Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    White Lion was my first main when the game was live. I loved sending my cat to snatch people off the battlements in RvR. I eventually switched to Knight of the Blazing Sun. Aura tanking is fun.
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    I took a Ironbreaker to 40 on live but never could get into the good on this game. The green skins in WAR have so much more personality than the wow ones that you can't help but play one. In wow I couldnt play horde as much as I tried to and friends did.

Destruction has the larger population so far on this server from what I've seen but I get a lot of cross tells from players on order side and they say there is a good number of smaller good pre-made guilds running order. Id really like to see this project finished though including the pve as the PQ system was loads of fun and the dungeons.
  • csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    I liked the White Lion class, I've always targeted the witch class? Before they went invis and my pet would always break invis then it was easy pickings.
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    I'm not really into sustained nostalgia.
  • TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629
    edited April 2016
    Orc Choppa was my first character in the main game.

Never made past T3 but had a blast when I played.

Most memorable moment in WAR was when I made a Tier 1 RVR-Guild called "Gruntys Big Bang" which the name was inspired by Gruntilda from Banjo Kazooie (N64) and it blew up into hundreds of members but didn't last long because of poor leadership.

I was a poor guild leader and have since never created/led a guild in other MMOs. XD
    Post edited by Tybost on
  • PhoebesPhoebes Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Is it a pvp server?

• Saur0n69Saur0n69 Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Tybost said:
    Orc Choppa was my first character in beta and in the main game.

Never made past T3 but had a blast when I played.

Most memorable moment in WAR was when I made a Tier 1 RVR-Guild called "Gruntys Big Bang" which the name was inspired by Gruntilda from Banjo Kazooie (N64) and it blew up into hundreds of members but didn't last long because of poor leadership.

I was a poor guild leader and have since never created/led a guild in other MMOs. XD
    There were choppas in beta?
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Sad to say the reborn game is still way way to rough for me to enjoy. I am impressed at how much they have working but still to many small annoyances to really get in to it.

This have been a good conversation

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    MikeB said:
    I actually played a little last night. Always fun shooting some dirty gobbos with my Shadow Warrior.
    Heh, I used to play Squig Herder but now I'm trying Shadow Warrior, I like its versatility but it doesn't seem to have stealth like the name implies?

imageimage

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    MikeB said:
    I actually played a little last night. Always fun shooting some dirty gobbos with my Shadow Warrior.
    What's your IG name so I can set up a target macro? >:)

Just kidding...I'm order too, meh.

To anyone thinking of joining, bare in mind the game is in alpha state. Most things work but a lot still don't.
    As stated above, T4 isn't open yet but that's not all. Many PQs don't work (but they do intend to get them all working eventually), most renown abilities aren't implemented yet (ie: last stand, cleansing winds) so far only the stat related renown passives work, lots of things are still buggy etc.
    The guys working on this emulator are doing it on their free time so things move along slower than you'd expect from a AAA studio.
    On the upside, for us players it's entirely free and has no cash shop, nor will it ever have one. There's no RMT filth either, yay to that.
  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    edited April 2016
    Phoebes said:
    Is it a pvp server?

The each zone has a pvp area, a "well" in between pve sides of the opposing factions. From tier 2 to 4, the wells have keeps which can be captured, defended and attacked. The mob scripting is still unfinished, so the pve can be boring.

If you wander to the opposing faction's "side" of a zone, you will be flagged pvp as well, but there's little reason to do this, unless you're working to earn given achievements.

Saur0n69 said:

No, he may be referencing Black Orc incorrectly, or remembering wrong.

TaishiFox said:
    Heh, I used to play Squig Herder but now I'm trying Shadow Warrior, I like its versatility but it doesn't seem to have stealth like the name implies?

No, stealth classes are Witch Elf and Witch Hunter.
    tawess said:
    Sad to say the reborn game is still way way to rough for me to enjoy. I am impressed at how much they have working but still to many small annoyances to really get in to it.

It is still, but the ground they have gained in the last 6 months in phenomenal. They've already done with it way more than I'd imagined they'd cared to restore. Good chance they're doing more.

edit: I've been thinking about Orc Choppa, and I think they were in beta, but were called something else, berzerker maybe. That totally skipped my mind. Sorry.
    Post edited by Adjuvant1 on
    edited April 2016
    tawess said:
    I actually kinda agree I think they should of worked on each teir completely fixing it before moving up to tier 4. But I can get into reckoning fine just miss some of the PQs and I noticed if you get blue or purple bags there is never any gear in the pq bags just coin and crafting supplies which sucks. All and all though it would be nice to park some 35R40 toons to get ready for tier 4 as it sounds like R60-80 is what they are targeting for but not until they release fortresses and city scns for sovereign gear.  

