Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should we have a Donation Button on mmorpg.com

rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
edited March 2016 in Off-Topic Discussion
I was annoyed at some of the low end flash games being what I felt was overly advertised, but I understand the site needs to stay afloat to financial wise, and I am sure they get paid something for hosting these adds.

What is we had a small button to donate towards the mmorpg.com site to support server costs and maybe even additional features people decide on up the road.

There would be absolutely 0 rewards given for donating, and of course its only if you want to donate,
I think this way it keeps everyone equal on the site.

This way maybe we can improve the site without the flash stuff shoved on us, and everyone gets what they want including making the site even nicer.

Im sure there is a lot of people coming here and I know from other donation sites I won't name there are people with lots of cash that have no issues throwing a dollar or two here and there.

Comments

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    edited March 2016
    I voted NO. 

As far as I'm concerned the best articles on this site come from users like @blueturtle13 and the random discussions started by others. The use of the auto generated System articles, half baked "review in progress" posts that never get finished, the ad bait articles that you have to click through 2-3 pages before getting to the article and the other nonsense here is why I happily use AdBlock Pro.

They can add a Donate button if they want, they would probably make a decent amount from loyal users, but I don't see anything that would merit donating here anymore.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    They could sell jpegs of what the forum could look like in the future.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Why don't they? Why not offer some kind of membership? Donate? Patreon, do a kickstarter, I dunno something? Fund rasing?

I mean don't get me wrong I don't mind them taking money from frauds like League of Angels, Scarlet Blade, Seas of Gold or any R2 game, but it makes the site kinda sleazy.

"Sell jpegs of what the forum could look like in the future." Nailed it.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• GorlanGMOGorlanGMO Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Donate button is good idea.