Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Almost all the archetypes can be female or male

FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356
edited April 2016 in Crowfall
Almost all the archetypes can be played as male or female:

Only 4 "beast" races are genderless or gender locked. 

The suspects (click on the image to enlarge) :

Guinecean            Elken                    Minotaur                   Stoneborn

Considering that ACE created the female centaur and female assassin after getting feedback from the community, I wouldn't be surprised if the future archetypes to be announced were available in both genders.
Post edited by Franciscourant on

Comments

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242

Is there one current race (elken, guinecean, stoneborn, minotaur) for which you'd like to see a female counterpart added?
    Wait, wait...You want to say we can't play female guinea pig???

OMG GENDER LOCKZZZ!1!1!!!
     W...aaagh?
  • FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356

Is there one current race (elken, guinecean, stoneborn, minotaur) for which you'd like to see a female counterpart added?
    Wait, wait...You want to say we can't play female guinea pig???

OMG GENDER LOCKZZZ!1!1!!!
    Soon?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Perhaps they ran out their time line on character creation,so needed to move on to the next phase of development,no time left to finish the classes.

If you don't actually believe devs cut corners to save cost and time,just look at H1z1 ,they released that for 30 bucks CDN with only ONE model in total...lmao.So yeah you had better believe when things looks odd,it is usually because of money/time.

What has Crowfall team been showing you so far?PVP yep the one aspect of gaming that takes zero effort to implement.It really does seriously baffle me,things seem so obvious yet always seems gamer's all over are just baffled by everything that goes on in game development,just think $$$$$$ and all should make very clear sense.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    wait..what? Crowfall ALSO has gender locking?

how did this and 'online multiplayer shooter is an MMO' become so friggin popular all of the sudden?

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

SEANMCAD said:
    wait..what? Crowfall ALSO has gender locking?

how did this and 'online multiplayer shooter is an MMO' become so friggin popular all of the sudden?
    The "beast" races (4) are gender locked, all the rest can be played as male or female. Which makes sense I guess: it would be difficult to justify the development (concept art, character model, animations, etc.) of a female version of the guinea pig, elk and minotaur. =P
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    edited April 2016
    Wait no Tranny races? o:)

Wait no Tranny races? o:)
    The closer we got would be the male assassin...

Not a fan of the male fae, maybe I'll get used to it. xD
  • seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714
    The "beast" races (4) are gender locked, all the rest can be played as male or female. Which makes sense I guess: it would be difficult to justify the development (concept art, character model, animations, etc.) of a female version of the guinea pig, elk and minotaur. =P
    Why would this be hard to justify? Male players may be dominant but is that a reason to discount the many female players who would want to play those races and not feel like they've got to play male avatars? Just seems silly to me when almost every other MMORPG, indie or AAA has been able to have both male and female versions of their races. 

Originally posted by Scagweed22
    is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
    Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

• VarkingVarking Member UncommonPosts: 542
    Wizardry said:
    Perhaps they ran out their time line on character creation,so needed to move on to the next phase of development,no time left to finish the classes.

If you don't actually believe devs cut corners to save cost and time,just look at H1z1 ,they released that for 30 bucks CDN with only ONE model in total...lmao.So yeah you had better believe when things looks odd,it is usually because of money/time.

What has Crowfall team been showing you so far?PVP yep the one aspect of gaming that takes zero effort to implement.It really does seriously baffle me,things seem so obvious yet always seems gamer's all over are just baffled by everything that goes on in game development,just think $$$$$$ and all should make very clear sense.
    I take it you aren't in the testing for Crowfall? They have no time to finish classes and moved onto the next phase of development? They are developing the classes as we test for them. Only a few of the classes are actually in the game ready for us to test. This also isn't a PVE game so what PVE do they need to test right now? Most of the tests they have been running are just for pre-Alpha backers so it isn't like this game is in Beta 2 and there is nothing to test. We are testing systems and giving feedback on combat, because if combat isn't fun, they will need to rework it. And as they add in these classes it all changes a little bit.
    Ozreth said:
    Why would this be hard to justify? Male players may be dominant but is that a reason to discount the many female players who would want to play those races and not feel like they've got to play male avatars? Just seems silly to me when almost every other MMORPG, indie or AAA has been able to have both male and female versions of their races. 
    I'm not discounting female players and ACE probably isn't either. It's a question of resources available and benefits. If the difference between a female or male guinea pig is minimal and it adds nothing to the game to make a "female guinea pig", then it's hard to justify spending time and money to create the concept art, the character models, the armors, the animations, etc.

ACE has a small budget for this game compared to AAA MMORPGs, so money shouldn't be spent on  what I consider useless stuff like that.
  • Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538
    Wizardry said:

It's cute how you think you know what you're talking about.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Wait, there's a confessor class?

I'm going to start paying attention to this game. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I like the fact that they have some kind of lore and reasoning behind why certain races don't split into male/female.

I'm more concerned about how combat turns out than genders right now.

There's a battle on their forums between people who desire combat more like Blade & Sou/Dark Souls and the folks who want the FPS bunny hopping Darkfalls type system type deal.

They got bigger fish to fry. There is no gender locks as far as I'm concerned.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I like the fact that they have some kind of lore and reasoning behind why certain races don't split into male/female.

There's a battle on their forums between people who desire combat more like Blade & Sou/Dark Souls and the folks who want the FPS bunny hopping Darkfalls type system type deal.

It seems to me like the large majority of the vocal testers want (to a certain degree) faster combat and more mobility. The developers are listening a lot to the community and have been making several adjustments, like recently allowing players to perform melee basic attacks while running, as opposed to animation lock. Slowly... but surely we should get a decent combat in Crowfall. =P
    Wait, there's a confessor class?

I'm going to start paying attention to this game. 
    It's one of the 5 archetypes currently being tested =) It's fun, lot of CC like stuns and knock-up, decent damage at mid-range, flame-thrower / fire tornadoes / aoe spells, etc. and pretty mobile.
  • GrunimGrunim Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Oh wow, I haven't paid attention to this game.  I LOVE centaurs and also games that allow you to play either gender. 

I used to play male and female centaurs on a certain MUD many years ago and I've never done that in an MMORPG yet.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Better than Arche Age?
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

It seems to me like the large majority of the vocal testers want (to a certain degree) faster combat and more mobility. The developers are listening a lot to the community and have been making several adjustments, like recently allowing players to perform melee basic attacks while running, as opposed to animation lock. Slowly... but surely we should get a decent combat in Crowfall. =P
    I'm not for attacking willy nilly with no risk v reward. It looks and plays ugly and has no weight to it. I come an fighting game perspective though. I hope they execute it well and it doesn't turn out to be like Darkfall.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Shas_TraitorShas_Traitor Member UncommonPosts: 8
     I hope they execute it well and it doesn't turn out to be like Darkfall.
    That game had potential in it's concept, the execution of it was an abortion.