Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Incursions Notes Released - Big Crafting Changes Coming

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageIncursions Notes Released - Big Crafting Changes Coming

Ubisoft has released the official patch notes for the Incursions update for The Division. Along with the addition of group content called Incursions, players can expect some significant changes to the crafting system.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562
    edited April 2016
    better start deconstructing my crap quickly!?!?! and upgrading my crafting materials! thanks MMORPG.COM
  • rapatpamprapatpamp Member UncommonPosts: 144
    edited April 2016
    Yep deconstruct now........ Seems a bit drastic on the increase, 3x the amount is too much. Then you lower the deconstructing amount so it's really even more. Me sad :(
  • April-RainApril-Rain Member UncommonPosts: 316
    I thought crafting costs were high now, with these changes they make crafting impossible and pointless to the casual player, a good way to piss off 60% of your player base within the first month of operation.

Playing: FFXIV
    Future: wishing for SWG 2, World of Warcraft Classic
    Played: Most current and extinct MMO's - 18 Years in....

Interesting Fact - I own 27 Tarantula's

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    unless the crafting assignments give a lot of mats the crafting changes are pretty terrible IMO.
  • Major69er1Major69er1 Member UncommonPosts: 133
    This Game is getting worse every patch. The grind for gear is already bad.
  • JimWraithJimWraith Member UncommonPosts: 127
    edited April 2016
    I don't understand why they are making the crafting system more prohibitive. As a casual player I feel crafting is on point.

It feels like this change is setup to hinder the content locusts, which hurts crafting for everyone, period.

But then my clan mates don't find crafting to currently be worth the time except for filling gaps in gear, so it makes even less sense to me to shoot crafting in the foot like this.

[Edited for clarity.]
  • CavemanBECavemanBE Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Play rhe game from day 1 crafted al my gear ( not  the best imo :(
    Never got a high end drop . Now this nice one pff.
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Was getting interested in buying this game but seems from the comments above a casual player like me will be screwed... Shame because it does look good...
  • rapatpamprapatpamp Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Was getting interested in buying this game but seems from the comments above a casual player like me will be screwed... Shame because it does look good...
    If it doesn't go through you'll be fine, if it does that's another story.
  • yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Dont worry, crafting matters little in this game until late game except for weapon attachments. Gear drops are frequent enough to justify the nerf. Seriously, with 40% scavenging bonus blue drops left and right, named bosses will always drops purple. Not to mention resource nodes. 

I have so much crafting mats, I just dont know what to do with them anymore and I'm just about 40-ish hour in.