Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Former DICE Artist Showcases Real-Time Environments in Unreal Engine 4

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    edited April 2016
    Challenge accepted. Time to open up Unity for this one. Be back in a couple months.
  • Nayr752Nayr752 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Nice. It looked really awesome.
  • R.LimaR.Lima Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Unbelievably realistic!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    That's ridiculously awesome...

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Pretty much what everyone said above. Nothing else I could possibly add.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• AgnharAgnhar Member UncommonPosts: 108
    In 10 years we might be playing an MMO that looks as amazing as this.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Cleffy said:
    Challenge accepted. Time to open up Unity for this one. Be back in a couple months.
    I think you meant decades, and if you got even half way there it would run like a turd under load or in large open world environments, don't waste your time, use a different engine.  

Cry or Unreal are free to use now and are the only real options for anything of AAA quality, no large studios use Unity for big dollar projects, you would be laughed at by your employees.

Unity is face roll simply to use which is why it's used so often by Indies and people with beginner level programming skills, plus it USED to be the only free option that was available.  Using unity to compete with Cry or Unreal is like taking a Hundai and trying to upgrade it to a formula one car. Yes even 5.3.4.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    You too can experience a game like this for the low, low price of 4 grand in video cards. 

Other components not included. Visit newegg or amazon for details.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Just WOW
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    goboygo said:
    Cleffy said:
    I think you meant decades, and if you got even half way there it would run like a turd under load or in large open world environments, don't waste your time, use a different engine.  

Cry or Unreal are free to use now and are the only real options for anything of AAA quality, no large studios use Unity for big dollar projects, you would be laughed at by your employees.

Unity is face roll simply to use which is why it's used so often by Indies and people with beginner level programming skills, plus it USED to be the only free option that was available.  Using unity to compete with Cry or Unreal is like taking a Hundai and trying to upgrade it to a formula one car. Yes even 5.3.4.
    Can someone clarify this?

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    - 3 mins in.

Photo's stitched together but impressive nonetheless. 
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    goboygo said:
    Cleffy said:

It really depends. To get graphics like in the video, it should be enough. It's not like there are physics involved, and the tools/shaders/lighting models are there in Unity. It's not like the goal is to get a game, just pretty images in a game engine. In my opinion its best to use the simplest method for achieving a goal.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    meh. 

wait for it...

wait for it...

just kidding.  Looks fantastic.

I self identify as a monkey.