Also worth mentioning as of 4:17pm EST there is 1002/1200 online playing ROR 51% destro 49% order 
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    cronius77 said:
    tawess said:
    I actually kinda agree I think they should of worked on each teir completely fixing it before moving up to tier 4. But I can get into reckoning fine just miss some of the PQs and I noticed if you get blue or purple bags there is never any gear in the pq bags just coin and crafting supplies which sucks. All and all though it would be nice to park some 35R40 toons to get ready for tier 4 as it sounds like R60-80 is what they are targeting for but not until they release fortresses and city scns for sovereign gear.  

Also worth mentioning as of 4:17pm EST there is 1002/1200 online playing ROR 51% destro 49% order 

Well, the people doing the dev work are not getting paid so they will do what they want.  If you want to do some development work yourself then apply here:   http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=45

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Sweet! Will be giving this a go as soon as I can dig out my old game cd.
    Don't need it.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    It's cool people are doing this.  Game was lots of fun.  Gets slammed way more than it deserved.

I don't think I'll dip in, though.  Pretty busy with BnS, but I wish them well with the project.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Sweet! Will be giving this a go as soon as I can dig out my old game cd.

You have to download the client.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629

Saur0n69 said:
    No, he may be referencing Black Orc incorrectly, or remembering wrong.
    8 years is a long time to remember the smaller details... XD I definitely played as an orc in beta and do recall having a shield... but mostly played as a choppa in the main game.

I may try out the private server sometime...but BDO is calling me right now.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I'm currently trying the private server...  And it's well done so far (only T1 Order right now)..  And the PvP lakes seem active.  That's a good thing.  Leveling a Warrior Priest (mained a Witch Hunter during live, my secondary was a Warrior Priest though)..

Some thing still don't work as intended, and there are bugs....  But it beats the hell outta every early access title I've ever played in that realm.  So it's definitely enjoyablr, and the chat has been lively.  I've even gotten a couple of impromptu groups going around PQs.  That's probably been my favorite part.

the community is very active I been leveling on both order and destro side through tier 3. For the most part the community is great but they are starting to get some trolls in the game now but I think the devs will handle that fast. Action is active at most times of the day/night from what Ive seen and keep takes and defenses happen regularly, the 35/40 renoun cap kinda sucks as its easy to hit in no time at all but soon those caps are being removed with tier 4. 
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    I jumped on this last weekend, didn't know this existed before seeing it mentioned on these forums. 

I played a Black Orc when it was live, think I topped out at R40RR68 or so. I enjoyed the game, however, it got very 1 dimensional (get in a premade and pvp). I think I lasted 6 months after release then left, came back a couple of times for 1-2 months each. 

On RoR, I've decided to play a warrior priest. I've never played a healer before in an MMO and I remember warrior priests being pretty bad ass. I'm only r7rr10 atm but enjoying it. I've been struggling to get a decent UI setup though. I remember spending hours perfecting my UI with live but obviously most mods have disappeared now. 

My only real complaint about the emulator so far is scenario groups. Out of the 15-20 scenarios I've played so far, virtually every one of them we've started with 5-7 order vs full destro and it usually takes a few minutes before order has filled up. Means every scenario destro manage to get a 100point lead before the teams balance out. Its still fun though

I am thinking about rolling a melee dps. I'd be curious to see stats, but noticed hardly any melee dps on order side, seemed to be endless healers, tanks and bright wizards. 
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    WAR was such a buggy, incomplete mess when it was released......Really this game and Conan hurt the MMO industry with terrible releases.
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Conan had so much damn potential too. That's definitely a game that was ruined by a horrible release than actual game.
    I agree mythic botched this game but to be perfectly fair with a little info from devs I know in the area I used to live it was EA and not Mark Jacobs or the team. Warhammer was over budget and behind schedule and EA did was EA does to all their games- released it unfinished. There is so much unfinished stuff in WAR that never made it to live like the elves and green skins/dwarfs cities. Not to mention the complete destruction of any content patches for pve which is what was planned also. There was PVE sets that matched rvr sets that were going into game at one point and never made it along with other dungeons and live events. EA pulled all that in favor of a last ditch effort on RVR packs and what ultimately killed the game with the insane stat increases along with land of the dead pocket items. People I think do not understand how much EA actually does influence the gaming industry for the negative. Warhammer and Mythic never really got much of a chance to make warhammer what it was to become and what it should of been, you can blame EA for that one and to an extent MJ for signing a deal with the devil instead of funding it off DAOC.
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    What's funny is the bugs people are complaining about were issues in live which was a big part of its failure.  I enjoyed my time in WAR but it was released too early as an incomplete, buggy mess.  All the issues wore players down after awhile and wasn't worth $15/month for incomplete game.  Thinking about downloading and jumping in this weekend.  I did love the atmosphere of WAR despite its flaws. 
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube