Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I love you guys...but...

postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
You may want to be more careful with your advertising slugs. When two completely different games have the same tagline...

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    My guess? They're probably for the same game. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    SBFord said:
    Unfortunately I clicked both and they were indeed different games. They were however both browser games, so by design they are the same game with different titles and graphics...but... ;-)

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    This is so far down on the list of things I care about that I can barely see it. 
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    flizzer said:
    This is so far down on the list of things I care about that I can barely see it. 
    I'm happy for you. Here's a cookie.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I posted this in another thread but here is where this stuff comes from. . at least the first time I saw it get this way (and why):

https://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2009/07/14/evolution-of-evony-video-game-ads/

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    its cmphamstr or something like that.  They do generic advertising then bring you to one of their connected games and it appears to be random.  Usually the pictures have nothing to do with the games its just a generic picture.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited April 2016
    SBFord said:
    Unfortunately I clicked both and they were indeed different games. They were however both browser games, so by design they are the same game with different titles and graphics...but... ;-)
    Did you notice by any chance if both games were made by R2Games? if so then it is exactly the same game with a different skin/name. Those guys love to copy paste

• larryp11233larryp11233 Member UncommonPosts: 97
    i see
    love hate relationship
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    sotasucks said:
    flizzer said:
    I'm happy for you. Here's a cookie.

Actually, people would probably care more about the Cookie, it looks delicious :p
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Who even clicks those links?
    I get the same "sponsored content" on my German news site with the exact same wording.

It's the kind of nonsense you should mentally block out.
    Harbinger of Fools