Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there anything Blizz could do to bring you back?

Comments

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    CrazKanuk said:
    danwest58 said:
    Lazzaro said:
    This is for people who have quit over the years, so if you're playing this isn't for ya. :awesome: 

For me it's simple, take out the LFG/LFR tool instaport to dungeon or give me a PvP server w/o this feature.  I honestly think this is the reason WOW has lost it's sense of community and the socialization.  I don't care if there is a tool that puts you in a group, but the BOOM you're in the instance kills any sort of world discovery or open world PvP on the PvP servers.  I just want that feel of the world being populated and not people just sitting in town and pressing the LFG button.  

Definitely not removing the LFG/LFR tool.  Manually traveling anywhere in WoW would make me puke a little in my mouth I think.  See the uproar over the removal of flight in Draenor?  Now try it with grouping tools HAHAHAHA.  Game would be dead in 3 months.
    Phoenixfire2, 

You and a few hundred wow forum trolls would think so.  Yet if WOW got rid of the LFD/LFR tool and the raids, and went back to more of a CC, and focused fire dungeon system like was in vanilla WOW (Maybe with a bit less trash and dungeons that took maybe 90 minutes on the high end and 45 minutes on the low end) I know I would be back.  If I come back so would over 2 dozen of my friends, and then their friends.  This forum is littered with people who want that and who know more people who want that.  Hell how many Millions quit because of the LFD/LFR tools?  It would be a lot better not the doom and gloom you say.  

Ok, so there are a couple things. First of all, I have to disagree about these mythical swarms of people you claim would come flooding back to WoW. It quite simply wouldn't happen. I would even go as far as to say that the majority of those, like you, who say they WOULD come back, wouldn't. 

Honestly, I'd love for them to set up new servers specifically for this reason. I do see dozens of people on these forums advocating for these types of games, and those dozens of people might actually play those games. However, you're talking like these dozens of people are representative of a collective of millions. Shit, take a look at some of the recent "old school" kickstarter campaigns. They tend to perform horribly. Another great example is SWGEMU. With all the bitching and whining people do on this site, even after SWGEMU became part of/endorsed by Daybreak Games, they still show peak users of less than 1000. 

I'm not saying that some people wouldn't come back, but I think that you're grossly misrepresenting the numbers. Actually, I'd say it's unrealistic.

Ideally, I'd love to see them offer a wide variety of server configurations so everyone can be happy. I think the biggest problem with that would be server populations, but I'd still like to see how it works. 

Personally, I don't mind the LFG/LFR. The biggest issue I see is that there really isn't any group content. Removing LFG/LFR is like a band-aid solution. It's addressing the symptom of a lack of reasons to leave major cities. Give people a reason to get out of the cities and they will. 

Secondly, I'd love my skill tree back. 

Third, I want my crafting back. I know it was shallow before, but WoD was horrible. 

While you have a hard time believing that there are a lot of people out there that wouldnt come back can tell you there are.  I know we are not supposed to talk about this but I have friends who play on private vanilla WOW servers, some of them have over 10K in population.  That is a lot for a private server. 

Also to equate WOW to the SWG group is a joke.  the peak of SWG's population was 500K, WOW from Vanilla to TBC had 11.5 Million.  That is a huge number so you will get a lot more people coming back by going back to some old school designs.  Like I said I will come back and right now in WOW's current state I refuse too and I have not played in 2 years yet I will if WOW gets rid of LFD/LFR and goes back to more of a TBC type of 5 man setup.  

I been around MMOs a long time and made a lot of friends even though many of them do not play MMOs anymore and quit when WOW went to the shitter.  However I still talk to them every so often and the story is still the same.  They want more of a vanilla WOW TBC WOW game just with less grind really.  
  • SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329
    Nothing they can do would bring me back to WoW.
  • wildarms2wildarms2 Member UncommonPosts: 80
    If they finaly went F2P i might  but game is borring  tryed a month   in jan-feb  and there nothing new  its al lthe same 

moo all

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    edited March 2016
    Lazzaro said:
    This is for people who have quit over the years, so if you're playing this isn't for ya. :awesome: 

For me it's simple, take out the LFG/LFR tool instaport to dungeon or give me a PvP server w/o this feature.  I honestly think this is the reason WOW has lost it's sense of community and the socialization.  I don't care if there is a tool that puts you in a group, but the BOOM you're in the instance kills any sort of world discovery or open world PvP on the PvP servers.  I just want that feel of the world being populated and not people just sitting in town and pressing the LFG button.  

Yes it was the dungeon community that turned me off the game so I guess that would fix it. Likely for Blizzard to do this... big no.
    Chamber of Chains
  • koljanekoljane Member UncommonPosts: 171
    Expansion Out - Download - Play - 3 months after - cancel sub - waiting for new one while playing other shity MMO`s :pleased: 
  • Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    I'm mystified about the clamour for 'vanilla' WoW. So you want WoW to have about 10% of the content it has now? 10% of the dungeons? That will make it better?
  • VarkingVarking Member UncommonPosts: 542
    There is nothing that can be done to bring me back to WoW. I enjoy starting a game fresh, making a mark, and being a top player on my server for a few years. Its too late for me  now to do all that in WoW.
  • GravebladeGraveblade Member UncommonPosts: 547
    Kane72 said:
    I'm mystified about the clamour for 'vanilla' WoW. So you want WoW to have about 10% of the content it has now? 10% of the dungeons? That will make it better?
    It was actually challenging and not so dumbed down. No fast travel everywhere, you would meet people out in the open world in places you would never expect and that includes pvp too. Personally I think the balance of damage and the combat abilities was better too for some classes too.

One thing I liked was that it actually payed off to have a group of friends who knew what they were doing, even just in normal low lvl dungeons. Because of this challenge it was more sociable and advantageous to create relationships, there was a good chance that randoms would fail.
    Started playing mmorpg's in 1996 and have been hooked ever since. It began with Kingdom of Drakkar, Ultima Online, Everquest, DAoC, WoW...
  • KrynKryn Member UncommonPosts: 172
    edited April 2016
    Nothing.  I think I am done with it.  The last 2 times I went back I just can't take the old graphics anymore.  Thats just me....
  • AlcuinAlcuin Member UncommonPosts: 331
    New servers with varied rule sets: 

I'd like to play on a role-play enforced server with a high level of difficulty- harder world mobs, world PvP, No common language, no global chat, where everything costs more, gold has weight, fewer griffons, no LFD, etc. ... literally making the game hard to solo- that's the overall thought.  

Then I'd add other servers, where those players who want it, can have everything handed to them on a silver platter.  Instant level 100 if desired, maximum gear, etc.  

And a few in between.   No reason for them not to cater to us.  

This brings up difficulties with maintenance, I know, but you asked...

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    Nah, not really.

I check back with each expansion and I usually last less than a week. I have fond memories of the game - but I burned out long, long ago.

Essentially, I don't think any game can last forever. No matter how great - and no matter how many expansions they release - there's going to be a time when you've simply had enough of the core experience.

There's no way the game could ever change enough to alter everything about it at the core, which is what would be necessary for me to get hooked again.

I think that's as it should be, as I quite enjoy trying new games - and I enjoy doing new things.

In fact, it's surprising to me that there are still people hooked on the game after 11 years. But I guess we all have different thresholds when it comes to repetition.
  • TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311
     That's a hard one. I left when Wrath came out and deleted all my toons so I would never return. I did return briefly for Cata.  WoW made many decisions and implemented new things through the years that I didn't like, by Wrath these had compounded to make the game (for me) no longer "good".

That being said, I will try any new MMORPGs they put out
  • SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317
    Lazzaro said:

Same as you, Remove LFG,LFR, Remove Insta-Ports
    Keep the Looking for Party menu, thats good, i like that =]
    No Cross-sever Bullshit, i want community, not the ass hats that go full potato on you in groups because they dont care and will never see you again.
    World Bosses = True
    Open World PvP = True
    (Call me crazy but) Daily World Faction grinding = True (BC Style, fuck yea)
    Make dungeons hard, Make Raids impossible
    100% Blue = Casual player
    50% Blue / 50% Purple = Semi-Hardcore
    100% Purple= Hardcore
    100% Purple + Legendary or Iconic Item/Weapon = Single, Unemployed and live with parents.

• Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    Yeah, the transition that killed WoW was the game turning into the hub world.  However, the reason this was done is because of time being an issue for the aging gaming population.  We get older, we have less time than we used to thanks to work, choirs, and family.  Having to run to a distant dungeon in game in the original WoW sometimes ended up being a grueling experience thanks to the dungeons position, which is why they had summoning stones.  Only issue with summoning stones is at least two people had to be at the dungeon to use them.

