Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is Your Go To Game?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
edited April 2016 in General Gaming
The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    edited April 2016
    The only games I've been going back to play regularly for years have been WoW (just started up again for the helluvit lol) and Diablo 3. Otherwise I just play new stuff.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• DeasantDeasant Member UncommonPosts: 198
    It WAS Age of Conan.  But now that  Black Desert is a thing... It'll eventually be that game as I try things like Overwatch and Battleborn. Or drive Raceroom for sim racing. Dirt 3 is still my go to for quick pick up controller fun racing. Joint Operations was my go to shooter for 8 years. Now I don't have one :(
  • thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    Eve. I take breaks but i can never leave.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    UO        18 years now ....
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    UO with original graphics and no macros if that publicly existed.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    I don't have a go to game anymore :( *reaches for tissue*

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Pretty much any Total War game.  If I need a game to play to fill in the time gaps in between game purchases I just fire up a Total War campaign.  Those usually take me around 70-100 hours to complete one so they make a great go to game for me to kill time. Lots of it if need be.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    You never quit EVE.  Especially if you have several characters with around 180 million SP... non-injected.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    Easy; Vendetta Online. 12 years and running.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Currently, my go to game is Paragon (Early Access).  It's free and it isn't half bad (if you keep in mind it's alpha).  We'll see if that changes soon.  Runner up goes to The Division and Fallout.

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Don't Starve.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited April 2016
    Although not that old, I always go back to GW2 after taking breaks of any length. Thats my go to online game.

As for offline, i dont have one. There are too many i want to play at any moment that i just get indecision and anxiety kicking in. As a result i end up not playing anything until im set on any single one at any given time.

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I don't have a go to game anymore :( *reaches for tissue*
    SWG?  Or my old go-to game, City of Heroes?  Since CoH closed I don't have one any more...

If it was life-or-death, I would pick EQ2, but the breaks I take from that game are far too long.  I am really hoping City of Titans and Heroes and Villains will be my go-to games after they release...

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    H1Z1 battle royal, Hearthstone and Path of Exile are the only games I find myself coming back to.

I just need an MMORPG on that list and I would consider it complete. It is sad, MMORPG's are my game of choice, yet it is all of the other genres that have delivered in the past decade.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited April 2016
    EVE and only EVE.

(well, except for occasional forays back to my favorite DAOC freeshard, which is about to happen again.)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784
    Phantasy Star Online 2, been playing it for a year and a half continuously now. Longest I've stuck with an MMO. 
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited April 2016
    1 ESO

2 War Thunder for pvp (also want to try Overwatch -- and I would play an mmorpg with TF2 combat for pve and pvp)

3 GW2 for when ESO has maintenance

For occasional binges -- Hearthstone and D3 (also War Thunder)

Wistful longing -- Darkfall. But I have 250 ping to the NA server, so that really sucks with a game like that.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Lineage 2 use to be that game I could always go back to. 
  • shadownight311shadownight311 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Allods online, I seem to always go back every now and then. Playing through the lastest patch and some good class changes. Also Secret World, I still think it has one of the best stories and dungeon designs in a MMO ever.

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,500
    For MMO's I rotate thru:

WOW
    LOTRO
    STWOR
    EQ2

I have played just about all of the MMO's that have released in the US but I keep going back to these 4 over the years.
  • xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Currently my go to games are

Most fun I have had in a long time with a ARPG

and

My serious RVR/PVP  MMO

Then its

Smite
    Paragon
    Hearthstone
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,703
    DOW2: Retribution - I just love last stand! Played when the original came out, then I bought the first expansion to get the chaos sorc and tyranid for last stand, then bought retribution. Each game is ~20m-30m so pretty quick, its fun, it has progression but I can also watch tv whilst playing. 

FFVII - If I go too long without playing an RPG and really get that itch, I know I can always go back to FF7 and scratch that itch. 

That's pretty much it for go-to games. I had more go-to games on consoles but I don't really have old consoles setup any more. My old go-to games were:

Mario Kart 64 - nothing better than getting mashed and playing this with ur mates. Was a regular drunken activity during uni. 

MX Superfly (xbox) - remains my favourite motocross game ever. Could race or go freestyle, great tracks, some lovely open levels to explore for freestyle, massive trick selection, great vehicle control. 

Skate 3 - I love all the skate games, but 3 has the largest trick selection, the park builder is pretty good and the hall of meat is just great fun. 

Gears of War - I'm not a fan of shooters in general, but i just love the art style of this game. 

Kelly Slater Pro Surfer - Whilst not a great game, I always found it very relaxing. I'd spend most of my time just cruising and trying to be stylish, rather than going for big points.