Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You'll Either Fall in Love or Uninstall It Within a Week - ASTA: The War of Tears and Winds Review

2»

Comments

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Dakeru said:
    It's hard to believe in the success of a game that was already shut down in its homeland.
    The publisher they had in Korea decided to go mobile games only.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Really there isnt alot wrong with the game I think I'm just tired of this type of MMO....It feels way too much like WoW and just running around aimlessly doing quests doesnt seem to do anything for me anymore......I didnt even bother to read a single quest in the game, just grab and go over and over....Judging by the lack of population maybe everyone else is tired of this kind of MMO too.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Not too far off of the score I gave it. I think the title is not true though. Fall in love with it or uninstall in a week is not very accurate. Uninstall it in an hour or enjoy it for awhile is more like it. ASTA is a good and sometimes very good time filler while you take a break from your regular game or wait for the mmo you really want to play. As @Torval said the subprofessions add greatly to the time spent in the game and even offer a way to progress your character away from the linear quest train. I am a fan of the game and being in an active guild has helped shield me from the small population because I always have guildies to play with. Guild wars have been a ton of fun and a highlight that was also overlooked in this review but is a big part of the game. It also is a very active part of the game. The also unmentioned variety in mounts,pets and character builds through the talent points which allow you to spec your class in a way that matches your playstyle is a good selling point to playing it. Overall a decent review, just needed more time exploring some of the things in the game that allow the game to stand on it's own. I play about every other day. Have been since the IBT and then again once open beta hit. 

sorry for the bold letters, I am on my chromebook in the airport lol 

• sazabiussazabius Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Holy shit this actually looks worse than WoW played on ultra-low settings... one of these games is 11 years old one isn't. Maybe the screens were taken on low settings - the world may never know (I sure won't because it's never getting installed in the first place).
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    edited April 2016
    It's too much like WoW to quit WoW to play this.  Even the UI seems like it blatantly ripped off WoW's.

Also, the fact that it was closed down in Korea means that anyone should think long and hard about investing any non-trivial amount of time in this game here...
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    GladDog said:
    Dakeru said:
    It's hard to believe in the success of a game that was already shut down in its homeland.
    I get your point but I don't believe it changes anything.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    I gave this game a few hours.  It is a good sleep aid imo.  It's not bad, it's not good, it feels like I have played it before...a lot.  It does not grab my attention at all, very predictable and easy, lackluster classes you would expect to see from a true WoW clone.

It's all around just meh.  My opinion of course.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Dakeru said:
    GladDog said:
    Dakeru said:
    I get your point but I don't believe it changes anything.
    The point is that no matter how successful the game was in Korea, they lost their publisher for no reason related to the game.  It was a marginal game in Korea, making money for the publisher, but not buckets. 

ASTA went against the driving force for Korean MMOs; brutal open world PvP.  That is most likely why they did not find another publisher there.  The makers of the game saw a bigger potential audience in the west, where mandatory PvP has a much smaller following.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• SquireXSquireX Member UncommonPosts: 82
    I was in the uninstall after a week camp. I tried a couple of classes in both factions but was never hooked by anything. The biggest turn off for me was the localization of quests. I'm one that actually likes to experience lore and read quests (I typically out level a zone since I focus on quests vs level grind) and I found this aspect of Asta to be just awful.
  • SunscourSunscour Member UncommonPosts: 186
    Enjoying this so far. Lots of Random things to do. I do like the Asian theme and I find the terrible translations funny.

Life is Short, Read a Book.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    That looks like a WoW screenshot, it sure that doesn't make me want to try it.

• cybersrscybersrs Member UncommonPosts: 181
    I'm getting this error "Over login fail count"... already tried making new account, still getting this error. Any idea? I can't open a ticket, because I can't login in the webzen website.

Torval said:
    cybersrs said:
    I'm getting this error "Over login fail count"... already tried making new account, still getting this error. Any idea? I can't open a ticket, because I can't login in the webzen website.

You really don't need to post this in every single thread. It's likely a problem with their site and connectivity. Wait a few hours and try again.
    Sorry, could not find ASTA forum in here.

It has been a week already.
    Torval said:
    There's not a lot you can do if their site won't work for you. You can do the basic stuff like logging in with a different browser or clear your cookies and your browser cache and try to login. If that doesn't work there's not a lot to do.

You could try emailing them, but they don't provide an easy to reach address and no support if you can't login. Webzen has one of the worst support systems along with Aeria. People knock PWE and Nexon but at least you can email if you have a problem.
    This menssage happens when I try to login in the game client as well.
    I can go on the website and create a new account, but in every account I create, I get this error when I try to login in the game client or website.
  • PeskyPesky Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Well this is a first! I'm not allowed to play!

After reading the review and comments, I decided to give the game a try. But I'm Australian and it looks like Australian IPs are blocked O.o

WTF!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• stimulus999stimulus999 Member UncommonPosts: 35
    this game was decent until i realized that it was open pvp past lvl 40 .all the dungeon entrances and public quests were being camped pretty badly when i played.
    ive been warned .lol
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Here's a first impressions vid by Lazy Peon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdXXhjyWqds

• AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    edited May 2016
    d_20 said:
    Here's a first impressions vid by Lazy Peon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdXXhjyWqds

People call this a review he didn't even get to level 50.  lol

It should of been called a first impression not a review.
  • ThevoicefrominsideThevoicefrominside Member UncommonPosts: 11
    edited May 2016
    Download.
    Update.
    nProtect something wants to install.
    What the heck is that?
    Started some reading about nProtect.
    No way i'm going to let that on my PC.
    So, while i would be interested in playing ASTA, i'm not going to, because of nProtect.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Download.
    Update.
    nProtect something wants to install.
    What the heck is that?
    Started some reading about nProtect.
    No way i'm going to let that on my PC.
    So, while i would be interested in playing ASTA, i'm not going to, because of nProtect.
    nProtect is just an anti hack program. Almost every Korean MMO uses some iteration of one of these programs to prevent hacking.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Is the levelling experience in this game as easy and not challenging as the levelling experience is in WoW ? I'm imterested but only if the levelling experience is fun and worth playing. Also how bad is the PvP do people really camp at the entrance of places to trap people like me who avoid PvP ?

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    I loved it during beta and for a month after release, then uninstalled it. The high end game sucks.
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    Deyirn said:
    LOL you have 4K HP on a 25 level Warrior?! HAHAHA!!! :D I could've crushed you with my Rogue before you can even cast a single skill. With 4K HP I could've stunlocked and killed you in 4 seconds.
    Congrats...... I guess....