What I would like to see is a portal hub to all the dungeons you've unlocked in the main city so we can warp to the entrance when we need to.  Keep party finder in the game for the dungeons and just have it so everyone has to be at the dungeons summoning stone for the party to begin.  Boom, now we got our hub while still being true to the game world.
    I find it amazing that people really think WoW would be more desirable to play if they simply did away with the grouping tools.

The game got old - and the content was exhausted.

Having to spend hours trying to get a group together again would turn it around? Really?
  • WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 215
    You cant go back, only forward. You need to make an entire new game. WoW - 2
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    DKLond said:
    I find it amazing that people really think WoW would be more desirable to play if they simply did away with the grouping tools.

Having to spend hours trying to get a group together again would turn it around? Really?
    DKLond,

Only people with no social skills had real problems with getting parties.  I had a good guild that I could rely on 75% of the time and 100+ friends list I can rely on nearly the other 25% of the time.  Only a few times did I ever need to pug and that was because it was off hours.  And yes an MMO without todays Automated group finder tool is more desirable for me to play because it has destroyed any sense of being an MMO.  Do I think they needed a better LFG tool like FFXIV's Party finder or todays WOW LFG yep.  Nothing more.  If you were not capable to find people to play with that is your fault not the game's.  

When you have friends Text them a day or so ahead of time like I did and make plans to run an instance.  I was still doing this just a few months ago when my friends were playing FFXIV.  Its not hard to plan a little in advance.  Then you will not need to run 60 Dungeons to gear up, you might have to run 10 to 20 if that.  
    danwest58 said:
    DKLond said:

DKLond,

Only people with no social skills had real problems with getting parties.  I had a good guild that I could rely on 75% of the time and 100+ friends list I can rely on nearly the other 25% of the time.  Only a few times did I ever need to pug and that was because it was off hours.  And yes an MMO without todays Automated group finder tool is more desirable for me to play because it has destroyed any sense of being an MMO.  Do I think they needed a better LFG tool like FFXIV's Party finder or todays WOW LFG yep.  Nothing more.  If you were not capable to find people to play with that is your fault not the game's.  

When you have friends Text them a day or so ahead of time like I did and make plans to run an instance.  I was still doing this just a few months ago when my friends were playing FFXIV.  Its not hard to plan a little in advance.  Then you will not need to run 60 Dungeons to gear up, you might have to run 10 to 20 if that.  
    Are you seriously suggesting that the extra time involved with getting enough people for a raid or a dungeon is exclusively about "social skills"?

Because that's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Even at its height OW PvP was not Wow's focus.
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    WoW 2.  That would do it.  As it currently stands the whole thing is ridiculous.  The game system was never meant to handle level 100 characters. 
  • Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    centkin said:
    WoW 2.  That would do it.  As it currently stands the whole thing is ridiculous.  The game system was never meant to handle level 100 characters. 
    I would have said this a few years ago, but it's clear that Blizzard is now just very greedy, charging a sub but adding no content (how the heck do people see any value in that with the current other choices out there???).  WoW2 would just be modeled to rip off the customer like WoW is now.
  • Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    I'm not even advocating for them to get rid of grouping tools, just that they need real in game requirements that help the experience feel immersive.  Right now we're just instantly warping for no believable reason to dungeons that are pretty far away in the actual world. There are ways they can make it immersive without also making it time consuming.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    ckotoc said:
    Its fun to see people ask for vanilla and when they had the chance for some old style hardcore mmo with attunement etc that wildstar brought back they ignored it totally and now the game dies.And they keep asking for vanilla wow...
    Lol your so right, All these replies asking just what wildstar had at launch yet that game failed.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Torval said:
    Nothing they would seriously consider, but...
    - Roll back gameplay rules to WotLK with skill trees and crafting.
    - Sell the game B2P with a box fee and optional sub (that actually has some benefits/buffs) and a cash shop

I like the sound of the changes they are making to gearing in battlegrounds, if they made it b2p I would probably get it. I am not sure what state the rest of the game is in atm, but I did enjoy the pvp battlegrounds in WoW, the maps were pretty well done.
    I'd enjoy full loot open world PvP on the PvP servers - possibly using "phasing" technology to avoid griefing and ganking people who don't want any part in it.