Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8 Cool Technologies to Look Forward to After Virtual Reality

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    i just wish the companies and clients i have had would use teleconferencing, kinda bring them into this decade

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Teleportation and Warp Drive would be awesome, but i guess both things are nearly impossible, sadly.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Daikuru said:
    Teleportation and Warp Drive would be awesome, but i guess both things are nearly impossible, sadly.

Warp drive would be very awesome, but teleportation kinda scares me. Remember the movie the Fly?

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    edited March 2016
    I am actually a bit concerned about self-driving cars.

I believe it may lead to limitation of our freedom in the name of safety. I think it is quite likely that people will be forbidden to drive cars due to self-driving ones being safer. While I see why it may be considered as reasonable and logical, the right to drive my car is still important for me which makes me reluctant to accept it.

I think it will inevitably happen in the future anyway as the cars simply will not even have manual driving built in.

Am I way off? :)
    Self-driving cars are not a good idea.

Once people become accustomed to not driving some/most of the time, their actual driving ability will inevitably become poor/non-existent. What happens when the system fails (as all components on a car eventually do). Do you want to be on the road with someone who has what is essentially the driving skill of a 10 year old?

Cool technology and my ass was always entertained with some Knight Rider, but damn, some ideas are best left to fiction. This has disaster written all over it. Zero foresight.

Nice OP though, blueturtle13. Some amazingly interesting stuff in there.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Daikuru said:

Warp drive would be very awesome, but teleportation kinda scares me. Remember the movie the Fly?
    Can I be merged with my better half and become a whole person then?  <3
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon.