "google trends" by far the most accurate analysis when checking how popular a certain game is. Basically if you put other MMOs against WoW on the list you get to see how popular they actually are.
    Just put DOTA 2 against World of Warcraft in Google Trends and see how wrong you are when you try to use it to measure a game's popularity. DOTA 2's constantly having about 400k-900k concurrent players at any given time and even peaking over 1.2 million online players ( http://steamcharts.com/app/570 ) while WoW has peaks of about a million concurrent players for short periods, maybe for hours every second year when an expansion launches and then it drops really fast. Still DOTA 2 as the most popular Steam game has a fraction of Google hits compared to WoW's in Google Trends. Despite Google trends results DOTA 2 is by far more popular than WoW if we consider active player numbers. Google only shows how people search stuff about specific games and sure WoW players use a lot of third party databases not like people who play newer MMOs or other games in general.

Why would you put DOTA 2 against WoW?  They aren't even in the same classification of game?  If you are going to use DOTA 2 you should compare it to LoL or Smite.  
    Because despite its unquestionable popularity Dota 2 has basically negligible Google hits compared to a far less popular game like WoW. (I mean popularity by concurrent player numbers and the size of actively playing community.) It serves as an example how Google Trends is far from an accurate analysis tool when it comes to comparing popularity of games.
    Luiden said:
    Iselin said:
    Kyleran said:
    marcjt20 said:

nah, ToA was the beginning of the end for DAOC.  At it's core it was DAOC trying to get subscriptions from EQ and it failed in an epic fashion.  Mythic outsourced the expansion to another company/India and the results were representative of that.  When released it was extremely buggy and counter to everything that was DAOC up to that point.  The backlash from the player community was massive and a large number of people quit, it didn't help that the next generation of MMORPGs such as EQ2 and WoW were right around the corner.

Mythic made a huge mistake by not listening to people on staff who were telling them that ToA would be a disaster.  They had employees begging for them not to release it, telling them that they should be focusing on RvR as that was what the value of the game was, it's what the players wanted.  Those employees got fired as Mythic like most of these devs just wanted the money that would come from releasing ToA.

It's really a sad story at the end of the day.  DAOC had the potential to be relevant today, relevant as compared to say Eve Online.. maybe even UO.  But DAOC story ends with a game that has basically been gutted in the hopes of keep a very small player base alive.  Today's DAOC you can level to 50 in 1 day and then basically bypass all of ToA just to get you RvRing... that is what keeps the last few playing.  The history of DAOC should have played out very differently, maybe Camelot Unchained will keep that history in mind as it releases and matures.
    Cool story, bro. You either have really good inside sources or a very active imagination.

But you seem to agree with me on the main point though: they didn't spend nearly as much time as they should have on developing the RVR further.

BTW, who did the firing of the dissenters? CU's own Mark Jacobs? :)

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Luiden said:
    Iselin said:
    Kyleran said:
    marcjt20 said:

Cool story, bro. You either have really good inside sources or a very active imagination.

But you seem to agree with me on the main point though: they didn't spend nearly as much time as they should have on developing the RVR further.

BTW, who did the firing of the dissenters? CU's own Mark Jacobs? :)
    It's all true, you can find the information online if you dig enough.  Playing that game sense it released I made quite a few contacts.  The fact that they outsourced it was very public knowledge and the guy the fired was a hot topic back in the day.  Basically he was a data scientist and was looking at player data, he can to the conclusion that the player base wouldn't be interested in ToA based on how they were playing the game.  When he presented that information he was basically told to pound sand, when he tried to be more forceful they fired him.  I don't know who exactly did the firing but it's an interesting story about a company that ignored the data (facts) and they paid for it.

rertez said:
    Luiden said:
    rertez said:
    josko9 said:

Because despite its unquestionable popularity Dota 2 has basically negligible Google hits compared to a far less popular game like WoW. (I mean popularity by concurrent player numbers and the size of actively playing community.) It serves as an example how Google Trends is far from an accurate analysis tool when it comes to comparing popularity of games.
    That's because there isn't much to google about that type of game.  For MMORPGs people use Google a lot for quest information, research.  For Dota 2 it might be to look at a class build?  That's why you can't use this approach to compare the games, they are very different games and the way people are going to use Google for those games are different.
  • FubarboxFubarbox Member UncommonPosts: 30
    edited April 2016
    I played for 7 days (trial) and I think the game is pretty good. I want it to be a game I buy and put in the time with, but it's also not a game for me (at least for now). For one, I suck at the combat and found myself frantically spamming and feeling pretty pathetic. I did have fun at the same time though, so color me confused lol. My biggest problem is the lack of what feels like meaningful group content, Hard mobs, and Dungeons (I prefer old school open world dungeons not wow instances, but I would take either honestly). I am also not a fan of some choices made on pets and other cash shop related things, but those would not be enough to keep me from the game.  For now I hold out hope that Pantheon will see the light of day and be my next mmo (been without one for a long time now).
  • DawgdocDawgdoc Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Whats wrong with BDO?

For me its just plain boring and uninteresting. That combined with a cluttered unintuitive UI and a confusing new player experience.

I gave up about 2 weeks ago. Just wasnt holding my interest.

FWIW......
  • NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    For me, LAG!!! Last 2 nights I tried to play lag was so bad I wound up logging out. Played other games with no issue so not my net. I mean lag so bad I'd hit a potion and it would go on CD but never have been used, couldn't talk to NPC's, etc.

Steam: Neph

• rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Luiden said:

rertez said:
    Luiden said:
    rertez said:
    josko9 said:

That's because there isn't much to google about that type of game.  For MMORPGs people use Google a lot for quest information, research.  For Dota 2 it might be to look at a class build?  That's why you can't use this approach to compare the games, they are very different games and the way people are going to use Google for those games are different.
    That's the point I was talking about too. It's up to a lot of factors like game design choices and how the devs choose to communicate with their audience. Newer games don't really rely on an extensive amount of third party resources. New products have their ingame informations, tooltips, tutorials, official wikis, forums, sometimes a single source as a centralized build database and that's all. They usually just simply can't afford to make their customers look around and research stuff just to be able to play the game. We mostly just stopped to google the game title when we're already playing it. In other cases we go and ask a Twitch streamer or even Twitch chat about a specific game. Games also became more intuitive and/or more forgiving to new players because players don't like to research stuff before they even start. I know that BDO is an exception in that regard but I'm also pretty sure that most of the new players ask everything ingame from chat or from guild mates because they don't really want to hassle with google when they get their answers from the community. BDO's also very intuitive when it comes to combat mechanics and builds and a lot of players are pretty happy with it without even googling stuff. WoW's audience is different. They got used to googling even Armory profiles (even though it's been already implemented into BNet), addon databases (they need a lot of addons and how-to's), gear databases, quest guides, datamined news, patch notes and such.

Just imagine a GW2 player searching for "quest" guides. :) Jokes aside, for other stuff we all know that Dulfy's guides and Metabattle has everything that active GW2 players usually need besides the official website and reddit. Even /wiki chat commands are available ingame if I want to learn about combos, crafting or anything else in the game. Usually there's no need to google the game title itself when I have already decided to purchase the game.

I also bought BDO (100+ hrs game time so far) and I haven't used Google except for serching for the official BDO website to make my purchase there. The rest came from Twitch streams/chat, this site, YouTube and Dulfy's guides.

I remember that back in the day I had my browser constantly open with Thottbot/WoWHead, Curse and other sites while I was playing WoW. When I needed something I googled wow+keyword. I just don't do that with other games anymore. I ask the community ingame. If the community sucks then I leave.
    rertez said:
    That's the point I was talking about too. It's up to a lot of factors like game design choices and how the devs choose to communicate with their audience. Newer games don't really rely on an extensive amount of third party resources. New products have their ingame informations, tooltips, tutorials, official wikis, forums, sometimes a single source as a centralized build database and that's all. They usually just simply can't afford to make their customers look around and research stuff just to be able to play the game. We mostly just stopped to google the game title when we're already playing it. In other cases we go and ask a Twitch streamer or even Twitch chat about a specific game. Games also became more intuitive and/or more forgiving to new players because players don't like to research stuff before they even start. I know that BDO is an exception in that regard but I'm also pretty sure that most of the new players ask everything ingame from chat or from guild mates because they don't really want to hassle with google when they get their answers from the community. BDO's also very intuitive when it comes to combat mechanics and builds and a lot of players are pretty happy with it without even googling stuff. WoW's audience is different. They got used to googling even Armory profiles (even though it's been already implemented into BNet), addon databases (they need a lot of addons and how-to's), gear databases, quest guides, datamined news, patch notes and such.

Just imagine a GW2 player searching for "quest" guides. :) Jokes aside, for other stuff we all know that Dulfy's guides and Metabattle has everything that active GW2 players usually need besides the official website and reddit. Even /wiki chat commands are available ingame if I want to learn about combos, crafting or anything else in the game. Usually there's no need to google the game title itself when I have already decided to purchase the game.

I also bought BDO (100+ hrs game time so far) and I haven't used Google except for serching for the official BDO website to make my purchase there. The rest came from Twitch streams/chat, this site, YouTube and Dulfy's guides.

I remember that back in the day I had my browser constantly open with Thottbot/WoWHead, Curse and other sites while I was playing WoW. When I needed something I googled wow+keyword. I just don't do that with other games anymore. I ask the community ingame. If the community sucks then I leave.
    I agree with that, I see where you are coming from now.  I still wouldn't use Dota 2 as a comparison, but I understand the point you are getting at.  I think it's a long way of saying that BDO is a newer generation where WoW is an older generation MMORPG so you can't really use google as an indicator.  
  • PeZzyPeZzy Member UncommonPosts: 154
    edited April 2016
    Black Desert has a beautiful world with a great deal of potential, but there are aspects that detract from my full enjoyment of this game.

In particular...

1) Classes seemed to be designed as an afterthought. Far too many melee-based classes. New classes tend to be OP for awhile. Little class interdependence.

2) All characters travel the same world path.

3) While combat has an interesting combo system, in practice it feels like a console-inspired, button mashing experience.

4) Potion and Egg spamming.

5) PvE is pretty much hammer the buttons until it's dead. Not much creativity here.

6) The grind...ugh. People complained about kill-ten-rats quests in the past. Well...this is pick a spot and kill thousands of 'rats'.

7) Auction system has greater price controls than other games, making it hard to "play the market". No player driven economy here.

It's a hot game right now, but once we catch up with Korea and the content dries up, people will easily jump ship just like they did in Korea.