Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Uninstalled in less than an hour.

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,813
    edited April 2016
    Realizer said:
     You're the first person I've seen complain about the family name system which allows all your alts to share progression. It makes alts actually worth the time, instead of having to re-do every node.

Anyway, good luck finding a game you enjoy hope it works out for you.
    I gotta admit, that did strike me as odd too. Why such rage over something that doesn't really do anything?

Is it because it lets people see who his alts are? Which makes me wonder what he usually gets up to on other characters to make it such a big deal... >.>

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,127
    I was like that in closed beta 1.
    Thanks to a fellow poster here, I gave the game a real chance in closed beta 2, and I ended purchasing the $100 pre-order package.

I notice a trend among many of those who dislike it: they played very short times, and most likely didn't make any effort to understand most game mechanics.
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Intel Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER EVO 8GB DDR6 - RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Samsung U32J590 32" 4K monitor - Second display: Philips 273v 27" monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset - Sound: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    Realizer said:
     You're the first person I've seen complain about the family name system which allows all your alts to share progression. It makes alts actually worth the time, instead of having to re-do every node.

Anyway, good luck finding a game you enjoy hope it works out for you.
    I gotta admit, that did strike me as odd too. Why such rage over something that doesn't really do anything?

Is it because it lets people see who his alts are? Which makes me wonder what he usually gets up to on other characters to make it such a big deal... >.>
    I don't like it but purely because it annoys me to have a giant Bezerker and an 'female elven' ranger have the same name. Also, they do the names backwards which annoys the hell out of my as I live in the UK and we put our first names first...
  • pingopingo Member UncommonPosts: 608
    shawn01 said:

BDO has almost no social interaction, especially if you want to be a crafter. I had LGM everthing in daoc and sometimes when i would tire of rvr i would craft for a couple of weeks. Helping people spellcraft their gear or making them armor or whatever, and having conversations and interacting with people.

BDO feels lonely and boring because there are no necessary interactions and leveling is super fast.

Weird that this was your experience, because this completely changes once you get into the lvl 30s. A lot of people group up to grind together. It's quite social nice and reminds me of the grinding trains back in SWG. But this doesn't happen until the mid lvl 30s. 
    As you said, you level relatively fast, particularly early on, but once it slows down a bit, the game incentives you to group up.
    Every time I log on people want to group. Abandoned camp, trolls, khabuto cave. It's by far the most social MMO that I have played in a very long time.

BDO changes a lot further along you move. For example, when I got my Ultimate at lvl 30. yum. You basically get addicted to get to 100% to chunk it. 
    Enemies get really really hard. I'm surprised you say there is no depth. The lack of core rooting like in TERA is really what takes this to the next level.

It reminds me of people who scoof at street fighter. The complexity is lost on a lot of people because they are used to mashing buttons like in Mortal Kombat, not understanding the depth. Once you get higher and you fight a lot of mobs in big pulls above your level, particularly if you play sorc, you better know how to learn your class. And once you die and, the 1% xp loss hurts. 
    It makes for the most exciting and dynamic combat that I have tried in a MMO. You sense the rewarding in learning how to dodge and block. It's not done with slow telegraphic attacks like TERA which are bound in rooted animations, nor is it watered down by a global cooldown slowfest. It's really fast and immediate. 

My first exposure to the game was also that I felt the combat was super easy and shallow even though it was flashy. But its so good. It's also one of those things where it opens up the more skills you unlock.
    edited April 2016
    pingo said:
    It's also one of those things where it opens up the more skills you unlock.
    Isn't that true for all MMORPGs, and even all RPGs?
    Newbies have a one or two skills and mash them, and then it gets complex.
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Intel Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER EVO 8GB DDR6 - RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Samsung U32J590 32" 4K monitor - Second display: Philips 273v 27" monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset - Sound: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,171
    Realizer said:
    rapatpamp said:
    Took me 1hr 48 minutes to uninstall. I actually got a refund.

Didn't care for the graphics, your guy looks nice but NPC's looked weird with everything set on ultra.

Same for me on combat, or lack there-of. Left-click x10 = dead mobs.

Heck I was lv 11 and didn't really do anything lol.

I'm like you if ya like it enjoy but definitely not for me.

