Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grunil, the new Agerian

2»

Comments

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Sovrath said:
    Jeleena said:
    Iselin said:
    Sovrath said:
    How much is the Grunil? Is it paid with silver or something else? I'm referring to buying it from the black smith.

I think one has to play his mini-game though.
    Yeah, yes to both. Don't be a dummy like me and go to Altinova the first time with empty pockets :) Take a couple of million in gold bars with you and convert them at the warehouse there.

Like with all NPC vendors with Amity requirements for buying gear, you have to first raise his amity to 500 to buy one piece and each piece you buy costs x silver + 200 amity reduction. So you have to raise his amity back up to 500 from the 300 or so you have left to buy the second piece and so on.

Here is some information:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4ckqh0/psa_there_is_an_npc_that_sells_grunil_in_altinova/
    Thanks to both of you, that's a huge help.
    Agree, thanks for the info.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Wow, I actually agreed with DMKano.  Unless you have cash and the patience to replace gems in your full Grunil it is not worth it.  I am running with 3 piece Taritas and 1 Grunil.    Just reroll the game if you get the fail to spark interest, just costs energy.
      OMG I am Ancient!
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited April 2016
    Azmodeus said:
    Wow, I actually agreed with DMKano.  Unless you have cash and the patience to replace gems in your full Grunil it is not worth it.  I am running with 3 piece Taritas and 1 Grunil.    Just reroll the game if you get the fail to spark interest, just costs energy.
    One Grunil piece seems sort of random since you need a pair to activate any of the set buffs and individual pieces give you nothing special. That seems like an odd choice unless you're doing it just for that extra gem slot.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    All I can say is I sure hope some Western MMO developer takes heed of their success and uses the ideas of systems depth, complexity, and diversity combined with sheer number of different systems all of them exhibiting the same level of depth and complexity, with action combat that feels more action than Skyrim, but does it all sans Eastern influence, more polish, and no unabashed cash shop greed.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• BruhzaBruhza Member UncommonPosts: 391
    DMKano said:
    There is a downside to Grunil that should be pointed out:

First Grunil is a fantastic general set that will work for just about any class in Black Desert - HOWEVER - you will need pricey gems to really make it work (double gem slots), and yes these break on death easily but provide high bonuses 

Without good gems - you're getting less bonuses than existing pre-mediah armor.

So it's an expensive set to own as without pricy gems - you're honestly better off with a mix of Heve/Agerian/Taritas (depending on class).

Also the Amity game for Yuria was cake - the one for Grunil is painful frankly because of "fail 5 times to spark interest" being impossible as only 1 or 2 are low % - everything else is above 80%.

I actually got my Grunil as drops off mobs /shrug

Yeah, Grunil is great but a lot harder to bring up to speed.
  • BruhzaBruhza Member UncommonPosts: 391

Velocinox said:
    All I can say is I sure hope some Western MMO developer takes heed of their success and uses the ideas of systems depth, complexity, and diversity combined with sheer number of different systems all of them exhibiting the same level of depth and complexity, with action combat that feels more action than Skyrim, but does it all sans Eastern influence, more polish, and no unabashed cash shop greed.
    I know it's just an opinion, but I think we got lucky with our version of the cash shop. Both RU an KR are blatantly P2W, we just have expensive costumes, a questionable (but not all THAT bad) treant suit and some other convenience things.

Also pets, which you do at least need one (but since one does come with the $50 version, which is still not all that bad considering it used to be common to charge that much for just the game and then a sub on top.)

I guess what I'm saying is that the cash shop feels fair to me even after all this time.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Bruhza said:

Velocinox said:
    I know it's just an opinion, but I think we got lucky with our version of the cash shop. Both RU an KR are blatantly P2W, we just have expensive costumes, a questionable (but not all THAT bad) treant suit and some other convenience things.

Also pets, which you do at least need one (but since one does come with the $50 version, which is still not all that bad considering it used to be common to charge that much for just the game and then a sub on top.)

I guess what I'm saying is that the cash shop feels fair to me even after all this time.
    Totally agree, the cash shop is actually one of the best in any mmo. There are very few mmos these days that have as little p2w monetization as BDO.

Some items might seem pricey, and any cost reduction is of course welcome, but the important thing is that there is basically no way to outright buy power - and I find that absolutely fabulous.
  • VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    edited April 2016
    Bruhza said:

Velocinox said:

I've been playing without a pet my entire time. I simply haven't decided on one since they keep doling out new ones each patch it seems.

And if you think the NA/EU version isn't P2W then you haven't looked deeper into the implications of much of the cash shop items. There is plenty of advantage there to be bought. Not the least of which is the pet roulette RNG box breeding. $10 a pop to take a chance... a chance at dramatic game advantage.

If it affects the game it needs to be included in the game and be part of the included fee. It should not be an optional charge. Cosmetics are fine, but game-play should not be an additional charge and when we went down that road 10+ years ago and we all just shrugged and said, "Ok"... we screwed ourselves.

I know... you're going to defend your new game. And perhaps my point would get across better if I didn't tie this to your current source of endorphins, but this is a valid point regardless of the newness of the game.

Whatever, I'm off-topic anyway, and being in any way critical of the new hotness even if you compliment it first is usually met with universal disdain (you don't insult your drug dealer) is never a good idea. So, I'll stop soap-boxing.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.