On a side not I felt like I was told how to do absolutley nothing. Some better tutorials would be nice.

That is where the skill is, being able to get exp and not get killed by other players while doing so. World bosses aren't until end game, early game you get easy summoned bosses that are more of a daily than something serious. 
    You do realise people do not first want to spend hour upon hour "to get where the skill is". I like the game, but can not blame people for wanting more of a challenge from the get go. 
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,171

filmoret said:
    IDK why some of you people are offended by this man's opinion.  He said it wasn't a complete review it was just how he felt after a few hours of gameplay.  It wasn't like he was ripping the game apart calling it a POS.  He just didn't like certain things and even said some people like this but he doesn't.  Now why all the offensive responses?
    Did you even read the OP? Or even the name of the thread? It is not a few hours of gameplay. It is less then an hour. And what he is stating is often incorrect. 

Not sure why people react offensive though, but can understand why people call reviews and reviewers like him out on the inaccuries. 
  • Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    There's this dude that pops up and screams at you, kills the immersion
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Well you can get a refund.  IDK the terms for a refund but they do give them.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 14,184
    I was like that in closed beta 1.
    Thanks to a fellow poster here, I gave the game a real chance in closed beta 2, and I ended purchasing the $100 pre-order package.

I notice a trend among many of those who dislike it: they played very short times, and most likely didn't make any effort to understand most game mechanics.
    I was one of those too except for me it was CB2... my post from those first few hours is around here somewhere in that old farts thread. I started off with a Sorcerer and that was a mistake because her quirky play style just added to the overall downright alien feel of the whole game for me.

After those first few CB2 hours I seriously though I was done with the game. Didn't uninstall but that was just laziness -- it was on my to-do list. But it was a fairly boring weekend for me - not much of anything else happening. So about a day and half later I fired it up again and tried a wizard. I escaped out of the annoying black spirit cut scenes and just went about grinding and questing my way to Velia.

The wiz just felt right to me. As I've said in other posts, it feels MMO-familiar from many other games and the flash and FX also seems natural since they tend to be the FX-heavy class in many otherwise subdued games.

While in Velia I followed up on some fishing quests and I found the fishing, especially the rewards at the trade manager, surprisingly enjoyable. Fishing led to special purpose house buying, contribution and node usage, raft crafting, etc. I didn't get into it at that point but it was enough introduction to get a taste and see how several seemingly separate and weird-seeming systems interconnected.

I just carried on grinding, questing and leveling past Velia and by the end of the weekend I was sorry to see CB2 end and was hooked.

But hey, I COULD have uninstalled after the first few hours. Although I've got to say, one hour? lol.
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

"... the "influencers" which is the tech name we call sell outs now..."
    __ Wizardry, 2020
  • BartrumBartrum Member UncommonPosts: 8
    edited April 2016

It is a shame to uninstall before Velia.  There is depth in this early area and the systems do start to interconnect.  The quests explain the systems.  The game develops significantly in Velia.

While in Velia I followed up on some fishing quests and I found the fishing, especially the rewards at the trade manager, surprisingly enjoyable. Fishing led to special purpose house buying, contribution and node usage, raft crafting, etc. I didn't get into it at that point but it was enough introduction to get a taste and see how several seemingly separate and weird-seeming systems interconnected.

edited April 2016
    Bartrum said:

It is a shame to uninstall before Velia.  There is depth in this early area and the systems do start to interconnect.  The quests explain the systems.  The game develops significantly in Velia.

Agreed. Quitting before Velia (which doesn't take that long to get to) is like quitting WoW before leaving Northshire Abbey (or any other starter area).

If one quits before setting up his first house and workshops, his first linked nodes, and/or built his first raft, he definitely didn't give the game a fair chance.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 17,516
    edited April 2016
    The "NODES" game is nothing more than a currency idea,it is done half ass as just a statistical idea and not implemented in the real world.The ONLY thing you see in the real world is the goofy lines shooting all over your map when you open it up.

House to setup the workshops,well a nice idea i agree,it does NOT make the game,it is not THE GAME,it is one very small idea that changes nothing.Example if i consider the class and combat to be utter trash,why would i bother to continue playing?BTW i did get to the city of Velia,that is actually when i quit,it did NOTHING to change my gaming experience.
    Go find some lost of hiding boy,try to recognize some thief,all fine and dandly but again,the game turned me off.Then seeing all the shores lines up with afk fish botters is the ultimate crap that i do NOT ever want to see in my games.It tells me right away the develoepr has not a clue about gaming and i could not support a clueless dev like that because if they are that stupid with fishing they will make other dumb ideas like that elsewhere in the game.

It is basically like your babysitter steals from you,would you trust him ever again,no of course not,same goes for game design,when i see stupid ideas,that dev cannot be trusted ever again.

All you have to do is watch what they do with the KR version and this version,they are RIPPING you guys off,they are NOT giving you the game,only pieces of it.As well you can fully expect the cash shop to change for the WORSE,expect it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Heh heh. So many wrong conclusions and assumptions in the OP I can only laugh.

An hour? Why even bother? lol :).
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,345
    filmoret said:
    IDK why some of you people are offended by this man's opinion.  He said it wasn't a complete review it was just how he felt after a few hours of gameplay.  It wasn't like he was ripping the game apart calling it a POS.  He just didn't like certain things and even said some people like this but he doesn't.  Now why all the offensive responses?
    Agreed. He shared his opinion after finding out the game is not for him.

Im still having a blast. And honestly If a game doesn't hook me in the first 1-3 hours, its not for me either. BDO hooked me on the character screen and refuses to let me go.

• KrynKryn Member UncommonPosts: 172
    What I dont get is people complain about forced group play...now they complain because its forced easy.  Please just make up your damn minds.  I am willing to bet some of you are in both crowds.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,345
    Kryn said:
    What I dont get is people complain about forced group play...now they complain because its forced easy.  Please just make up your damn minds.  I am willing to bet some of you are in both crowds.
    Many are in both crowds. The "doomed if you do, doomed if you don't" is stronger than ever in video games.

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 784
    Your loss.
  • healboothealboot Member UncommonPosts: 100
    I gave $100 towards this game and may have spent a little over an hour with it before i uninstalled and gave my account to a friend did not suit me either. The Fanbois of this title amaze me though kinda of like Bernie supporters lol

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,813
    healboot said:
    I gave $100 towards this game and may have spent a little over an hour with it before i uninstalled and gave my account to a friend did not suit me either. The Fanbois of this title amaze me though kinda of like Bernie supporters lol

Thank you for the support!
    Impulse buyers ftw! ;)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• KrynKryn Member UncommonPosts: 172
    edited April 2016
    healboot said:

Well, I support this game but can't say the same about Bernie.  Now what you gonna complain about?

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its a bad game.  I am enjoying it right now. The only thing I am watching closely is the cash shop.  I have a bad feeling long term about it.  Soon as it goes south I will stop playing.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    I would worry about the cash shop as well.
  • yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 234
    healboot said:

I was wondering about this yesterday. I have come to the conclusion it's because virtually all of the negative reviews, including this one after an hour's play, just sound so contrived.

Just as an example... The cosmetics weren't perfect? In which MMO are the cosmetics perfect then? Do you not play any MMO's because none have perfect cosmetics? lol :).
    It just stinks of yearning to post a negative review. All the negative reviews are pretty much like that here.

Now, if you want to start on some real negatives, think about the ever increasing PK ganking at level 46 and the fact that Daum have differed from the KR version and made that unavoidable. That stinks. Or post about  the marketplace, and the dev set price ranges. That in a lot of cases are set soooooo badly and really hinder the life skills.

There are real negatives in this game, it's just the negative reviewers here never seem to get past the "you can't have blue and red striped eyes in the character creator", lol :).

• AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Your loss, good thing for you is the Wow expansion is in beta.
      OMG I am Ancient!
  • NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

For some reason, proper quoting doesn't seem to work, so I'll just do it this way instead:

japormsx said:

"if a player dont like a game, then its better to move on instead of making these threads about how they dont like that particular game."

This has to be the dumbest comment I read on these forums. If we all took this "advice", it would be impossible to research any game, because everything would be praise. And japormsx, if you don't like threads like these, why both read them, and reply?

Btw, didn't buy the game, because of a few issues I didn't like, but a friend let me try it. Didn't like it either. The game world looks good, but just about everything else was even worse than I initially thought.